Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

skippy78
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:41 am

Postby skippy78 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:03 am

John Basedow as in the Fitness Made Simple guy commercial. It is on every 5 minutes, then I turn the channel it is on the other station, then I turn the channel... a minute later it comes on again. This guy must be convincing a lot of fatties his program works to run this many commercials day in and day out.
Paladoris
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Postby Paladoris » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:49 am

Athena1999 wrote:I feel your pain, iceiwynd. I'm a mosquito magnet.

When people bitch at me for messed-up orders, and it's all over little things like wanting more cheese on their cheese bread or an extra dipping sauce. Seriously! I don't make the pizzas... I just DELIVER them. And it's really tough when there's only two people on staff, one of whom (me) was only trained to deliver and place people's orders on the computer. The worst part of today was when a guy demanded extra marinara sauce for his breadsticks and gave me no tip because of that. I had to drive all the way back to Domino's after my run and get one frickin cup of marinara sauce and waste a bunch of gas just for him. Gaaaaah.

Ugh, Domino's. I feel your pain. Ever notice it's mostly the really nice people who don't tip you? Some sweet lady who makes nice conversation, compliments you on your promptness, then gives you a check for the exact amount?

What I really hate is when there's something funky about the house and I get no warning. It makes me want to break things, like customers. Or when I arrive at an apartment complex, buzz the room and they don't have a land line. If I didn't have a cell phone, 20% of my deliveries wouldn't get done. Be just a little considerate, for christ's sake. assh*les.
KyleBenoit
Posts: 2684
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 2:44 am

Postby KyleBenoit » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:56 pm

ProfChaos42 wrote:On the Headlines segment of Leno, they showed a newspaper clipping about a town's rejection of Brokeback Mountain. In it, a lady was saying a bunch of defamatory stuff about the movie that was extremely uninformed. The quote I remember was "Besides, it's unrealistic. They didn't even have homosexuality in the 1960's."


That lady is the biggest bullshitter I've heard of...this week. Homosexuality and bisexuality have been around for as long as heterosexuality has - since the beginning of time. That's one thing that really pisses me off. Most people don't think of bisexuality or homosexuality as feelings. It's just as much love as heterosexuality is. And like many people have said over the years, "Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling". So since when is having a strong feeling or affection towards someone a crime?
Image
crazyQH
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 am

Postby crazyQH » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:38 pm

KyleBenoit wrote:. And like many people have said over the years, "Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling". So since when is having a strong feeling or affection towards someone a crime?[/color]


Exactly. I don't get why people accuse other's for their sexual preference. That's like accusing someone for being happy or sad or whatever.
Agaath95
Posts: 1235
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:46 pm

Postby Agaath95 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:45 pm

People who whine about small things. Some snob called the mail office where I work as a mailwoman because I had folded the mail in her mailbox. (what a crime :roll: ) It's not my fault that she has a mailbox where you have to use force to fit the mail in. Besides, there are worse things in the world than folded mail aren't there?
Image
hitman_kenny
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Postby hitman_kenny » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Yesterday I opened a pack of little dinamytes and every second one was a dud, it costs me a dollar!
[url=http://imageshack.us:572e8][img:572e8]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6426/sig4jh.gif[/img:572e8][/url:572e8]
ProfChaos42
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:17 pm

Postby ProfChaos42 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Agaath95 wrote:People who whine about small things. Some snob called the mail office where I work as a mailwoman because I had folded the mail in her mailbox. (what a crime :roll: ) It's not my fault that she has a mailbox where you have to use force to fit the mail in. Besides, there are worse things in the world than folded mail aren't there?


Yeah, but some people just like to complain. They take some weird pleasure in being dissatisfied with everything around them. I know; I work at McDonald's. And I work at a good one where most of the customers are pleasant.

The compulsive complainers are the ones who complain about little wussy stuff like having to pay for sauce and the fact that the cheeseburgers cost more than the double cheeses, and the ones who think they are being overcharged through drive-thru because the screen outside lists the drink separate from the meal instead of combining them for the total price of the actual meal cost, so they think they are being charged extra for the drink. They suck.

Anyway, complaining is some people's bread and butter.
MixStan
Posts: 1396
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Postby MixStan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:30 pm

crazyQH wrote:
KyleBenoit wrote:. And like many people have said over the years, "Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling". So since when is having a strong feeling or affection towards someone a crime?[/color]


Exactly. I don't get why people accuse other's for their sexual preference. That's like accusing someone for being happy or sad or whatever.


I agree completely. I mean let them live their life the way they to. They chose to be that way, whatever that's cool, just don't go arresting them for being that way. Jesus. I think I just f*cked up that thing.
megan*w
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Postby megan*w » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:30 am

JesusComplex wrote:
megan*w wrote:People who call me for no reason really piss me off. The ones who call just to see how 'things' are. 'Things'? What is that supposed to mean.


It's called being a friend. Usually when they call to see how things are they want to see if you want to do something later.

I bet you'd be more pissed off if nobody called at all. At least they make an effort to call you. All of my "friends" stopped calling me when I graduated from high school. Then they have the nerve to get pissed off at me for not calling them. The phone works both ways and everytime I tried calling you I got the answer machine.


No, it's not my friends who call for no reason. They call to talk. It's this girl who follows me and my friends around and just stands there not saying anything. And then she calls us just to 'see how things are' and doesn't say anything down the phone except 'hi' and 'i'm just calling to see how things are'. So it's very awkward-silency.
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:20 am

Two more art-related rants:

1. "Wow, that's really good for MS Paint!"

