NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPolo

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:10 am

Patrick Mahomes had been playing hurt from what my father had seen. I forget what game but Mahomes got his leg stepped on and all other kinds of sh*t happened. It was a matter of time. He has been weak on his feet as what I had been hearing. No clue if he will be better or get reinjured before the Patriots play the Chiefs. Makes it seem like the Patriots will have a perfect season. Still they have their own injuries rate now with 3 wide receivers and a running back hurt. One thing the Patriots should make sure to do besides win these easy games is stay healthy.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:36 am

Tennessee Titans had an amazing game today and upset favorite Baltimore Ravens. No one had this happening. I hope now for the Titans vs 49ers for the Super Bowl. My cousin Darby likes the Titans and my cousin Lana likes the 49ers. If one of them wins the Super Bowl I'll have to buy the one that wins a football jersey.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Houston Astros manager AJ Hinch and general manager Jeff Luhnow just got suspended for one year for stealing signals and illegally using play review machines and illegal use of electronics or something like that. Looks like Boston Red Sox manage Alex Cora will also be gone for a year. This will shake things up pretty well. Both teams may under perform this season because of the suspensions. Losing your manager is big news. Cora had a bad year in 2019 and people already wanted him gone. I don't think Cora will ever come back, he may be done with baseball forever. I hope the Red Sox still can have a good season in 2020 and can make the playoffs. There have been a loss of 1st and 2nd draft picks of the Astros, I hope the Red Sox don't lose anything. So far there is one team looking for a new manager and now probably the Red Sox will need a new manager. Time is running out. I wonder who will get the job as manager for the Astros and Red Sox?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:09 am

Surprised James hasn't mentioned his main man's relocation to sunny Florida yet. Ol' Tommy probably got jealous of all the boss' stories about the great rub n' tugs they have down there.
:lol:

Based on history, I can predict that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play in and lose the NFC championship game either this season or next season. Because that seems to be what happens when future hall of fame QB's relocate at the end of their careers.

Joe Montana did it.
Brett Favre did it.
Kurt Warner did it. (or was that a super bowl?)
Peyton somehow bucked the trend.
There's at least one more I can't remember right now.

But of course, all of that is contingent on there being sports again someday.
Jesus, if it wasn't for the Tom Brady thing, what the hell would ESPN do?

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:47 pm

I don't know the full story of why and how Tom Brady left the New England Patriots for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but it has happened. I think initially Brady was offered a one year deal for less then he made last season and after that he decided to walk away. Robert Kraft offered Brady anything he wanted later but he was already not to return. Edelman and other Patriots players now want to leave to join to Buccaneers. I think the Patriots will not make the playoffs. No word who will be the QB this coming season, if there even is one. Its real depressing. First Mookie Betts is traded now Brady is allowed to walk away. People in Boston are sabotaging their sports franchises.

Well the Patriots need 1 above average QB, 1 above average wide receiver and 1 excellent wide receiver, 1 excellent running back, 1 excellent tight end, 1 above average placekicker. There may be other players they need but this is what I have noticed the team is lacking. Patriot defense was tops last season so if they can keep what they had and add a little that should do that. The team really was lacking in competent wide receivers, Edelman carried the team. They had some of the worst tight ends, and placekicking was some of the worst the first half the season, not sure if the current one is still going to be with the team. Also placekicker Gostkowski may return and be good. Running backs were some of the worst as I remember it. The Patriots the last several seasons with Tom Brady, as I remember it, have been a passing team with low quality rushing. Not sure what the team will look like in the future. I would think acquire a QB first then build around him with what you need.

Return to “Hot Topics”