NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:In general, I've never seen so much parity in the MLB. A LOT of teams have a legit shot at one of the wild card spots as we near the trade deadline. Is it a coincidence that the Yankees are mediocre this year? Not hogging all the talent.

I think that's more due to A-Rod taking his suspension this year. Smartest choice he's made since leaving Seattle.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:15 pm

So uh, kind of an eventful start to this NFL season. Just when you think they've started to move on from the Ray Rice thing, along comes Adrian Peterson.

Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

I know this is not a real concern, but I can't help but laugh at the thought of some guy yelling at his TV about his fantasy football team taking it in the shorts because he had the best running back in the league and now he's gone.

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 am

Big day tomorrow!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Are your sports pants going crazy? Well, are they?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:00 am

I have no proof of this but before the game I said the final score would be 28 to 24 Patriots winning. I guessed it right. Only my dad and uncle know I guessed the correct final score. The game was close and interesting. Why did the Sea Hawks throw the ball when they easily could have ran it in? I thought it was over around that point. What a crazy game! Now for Brady to win one more Super Bowl and be the best QB ever!
What seems to be the officer problem?
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:38 am

JamesPup wrote:Why did the Sea Hawks throw the ball when they easily could have ran it in?
I wondered that, too, as did all of the area. I mean, come on, they had Lynch, they had Turbin for backup, hell, even the QB is a great scrambler. Whoever decided he should have thrown it...that guy needs to be thrown under a damn bus!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Because Marshawn Lynch got stuffed on short yardage like four times during the game. The Seahawks tried to catch the Pats off guard with a quick throw, but a bad decision by Wilson cost them the game. Should've thrown it away; it wasn't 4th down or anything.

JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:25 am

I just finished my NCAA Men's Basketball brackets and I have Duke to win it against Kentucky with a final score of 83 to 80. What team do others think will win?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:19 am

I've got a major horse in the race this time. It's Wisconsin's best chance to win it all since before rock n' roll. I mean, sh*t, a number 1 seed? How dare the NCAA get my hopes up like that!

Frickin' Kentucky though...
How does a team with the national title, then lose like all their starters to the pros, and then get a new batch of kids in and win it again? I can almost guarantee there's some shady recruiting going on there. They're going to end up forfeiting something in a few years. Just you watch. I've seen this movie before.

And by "movie", I mean "ESPN documentary film".

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Great game last night. Wisconsin is in the finals!

Nice to see KU fans are sore losers. Oh what's the matter? Did someone break up your unbeaten season? Entitled pricks. Lexington had to call in the riot police. :lol:

And now their stars will all go to the NBA this fall. :twisted:

Duke is one of only three teams to beat the Badgers this season. Bit of a score to settle, it would seem.
We will gladly accept all bandwagon jumpers who dislike the Blue Devils because they've been contenders year in and year out for like two decades.
Let's go Red!

JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:32 am

Duke won, I picked the winning team!!! My ESPN points ended up at 1350 and my percentage was 97.3 not too bad. I thought Kentucky would have done better then they did. The final game went back and forth a lot and was a real close game. Two people ended up with 1830 points, I wonder which one of them will win the Maui trip and $20,000 Best Buy gift card? I think it will come down to their predicted final scores for the final game.

Now for the Women's NCAA game. I'm from Connecticut so I hope UConn wins.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 am

OMG a 12 year old boy was one of the ones that tied in first place for the men's NCAA tournament bracket contest and ESPN will not give him a chance to get the 1st place prize because it says you have to be 18 to get the prize. How was he able to submit the bracket then? Did he lie about his age or what? Here is a link about it. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/ ... ar-AAaz1UK
ESPN is going to give him a 'goody bag' or some type of bullsh*t. It is like impossible to win this thing and I feel for this kid. I hope someone will give this kid something real for his win. I'd donate $30 to him if there was a site for it. ESPN are dicks!
Sounds like the making of a nice South Park episode about ESPN ripping off one of the boys or maybe all of them did the picks on one bracket that won or got a perfect score.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 pm

So what about what is happening to the Patriots? 4 games without Brady and $1 million dollar fine and lose of draft picks. Sounds pretty damn harsh. I have a feeling that if the 4 games without Brady happens that the Patriots will lose all 4 games. That will suck dry balls. I don't think that Deflategate is that big of a deal.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu May 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Naturally, Brady & the Pats have appealed this decision and I'd be shocked if they'd didn't come away with a lower 'sentence'.

Those of us who are not Patriots fans really do want to see something bad happen to them. If for no other reason than New England has been coasting on a weak division for a decade and a half. If Baltimore was in AFC East instead of Miami (like it should be, geographically), they wouldn't have had such an easy go of it all these years. Half as many division titles and far fewer Super Bowl appearances, I'm betting.

(Miami should be in the South, Indianapolis should be in the North and Baltimore should be in the East. That makes way more sense to me.)

As much as I hate the Patriots, pretty boy Brady and that assface Belichek, this whole deflate-gate thing has been utterly ridiculous. I thought only players were the ones getting brain damage because of football, but the amount of effort that has gone into this investigation makes the entire league look stupid.

I've got an idea: the punishment should be dropped if Tom Brady will take a swift kick to the nuts on live television from a Jets fan.
No cup, of course. That would be cheating...
:lol:

JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri May 15, 2015 1:37 am

I've heard of the appeal but I'm hearing it could take like 8 months to be done with. So will Brady be allowed to play the beginning games or will this f*ck up the playoffs? Losing Brady is too much and will cost the Patriots getting into the playoffs. Brady needs to be the best quarterback of all time my getting 5 super bowl wins. Long Live The Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Hot Topics”