Habits / Obsessions

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

captain_mystery

Postby captain_mystery » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:30 am

I always fidgit with my hair too...

I also cant get enough mint
"I make little distinction between those who commit evil and those who stand by and do nothing."

-"White Wolf," David Gemmell
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:33 am

Killahertz9 wrote:
coffeeguy9 wrote:And to think us mods delete as many as we can, and were still over run.

You know, there is a way to fix that, like actually live up to the Rules of the BBS and ban those who aren't 18 and over. I mean, doesn't anybody else think it's hypocritical to enforce one rule only to ignore another? Isn't that called Propaganda? I know you're not personally responsible for that decision nor do you have any weight to make such a ruling, so don't take what I say personal.

But you can't tell me it doesn't make any sense, especially since we've seen a decline in quality posts over the last two years. I've tried to turn many posters onto this board, only for them to say that this place is way to McDonalds for their taste.

Ditto !

And the advertising on this site doesn't help either , it's deffo aimed for the young teenagers .

very well put Killa :wink:
coffeeguy9
Board Moderator

Postby coffeeguy9 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:46 am

Topic moved to hot topics?!
Read the Rules and use common sense, please.
Kennyisthehottest

Postby Kennyisthehottest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:00 am

KennyKennyKennyKennyKennyKennyKennyKenny
I love Kenny :unhoodedkenny:
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:23 am

I have huge habit of being sarcastic.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:53 pm

i have really bad habit of when i get depressed i cut myself i also hate a bad habit of being a smartass and bouncing off the walls and im always chewing something i go through a ton of gum
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
coffeeguy9
Board Moderator

Postby coffeeguy9 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:57 pm

[quote="suzukichic":03748]i have really bad habit of when i get depressed i cut myself i also hate a bad habit of being a smartass and bouncing off the walls and im always chewing something i go through a ton of gum[/quote:03748]

I've always wondered, why do people cut them selves? I always get the same answer, something like "Because it makes me FEEL!"... But I ask what they mean and they sorta trail off into meaningless depressing thoughts.
Read the Rules and use common sense, please.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:59 pm

coffeeguy9 wrote:
suzukichic wrote:i have really bad habit of when i get depressed i cut myself i also hate a bad habit of being a smartass and bouncing off the walls and im always chewing something i go through a ton of gum

I've always wondered, why do people cut them selves? I always get the same answer, something like "Because it makes me FEEL!"... But I ask what they mean and they sorta trail off into meaningless depressing thoughts.

well i do it when i get depressed and it gets ride of my pain through a different way so then i dont hurt any1 else thats y i cut myself
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:09 am

I have a habit of looking down on people who cut themselves.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
crayola4chewbacca

Postby crayola4chewbacca » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:37 am

I have a couple day old habit of biting my nails.
Pro Recnahs BAN

C4C is my abbrieviated name.

If you're reading this, C4C has posted.

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:40 am

coffeeguy9 wrote:
suzukichic wrote:i have really bad habit of when i get depressed i cut myself i also hate a bad habit of being a smartass and bouncing off the walls and im always chewing something i go through a ton of gum

Cutting the skin, biting your nails until they bleed, over eating, starving, lighting up, drinking excessively, whoring, even surrounding yourself with abusive people (there are many ways to "make yourself feel") These are only a few ways that people temporarily fix their problem(s).

The simplest answer is that the person torturing their self believes they are fixing their pain. You can take 10 people that experienced one incident and each of them will manifest their own way to deal with it, some more extreme than others and some don’t even recognize they are hurting their self.

Oh! a side note, you cant help them until they really want help.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:01 am

Misty_Park_3R wrote:The simplest answer is that the person torturing their self believes they are fixing their pain. You can take 10 people that experienced one incident and each of them will manifest their own way to deal with it, some more extreme than others and some don’t even recognize they are hurting their self.

Oh! a side note, you cant help them until they really want help.

Hmm, I've been a pretty bad nail biter. I've forgotten any pain I was trying to fix though.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kyle_vs_cartman

Postby kyle_vs_cartman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:40 am

I guess that the reason that people usually do things that might seem harmfull to themselfes when they have a depression is that maybe it can make them forget..........u know the pain mixed up with the saddnes and sorrow...it's not a good feling,but at least it releaves u in some way......I guess u try a lot of things to cure urself,I had a pretty bad depression a month ago,and i wanted to kill myself,but i just couldn't...........I got thru it and i'm good now......I understod that anyways life is full of sh*t,so I better get used to it......... :?
"Open doors so I walk inside/close my eyes,find my place to hide/and the shake as I take it/let the show begin /open my eyes/just to hold them closed once again"
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:20 pm

coffeeguy9 wrote:

Its so sad that people have to cut themslves to make them feel something .........
this is what i do if i'm feeling stressy it really works for me :) i lie on my bed , close my eyes and allow my breathing to become deeper until im inhaling/exhaling slowly and rhymically .
breathing properly is important for everyones well being, its makes your body and mind soften so theres no negative thoughts . Even visualising something 'say your happy place '' will make thoughts of cutting /negative thoughts go away 8)

i dont know anyone who has self harmed but i do have a friend who has been depressed for years .
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:57 am

missycartman wrote:
coffeeguy9 wrote:

Its so sad that people have to cut themslves to make them feel something .........
this is what i do if i'm feeling stressy it really works for me :) i lie on my bed , close my eyes and allow my breathing to become deeper until im inhaling/exhaling slowly and rhymically .
breathing properly is important for everyones well being, its makes your body and mind soften so theres no negative thoughts . Even visualising something 'say your happy place '' will make thoughts of cutting /negative thoughts go away 8)

i dont know anyone who has self harmed but i do have a friend who has been depressed for years .

not me i cant do that i stress out and just wanna throw sh*t around but ive gotten over that sh*t i am truely better know i havent done that since like april of this year i hate doing it plus i hav that urge to see blood imn like wow so yeah but im done with that stuff

Return to “Hot Topics”