Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm pissed that whatever company that contracts with Verizon to install their Fios cables (to the house) still haven't come out to fix ours yet. When they ran it the first time, the ran it to the wrong box at the street. So the installer guy had to call someone out to run a temporary line across 2 neighbor's lawns and under the street to get us up and running. That was almost 2 weeks ago. :x I've called twice, and Verizon is beside themselves with apologies. That's fine, but it's the dildos at the contracting company that need to get their sh*t together. [/rant]
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm

The statue they built to US president Ronald Regan in London, England pisses me off. Whatever your politics, why should Britain's oldest enemy erect a monument to an American leader on the 4th July!
To make the US feel at ease before we set our bulldogs on it is all I can think >_>
He looks like he's in blackface too, given it's made of iron or something.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:20 am

Unassumption wrote:The statue they built to US president Ronald Regan in London, England pisses me off. Whatever your politics, why should Britain's oldest enemy erect a monument to an American leader on the 4th July!
To make the US feel at ease before we set our bulldogs on it is all I can think >_>
He looks like he's in blackface too, given it's made of iron or something.

I actually agree with you. Ronald Reagon was our leader, not Britain's. We're allies now though, so maybe it was a sign of friendship?
Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:47 am

We're allies now though, so maybe it was a sign of friendship?

I suppose the US president impacts the UK almost as much as the PM so it makes sense, given the 'special relationship' and all. I thought he was the first one to get a statue and thought it was an odd place to start but looking further (i.e. actually Googling) i found out Kennedy etc have them too, so it's not so bad I guess.

It pisses me off how they taught so little non-UK history (so little UK history for that matter) in history class
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 am

INCORRECT USAGE OR OMISSION OF THE ENGLISH SUBJUNCTIVE
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Cuts you dont remember the origin of piss me off
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 pm

When my little brother doesn't get what he wants and throws a tantrum. It literally gives me headaches... :(
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I can't believe that Texas is STILL killing off over 50 Mexican foreign nationals who are on death row for their crimes and denied access to consular relations thanks to the online mob mentality of Bible-thumping, racist, xenophobic death penalty supporters who disregard human life and Americans' own rights to consular authorities should they get arrested in foreign countries, putting their own selves in danger of being executed without fair trials and without consular access! These xenophobic death penalty supporters are STILL treating these Mexican death row inmates as "illegal immigrant monsters who brutally kill, lie about being sexually abused, lie about consular relations being violated, do not need help from foreign treaties or courts or ANYONE, and they all deserve to fry in hell so that justice will be served!" And yet these xenophobic yahoos STILL ignore these inmates and deny them fair trials, TOTALLY ignore the evidence of innocence, and believe in junk science and the "he said, she said" stuff which they believe to be true (when in fact it is fake)! This TRULY disgusts me to no end! :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow:
Still the same as it ever was.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:51 pm

^^The greatest form of stupidity is hypocrisy. Was there one case in particular that prompted you to write this?
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 am

You're expecting a call, waiting, but the phone will just not go off. It just sits there, silent, for an hour or three. Suddenly other obligations call, and you leave to do something that takes just one minute...

Then you come back to see roughly 75 missed calls and 150 new texts have arrived during that away time. :/
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

yet these xenophobic yahoos STILL ignore these inmates

Justifications for hate are almost always ways of making an emotion seem like the product of reason and evidence; there's probably a good biological reason to want to feel anger when we do, but all the tomes trying to find logical reasons for moral feelings are so much spilled ink. It doesn't piss me off, but I wish people would admit when something boils down to feelings when it does.

Hate against specific groups probably has nothing to do with who they are or the reasons they give, so trying to overturn those reasons won't end the hate; I know a lot of racists but I doubt even they believe the BS they spew about black people, they just want someone, something, anything, to hate. The hate is THERE inside them, looking for a group to release upon, like charges in a cloud trying to find a rod. If only they could just admit they have a problem with hate or anger, instead of trying to justify it =S
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
chrichardson

Re:

Postby chrichardson » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 am

Marilyn666Manson wrote:One thing that just annoys the hell out of me is:

When people point at their wrist and ask for the time. I know where my watch is, where thr hell is yours? Do i point at my crotch when i ask where the bathroom is?

I do...
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:^^The greatest form of stupidity is hypocrisy. Was there one case in particular that prompted you to write this?

Yes, it was Humberto Leal Garcia's case, and it was also that of Jose Ernesto Medellin Rojas. Both are killed by the state of Texas after unfair trials and denied access to their consular relations. But please let's not start a flame war because of this, because I oppose the death penalty, okay?
Still the same as it ever was.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am

I do as well. Killing a person for murder doesn't bring the victim back, and killing a person for any crime is simply petty vengeance.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 am

I can understand people being angry enough to kill someone who hurts them or their loved ones, it's more the BS attempts to justify it as something other than just their emotions that bother me.

The state letting emotions dictate it's actions is unforgivable though; if there were good evidence that executions, wars, no social safety net, broken window policies, etc, helped more people than they hurt, and were better than all the alternatives, it would be wrong for them to not adopt such measures because of 'compassion' or any emotion like that. But it seems they don't have good evidence for most of them, and support them on 'anger' and other emotions hiding behind meaningless invented excuses like 'justice' and 'freedom.' I suppose everyone in congress is an emotional individual, just thought the emotions would be dilluted with so many folk there.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “Hot Topics”