Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby zzyzx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Things that piss me off? Posters who make a claim that a thread has been "bumped" under their own definition of bumping, when the truth is the other poster who did make the post was not posting with "bumping" in mind; he/she only had something to say.

Frost_D wrote:Bumping: Saying a little bit, but not adding any value to the thread.


Who is to say what is "not adding any value to the thread????" Is it in YOUR opinion, or in the posters opinion? Even in IM/Chat lingo there is the three letter: IMO (In My Opinion). Just because posting in a thread may be "bumping" to one particular reader, it is also true that for the actual poster he/she thought the post WAS adding some value to the thread, hence the post was NOT bumping.

It pisses me off that some readers make a big deal of "bumping" when the truth may be that the poster who "bumped" was merely posting, without having the intent to "bump." The only intent was to post something which the poster thought was of value, not "but not adding any value to the thread."

ANY VALUE? The poster thought there was SOME value, that's why the post. How can any reader make the claim the post has NO VALUE at all? If that's your opinion, then either post your opinion or say nothing. How can there be a free exchange of ideas if readers dismiss the post as merely a "Bump"?
Lazydan
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Lazydan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:35 pm

zzyzx wrote:Things that piss me off? Posters who make a claim that a thread has been "bumped" under their own definition of bumping, when the truth is the other poster who did make the post was not posting with "bumping" in mind; he/she only had something to say.

Frost_D wrote:Bumping: Saying a little bit, but not adding any value to the thread.


Who is to say what is "not adding any value to the thread????" Is it in YOUR opinion, or in the posters opinion? Even in IM/Chat lingo there is the three letter: IMO (In My Opinion). Just because posting in a thread may be "bumping" to one particular reader, it is also true that for the actual poster he/she thought the post WAS adding some value to the thread, hence the post was NOT bumping.

It pisses me off that some readers make a big deal of "bumping" when the truth may be that the poster who "bumped" was merely posting, without having the intent to "bump." The only intent was to post something which the poster thought was of value, not "but not adding any value to the thread."

ANY VALUE? The poster thought there was SOME value, that's why the post. How can any reader make the claim the post has NO VALUE at all? If that's your opinion, then either post your opinion or say nothing. How can there be a free exchange of ideas if readers dismiss the post as merely a "Bump"?



Okay, calm down. People who reply to a thread with "BUMP" or "oh yea i agree too" or posing something completely irrelevant to the topic when they already posted something, are obviously Bumping, or if they are actually posting, then they should stop immediately. There is nothing that pisses me off when people keep bringing back topics with stupid posts like "Ohh i see" or things like that. Am I making any sense?
http://www.bcdan.blogspot.com
MEGADETH + DAVE MUSTAINE FTW
Metallica Blows! \m/ f*ck Yeah METAL! \m/
Marijuana is great, and should be smoked 24/7
RideTheLightning
Posts: 3643
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby RideTheLightning » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Lazydan wrote:
zzyzx wrote:Things that piss me off? Posters who make a claim that a thread has been "bumped" under their own definition of bumping, when the truth is the other poster who did make the post was not posting with "bumping" in mind; he/she only had something to say.

Frost_D wrote:Bumping: Saying a little bit, but not adding any value to the thread.


Who is to say what is "not adding any value to the thread????" Is it in YOUR opinion, or in the posters opinion? Even in IM/Chat lingo there is the three letter: IMO (In My Opinion). Just because posting in a thread may be "bumping" to one particular reader, it is also true that for the actual poster he/she thought the post WAS adding some value to the thread, hence the post was NOT bumping.

It pisses me off that some readers make a big deal of "bumping" when the truth may be that the poster who "bumped" was merely posting, without having the intent to "bump." The only intent was to post something which the poster thought was of value, not "but not adding any value to the thread."

ANY VALUE? The poster thought there was SOME value, that's why the post. How can any reader make the claim the post has NO VALUE at all? If that's your opinion, then either post your opinion or say nothing. How can there be a free exchange of ideas if readers dismiss the post as merely a "Bump"?