So basically all you're acknowledging is the program and not the actual picture? If I said I drew it in Photoshop, then what would you say? Honestly, between actually drawing things (skip the colouring here), the only slight advantage Photoshop really has is layers, or possibly the different brushes. That's it.

If that's all you say in your comment, then your comment sucks. If you actually comment on the actual picture, though, then it's not really as bad. But really, it's good for MS Paint? As long as you work hard you can do really amazing pictures in MS Paint. Good drawing shines through lack of tools, however, if you don't even acknowledge that fact, then your comment is as good as worthless. Why don't you try saying something else?

People seem to ignore the fact that fancy programs like Photoshop DON'T make you magically better.

2. "All I want is mindless praise!"

I've seen it on deviantART all the time. People select the Do Not Critique setting for their comments. Sometimes, they have a good reason, like they know what's wrong with the picture (although they may not know all of it), or they're just fed up with the picture and don't care anymore. That's fine. But most of the time I've found it's by people who only want praise.

You're not going to improve if people don't tell you what's wrong. Your art is going to stay exactly where it's at if you only demand that people tell you that oh it's so amazing it's such good work look at how great that is! It's especially annoying when the art sucks and you see people bullsh*t the comments to make the other people happy.

People never really gave me constructive criticism. My art was stuck in a crappy rut for a long while. I whined about it and all people told me was, "Oh, no, it looks just fine!" Good god it did NOT. All of the people who tried to tell me what was wrong I saw as jackasses. And true, they didn't exactly phrase their discontentment in a very nice way, but they were RIGHT. I ignored them at first but then I took what they said into consideratin and look at that, I IMPROVED!

I always tell people that I'd like constructive criticism on deviantART, and that it's appreciated. I still rarely get it, but at least people freaking no. And if they're encourage to say bad things about it and they say good things instead, then it just makes it feel all the better. Sure, the bad things hurt a bit. That's natural. But take it in stride and apply what it said to your future works and you'll actually improve, and then you won't be getting this mindless praise you strive for, you'll be getting REAL praise.

Some people like to yell at people who actually try to tell them what's wrong and how they can do better. Those people suck. They're just never going to get any better and their art is going to continue sucking until they actually listen to what honest people say.
DownWithCalifornia
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:36 am

Postby DownWithCalifornia » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:59 am

Yuppies. Yuppies piss me off so much... they never work for anything, they don't know what physical or mental pain is, and they just sit around, waiting for other people to do everything for them. I... F*cking... Hate... Yuppies.

Oh, and this one kid who was in my class in 4th and 5th grades... he was such an assh*le. He was Jewish, and every holiday season he would start making a big show about being a different religion then everyone else. We weren't even allowed to play Christmas songs on the really sh*tty radio of our teacher's that was kept in the classroom. AND HE WAS ALLOWED TO PLAY HANUKAH SONGS! (I can't spell Hanukah. Screw you.) There was another kid who was Jewish in that school, and he liked South Park as much as I did/do. His favorite episode was Passion of the Jew. His favorite part? Oh yeah, when Cartman was marching down the streets yelling in German or whatever the hell it was "We must exterminate the Jews!"

Talk about tolerance!

(The kid I was talking about at the beginning of the paragraph went to public school after that and probably got the crap beaten out of him every day. Me and my friends occasionally refer to him as "it-who-must-not-be-named".)

If you've actually read this entire thing, thank you. You recieve a virtual prize. Of... um, I dunno, cookies or sometthing.
Image
Siggy 100% Paint, 'cause Photoshop pisses me off.Image
kyleen11
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Postby kyleen11 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:45 am

I'm pissed off at this f*cking internet shop computer. Everytime I try to post something or send a PM, it always get me logged off and I have to sign in again... f*ck! I'm super pissed off right now! :x (But then again, maybe it's telling me not to post here... :lol: )
"I gotta be romanced a little before I take my clothes off!" -- Bob Gaudio, Jersey Boys
Cartman_91
Posts: 2878
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:22 am

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:13 pm

This is probably the thing that pisses me off to the Max

When you hear a kickass song but you don't know what it's called, I usually don't listen to rap but heard a song on The Friday Night Lights Commercial that went like 5 percent talent 10 percent skill, I don;t know if those are the exact words but it had percent in it, does anyone know what it's called it's driving me crazy
Image
KyleBenoit
Posts: 2684
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 2:44 am

Postby KyleBenoit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:59 pm

Cartman_91 wrote:This is probably the thing that pisses me off to the Max

When you hear a kickass song but you don't know what it's called, I usually don't listen to rap but heard a song on The Friday Night Lights Commercial that went like 5 percent talent 10 percent skill, I don;t know if those are the exact words but it had percent in it, does anyone know what it's called it's driving me crazy


Ugh, I feel your pain. That actually happens alot since I've been listening to the radio more often. There's a classic rock station I listen to all the time. The only problem is, when they play multiple great songs at a time, they don't name them so I'm left pondering what the hell the great songs are called.
Image
britboy01
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:24 pm

Postby britboy01 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Cartman_91 wrote:This is probably the thing that pisses me off to the Max

When you hear a kickass song but you don't know what it's called, I usually don't listen to rap but heard a song on The Friday Night Lights Commercial that went like 5 percent talent 10 percent skill, I don;t know if those are the exact words but it had percent in it, does anyone know what it's called it's driving me crazy


I think I know the song that you are talking about but I too don't know what it's called. I think it says:
10% Luck
20% Skill
15% Concentrated power of will
5% Pleasure
50% Pain
100% Reason to Remember my name.
Ill look the song up right now...

EDIT: I found the song it is Fort Minor - Remember the name.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests