Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby teh-lolrus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:32 am

Oh, lazy people piss me off, too. Long story; I'll go rant it off in that one thread I made last night.

:x
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:43 am

Hey teh-lolrus, long time no see. (No Internet.)

EDIT

No one can see that I was ever religious! :chaos:
Last edited by gtaca2005 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
rainbow.bix

Postby rainbow.bix » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:48 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:They told me that exact same bullsh*t at Catholic school. (Imagine me, in Catholic school, :lol: ) That turned me off to Christianity... not that I necessarily don't believe in God (I'm an agnostic), but I think that he would want everyone to have free will and be happy.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I attended a Catholic high school, and all it has done is turn me into an athiest and a sex maniac. I'm not kidding. The whole "no sex before you're married" just made me want to have sexsexsex. Catholic 'education' is the biggest load of crap, I swear.

Thank science I took Biology as a subject. :?
Formerly terrance&philliparesw.

Just like weetbix... except queer
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:48 pm

im quite pissed of by the curch. homosexuality is bad? lets ask jesus, hypotetically. isnt everything what jesus thought about LOVE? that its important to love your neighbor and your enemies? every kind of love is good. not bad. even, or should i say, ESPECIALLY when its between two men or two women, when they face discrimination, disgust and violence, just to be together?
god, that makes me angry.
and no sex before marriage... i never got that. just doesnt make sense. if there is a passionate catholic round here, please explain that to me!
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:05 am

Mind if I added to your ranting?

Religious fundies piss me off. My relatives who live in St. Paul are part of that group, and they've been trying to "convert" me lately. My roommate this year, despite being my best friend IRL, is one of them, and I can *never* bring up politics or sensitive topics around her, lest we start arguing. We are polar opposites-- I'm a (somewhat hardcore) liberal, she's a hardcore conservative and a religious fundie... enough said.

The one thing they've done to piss me off is the fact that they're protesting making our university more secular. They're sending out all of these bullsh*t emails to people (where they're basically saying "Send out letters to everyone you know to STOP the board from making this decision! Keep our university Catholic, otherwise it'll be overpopulated by evil atheists/agnostics, f*ggots, baby-killers, and liberals in general! The Holy Spirit will guide us because we are right! Anyone who disagrees with us is going to hell!")

The only reason I'm attending this school is for their pre-health program. I hate how conservative and/or closed-minded 99% of the people here are; it's like they're just here to turn people into fundies like them and try to drive out our tiny, 20-something liberal population.

There is NOTHING wrong with making a school more secular. If anything, it's making it more open-minded to other religions besides Christianity and Catholicism. Just because that happens DOESN"T mean it's going to lose its ministry, and it doesn't mean the professors are going to stop teaching theology and Catholic studies if there's enough interest in the general student population.

And maybe if these fundies read the bible, they'd understand that they're contradicting Jesus' example of open-mindedness and acceptance.

Anyway, that's enough ranting on my part, sorry about that. ^^;
Illegitimi non carborundum.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Blue Twilight wrote:Religious fundies piss me off. My relatives who live in St. Paul are part of that group, and they've been trying to "convert" me lately. My roommate this year, despite being my best friend IRL, is one of them, and I can *never* bring up politics or sensitive topics around her, lest we start arguing. We are polar opposites-- I'm a (somewhat hardcore) liberal, she's a hardcore conservative and a religious fundie... enough said.

The one thing they've done to piss me off is the fact that they're protesting making our university more secular. They're sending out all of these bullsh*t emails to people (where they're basically saying "Send out letters to everyone you know to STOP the board from making this decision! Keep our university Catholic, otherwise it'll be overpopulated by evil atheists/agnostics, f*ggots, baby-killers, and liberals in general! The Holy Spirit will guide us because we are right! Anyone who disagrees with us is going to hell!")

The only reason I'm attending this school is for their pre-health program. I hate how conservative and/or closed-minded 99% of the people here are; it's like they're just here to turn people into fundies like them and try to drive out our tiny, 20-something liberal population.

There is NOTHING wrong with making a school more secular. If anything, it's making it more open-minded to other religions besides Christianity and Catholicism. Just because that happens DOESN"T mean it's going to lose its ministry, and it doesn't mean the professors are going to stop teaching theology and Catholic studies if there's enough interest in the general student population.

And maybe if these fundies read the bible, they'd understand that they're contradicting Jesus' example of open-mindedness and acceptance.

Anyway, that's enough ranting on my part, sorry about that. ^^;

One of the many reasons/things that put me off Religion entirely and made me an Atheist. (and proud of it) Thankfully, I don't have to cope with people like THAT at my University - one of the rare occassions in this country where a religion or high-status group of individuals try to take control (either physically or metaphorically) of a public building/campus.

Though I do get kinda pissed when Government and Political groups start to try and take control of this campus - thinking that it's another excellent excuse...I mean, source to get even more money out of us. I, personally, aren't swung to either the Left (Labour) or the Right (Conservative) because I hate both parties for different reasons - one can't do anything where the other one just want to steal from the poor and give to the rich.

No, Politics for me in this country is yet another dramatic dictatorship of power, lust, money, scandal, stupidity and control...and I doubt it will ever change from that. After all, in their opinion, 2 + 2 = 5.

I would rant on about something else University-related, but I feel like I've ranted enough for today, so I might leave that for another day.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 am

Therapists
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
rainbow.bix

Postby rainbow.bix » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 am

b4uparty.com. The people on there are mostly pervs, sluts and pedophiles. I have a profile on there, but I don't really go on there anymore for obvious reasons.
Formerly terrance&philliparesw.

Just like weetbix... except queer
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:10 am

Facebook pisses me off.

Whatever happened to talking to people the *traditional* way?

Oh yeah, and additional reasons I loathe it so much are because it's popular, and I can't stand 99% of the people who use it. Stupid snobbish preps. >.<

Albiet it's the only way I'm able to stay in contact with friends from high school... I still don't like it.

(I'm so going to get bashed for this... XD)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 am

^ I hate Myspace and all things alike, so don't feel too alone. The whole deal with it is stupid. And Tom just has to be everyones friend, don't he! I know you can delete him, but DAMN!
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 am

^Glad I'm not alone. I'm pretty much against anything overpopulated by stupid teenage preps, emos, and/or pedophiles. I think it's more the *people* who use social networking sites that piss me off rather than the sites themselves.

Don't even get me started on Tom... he creeps me out, I'll be honest. XD
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:02 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Don't even get me started on Tom... he creeps me out, I'll be honest. XD

I know, the way he looks at you while sitting at his computer. It's like he is hypnotizing you to be a Myspace addict. :lol:
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 am

^Yes, that and the fact that he looks almost exactly like one of the many annoying assh*les I know too well at my college. And that dorky grin on his face... just NO. :lol:

And could that guy at least change his picture? XD
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:27 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Facebook pisses me off.

Whatever happened to talking to people the *traditional* way?

Oh yeah, and additional reasons I loathe it so much are because it's popular, and I can't stand 99% of the people who use it. Stupid snobbish preps. >.<

Albiet it's the only way I'm able to stay in contact with friends from high school... I still don't like it.

(I'm so going to get bashed for this... XD)

Let me join you in your hatred of mainstream social networking sites. That's all that most of the girls at my school talk about, save for the few artists and outcast kids I hang out with. The social policy seems to be 'if you don't have a MySpace, you're a stupid f*ck who doesn't keep with the times'. So what if I'm not keeping with the times? Hell, I prefer writing letters with paper and pen over E-Mail and everything else. I think it's so much more personal, especially when it comes down to boyfriend/girlfriend stuff.

:roll:

I especially have a deep hatred of MySpace, ever since the sh*t that some asshats started on me and my boyfriend (explained in that "Woe is me" thread in Off-Topic). Stupid, stupid, stupid. I even heard from teachers that go to college official conventions that colleges are less likely to take kids with MySpaces.

Personally, I like talking to people over the phone better than on the Internet.

:roll:

The finger splint I have on is pissing me off. It's slowed my typing speed about three times. I'll rant about that over in that other thread.

><
._.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm pissed at fos-ff.net and ff.net.
Freedom Of Speech - for it's crappy site being under maintenence when I'm finishing up some fanfics
FanFiction.net - For not accepting script style fics...or so I've heard (I like writing in script mode because it seems more like a script of the actual show). If that isn't so, could someone PM me? I'm down for posting up some new stuff. I'd do it here but not all the fics are South Park.

Return to “Hot Topics”