Okay, calm down. People who reply to a thread with "BUMP" or "oh yea i agree too" or posing something completely irrelevant to the topic when they already posted something, are obviously Bumping, or if they are actually posting, then they should stop immediately. There is nothing that pisses me off when people keep bringing back topics with stupid posts like "Ohh i see" or things like that. Am I making any sense?


Oh, I see...
Frosty_D
Posts: 843
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Frosty_D » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:52 pm

zzyzx wrote:Things that piss me off? Posters who make a claim that a thread has been "bumped" under their own definition of bumping, when the truth is the other poster who did make the post was not posting with "bumping" in mind; he/she only had something to say.

So... you think that "x days till Channukah" is adding value to the thread? Ah well...

Who is to say what is "not adding any value to the thread????" Is it in YOUR opinion, or in the posters opinion?
I gennerally count something like "bump" or something simular as not adding any vaule and by no value I mean not adding to the discussion and not helping it move the thread. The last person to reply wins and randome thread don't really count because they are both randome. "x days till Channukah" does not really help out discussion.

Even in IM/Chat lingo there is the three letter: IMO (In My Opinion).
<sarcasm>No way... I would never have guessed that. </sarcasm>


It pisses me off that some readers make a big deal of "bumping" when the truth may be that the poster who "bumped" was merely posting, without having the intent to "bump."
Some users don't, but normally they do have the intention to bump the thread.
ANY VALUE? The poster thought there was SOME value, that's why the post. How can any reader make the claim the post has NO VALUE at all? If that's your opinion, then either post your opinion or say nothing.

I do not think it adds to the disscusion any. And I did post my opinion, thank you.
zzyzx
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby zzyzx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Frosty_D wrote:. . . I do not think it adds to the disscusion any. And I did post my opinion, thank you.


You're welcome. This is good. This thread is "Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!" You had your say. Here's mine:

You said: "I do not think it adds to the discussion (spelling corrected) any."

I say: I DO think it adds to the discussion.
southparkroger
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:54 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby southparkroger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 pm

zzyzx wrote:
Frosty_D wrote:. . . I do not think it adds to the disscusion any. And I did post my opinion, thank you.


You're welcome. This is good. This thread is "Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!" You had your say. Here's mine:

You said: "I do not think it adds to the discussion (spelling corrected) any."

I say: I DO think it adds to the discussion.


It pisses me off when fucktards go on internet forums and act like they're mentally retarded and/or autistic, though they are really just idiots. I also hate people who assume that everything they say is worth reading to anybody and everybody.

News flash: zzyzx, nobody cares what you have to say.
ned15
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby ned15 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 pm

seeing you two going back and forth is starting to piss me off
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 pm

People who think spelling and grammer (beyond that required to render communication possible and unambiguous) is important piss me off.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Lazydan
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Lazydan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:53 pm

ned15 wrote:seeing you two going back and forth is starting to piss me off



What? That's was his first post towards him.
Read the whole conversation, or don't post about it.

^that pisses me off
http://www.bcdan.blogspot.com
MEGADETH + DAVE MUSTAINE FTW
Metallica Blows! \m/ f*ck Yeah METAL! \m/
Marijuana is great, and should be smoked 24/7
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 pm

they have been doing this in other threads...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
It's On
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:49 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby It's On » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 am

the way this forum randomly signs me out...then i have to sign back in twice to get back in

that pisses me off :cartmansopissedrightnow:

:twisted: :twisted:
I want to put smilies in my sig,but it says;
Smilies are OFF..D'oh
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:07 am

Oh yea... that happened to me at least 6 times to me today. And it also took away my previous avatars I saved.

Forgetting where I put stuff pisses me off somewhat.

Boredome pisses me off....
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby jewish pride » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:11 pm

f*cking gay ass msn pisses me off! :x

the bbs not having a kyle smilie and me having to resort to this Image pisses me off! :x

ImageImageImage
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:16 pm

The fact that I can't figure out how to use my bluetooth to get photos from my cameraphone to my computer pisses me off.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:20 pm

MSN live pisses me off... Trillian isn't as bad because it doesn't come back with "can't send to all users" as often as MSN. Actually... it does it very rarely. But... I like to draw on there.....
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests