Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0

Re: Things that PISS YOU OFF!!!

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am

The fact that I talk in a high pitched voice when I'm excited.
Can't we all just get along?
trylint

Postby trylint » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 am

when people hate on stuff they don't understand. heck, when people don't understand something in the first place. I just really hate people who think they get something, and so try to talk about it, but just don't really get it. :unhoodedkenny:
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:36 am

High humidity coupled with high heat and a high heat index :parishilton:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Trying to type anything on my phong. (Oh sure. Nowbit works.)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Trying to wake up. A lot of times I'm dreaming and it's hard to get out of the dream. In the dreams I'm trying to wake up but it doesn't work. I feel like I'm walking around looking at the ceiling, wobbling. I'm trying real hard to wake up but I can't! It is so frustrating! I wish I didn't struggle to wake myself in dreams. I wish I'd just wake up and that's that.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 am

Being woken up in the middle of the night by a scream coming from your neighbour's house, followed by hysterical sobbing. :cartmanscared:
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 am

Being woken up in the middle of the night by a scream coming from your neighbour's house, followed by hysterical sobbing.

When someone in your house does that every other night for hours on end.

Not being able to predict things that effect what actions will be best for me to take, such as weather hysterical screaming will keep me awake if I don't go to sleep at a stupidly early time.

Not being able to predict my own future actions, as happens when I'm really tired. The stupid sh*t i do when really tired.

People who make excuses for their actions that are contradictory; I drink because no one talks to me, I drink because people talking to me stresses me up. When people believe their own excuses.

People who insist something like alcohol must be harmless because it's legal, OR who insist it must be always harmful at any dose because when abused it's harmful. Can't we deal with alcoholics and let people drink a reasonable ammount?

When people have 'selective consciences' - they don't want to do something so find it immoral, but do the thing they say makes it immoral all the time when they want to!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:26 pm

A friend of mine, nags how I take too much ibuprofen, and that I'll destroy my liver. And the best thing is she's knowingly and willingly destroying her lungs with cigarettes!
A pill every two weeks is not too much. Then she says I should try herbal medicine. :roll: Yeah, right. Garlic extract does not help with headaches!
Then another friend suggested Aspirin, because it's milder. Screw acetylsalicylic acid! If Aspirin can help, it's not worth taking it. And, when I get headaches, usually it takes 800 mg of ibuprofen. How much Aspirin should I take to fight that kind of headache?

Another friend insists I should be more positive, and that bad things happen to me because of my bad attitude.
When I didn't get that job few months ago, some of my friends said I should focus on being positive, so maybe employer changes her mind and hires me. Aside from that being completely loony and a waste of time, it's also bad for me to focus my energy on something that won't happen. It will just make me feel worse.

In general it pisses me how some people are trying to change things on me that don't need changing, just so I would fit better in their lifestyle. I'm not an optimist, I'm not physically affectionate and I'm not into alternative new age crap. I'm a moody nihilistic skeptical assh*le, get over it!

EDIT Something's wrong with the internet today. This forum won't show some avatars, and Facebook won't show some posts. :/
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Garlic extract does not help with headaches!

Does if it's a placebo. I hate when i have a placebo and someone tells me the truth so it stops working - hate it until that knowlege helps me find something that works. I hate how medicines usually have side effects though.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
kylekennypiptweek

Postby kylekennypiptweek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Mamont wrote:
Something's wrong with the internet today. This forum won't show some avatars, and Facebook won't show some posts. :/

I've noticed that too.

When I'm looking for my phone for five minutes then I realize it's in my hand.... :|
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Empathy pisses me off. That's to say, feeling emotions other people around you express. When an overly stressed crazy person screams and shouts all day and night, it makes me mad even when i have nothing to be mad about! Apart from being kept up all night that is.Not being able to think because people won't STFU too.

Viruses piss me off both computer and otherwise, as does prejudice against virus-based medicine ;I
Restrictions on passwords that make me use forgettable stuff.

The fact i got a reputation as a really pissed off guy when i'm only the second most common poster in this thread according to boardreader.com pisses me off ;)

that i'm seemingly the only person that applies to anymore pisses me off
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 am

Now, when you say empathy pisses you off, do you mean understanding how people around you feel in certain situations, or literally feeling what they feel? With me, most of the time, I can understand how certain people feel, and their reasons for feeling that way, but I don't feel it too. Like if someone is really angry about something that doesn't really affect me, I understand why they are angry, but I don't feel it. But, with certain people, who I am really close to, I can feel it when they are sad. Even when they don't really want to talk about what is wrong. And, when I am at a concert, I can feel the energy of the people around me if everyone is really excited and hyper..And, let me tell you, that feels awesome.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:19 am

Unassumption wrote:Empathy pisses me off. That's to say, feeling emotions other people around you express. When an overly stressed crazy person screams and shouts all day and night, it makes me mad even when i have nothing to be mad about!

That's not empathy, not even sympathy, it's just emotional contagion, a normal reaction to an obnoxious person. Sympathy is knowing where your friend is coming from when he has a lament and offering a shoulder to cry on or an ear to let him pour out all his frustrations. Empathy is feeling what someone else is feeling - it's a mirror effect - which comes in handy is psychology.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:15 am

when I am at a concert, I can feel the energy of the people around me if everyone is really excited and hyper..And, let me tell you, that feels awesome.

I guess I was overlooking the benefits, because the costs were effecting me mostly. Empathy has it's good sides. I meant feeling what other's feel which will is right, is contageon (according to wiki at least). I'm sure knowing what others are feeling is a pre-requisite for contageon but it's useful. It seems over-rated at least. Sometimes I wish I was deaf so I didn't have to put up with noises that piss me off, I guess it's that stupid short term idea to wish i didn't have empathy.

Really angry people shouting constantly in an angry voice gets me angry. Not sure if that's emotional contageon or just getting angry at my ears bleeding XD

People who do disrespectable things in the name of a respectable thing, tainting it. Using words to make something 'good' - labelling something 'intelligence' for example. Emotional "intelligence" in particular.

Trying to be quantitative with qualitative things.
People who 'sweat the small stuff'

People judging something when it's young, before it has a chance to grow; young things not recognizing that they haven't had a chance to grow yet and feeling prematurely mature.

The UK making highschool tests things kids can't re-take. The attitude that tests are there to stratify people by merit, instead of to find out if someone has learned something yet so we can teach that to them to help them catch up - if kids have 1 chance then that's it, we fail them. The schools who are paid to serve them fail them - when public servants like schools forget their purpose.

Trying to find new information in textbooks when you know the 'basic stuff,' which keeps being repeated in different books on the same topic or even different chapters in the same book.

The things in this image from facebook. The way people act like plane security is the end of the world - it's stupid but not that big a deal. Someone commented the following on that image.
Rules are rules....you don't like it don't fly...its not your right to get on a plane its a privilege.

The idea that "rules are rules" pisses me off. Rules are human inventions we can change. A stupid rule should be complained about so it can be changed. If you PAY a company for something (even if you don't!) you should complain so they will realize customers (or potential customers - more likely to change their mind!) are being put off by stupid, stupid rules. Government might listen too if they are enforcing the rules and want people flying. Applies to any company and LAWS too. When people say people who break unjust laws, like pot smokers, should go to jail because "laws are laws," or worse act like the punishment of a law is a set thing. Treating human inventions like laws of nature piss me off basically.

Treating laws of nature like human inventions, like things we can change because we don't like them (Weather evolution or thermodynamics or even supply/demand) piss me off too.

People who insist some instituional problem is the result of a human beng and their moral faliures OR who say something that's caused by a human being is caused by an institution, both misatributed blames piss me off.

William Lane Craig pisses me off.

Movies and TV seasons being split in 2. Seeing things I don't like spread and prosper. Bad trends continuing or worsening - worse, how even if unrealisticly good changes happen, some trends like climate change will still be bad due to what we've already done. People who refuse to try changing for the better, because they're fatalistic. How the consequences of what we've done can become unchangable.

When a statistic is put forth and a meaning implied, that the statistic (if you think twice) does nothing to support.

People who use riskier tactics than they need to push ideas i agree with. The link uses absolute number of homicides against women, as evidence for a Republican 'war on women' - when I agree with the conclusion as in this case, it's even worse to see misleading stats! A figure given without anything to compare it to is almost meaningless; approxemately 80% of murder victims, 60% of assault and 70% of robbery victims in the US are male, does that show a 'war on men' no it shows there is crime. The emphasis on violence against certain groups when violence effects us all - especially if violence effects other groups dispropoirtionately more than it effects the one we focus on! Not that some forms of violence (domestic and sexual) don't mostly effect women (though saying those only effect women pisses me off too). The FBI and other sources defining rape as against women and calling rape of men 'sexual assault' is strange, but when people use the nonexistent rape stat defined into existence as evidence of anything it pisses me off. People who refuse to support acts that stop violence against women, because they don't like male victims being ignored piss me off - we need to help all victims!
Divisive politics on issues that should unite us like poverty prevention. If one group is more likely to be the victim than another, it's good to investigate that but when it's done in ways that divide people it pisses me off.

This kid's parents kicked him out for saying 'f*ck' too much. People who hurt other people for something harmless, like saying "f*ck" piss me off. Bad parents piss me.

People who deamonize anyone, including criminals.People who are partly to blame for someone else doing bad things (by cutting mental health for example) but insist it's all the other person's fault - especially when it leads to policies that let more crime happen just so they don't feel guilty.

People who refuse to take risks when needed or use 'low' tactics that would work do too.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Crazy religious people. Or just the people who talk of how so-and-so needs to find god and god will guide and all this other crap. They so badly want to change/covert people into Christianity it drives me NUTS. Let it go. If someone is happy with what they do and don't believe in you don't need to step in with your 'words of wisdom'. I'm sorry but it makes you sound crazy. People like that make my skin crawl and make me want to scream.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Hot Topics”