NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:24 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Since the Steelers won, I'm predicting Jerome Bettis will retire. Had the Seahawks won, especially in a close game, I'd have bet he would return for another year. But now that he's got a Super Bowl Ring, he's gonna retire.
Thoughts?

He basically said he was in the post-game party.

So, the countdown begins for Super Bowl XLI in Glendale, Arizona, where Tampa Bay will be. :D
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 am

UCONN2k5 wrote:So, the countdown begins for Super Bowl XLI in Glendale, Arizona, where Tampa Bay will be. :D

I just pissed myself, I laughed so hard.

The Buccaneers are just like the Marlins. Every few years, thier owners will throw together enough money to buy thier city the talent to win a championship for one year, then sell off everybody good and become just another sh*tty team the next year.

You read it! You can't unread it!
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:01 am

triplemultiplex wrote:The Buccaneers are just like the Marlins. Every few years, thier owners will throw together enough money to buy thier city the talent to win a championship for one year, then sell off everybody good and become just another sh*tty team the next year.

No, you are incorrect, sir.

The Buccaneers haven't sold off all their good players. Sapp and Lynch left through free agency, MeShawn needed to be removed, they drafted Cadaliac, Michael Clayton, got Joey Galloway. And yet, they've still kept Derrick Brooks, Simeon Rice, Ronde Barber, Monte Kiffen (best D-Coordinator in the NFL) and other good players you've never heard of. They are a young team that is getting better. Oh, and Gruden is on the brink of becoming a genius...

So, no we aren't like the Marlins.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:12 pm

Actually, SB XLI is supposed to be in Miami. Glendale will get XLII. Then Tampa. Then back to Miami.

This correction made possible by the official Super Bowl XL program.

I was severely disappointed with how the game turned out. I know it's rather cliche to point out bad calls officials make during a game, but out of the many crap calls I saw, I could only see the "push-off" that led to the offensive interference that Darrell Jackson got called for, and even there, I had to scratch my head and wonder if I saw it right.

I would have enjoyed it a little more had they not been as biased as the majority of the fans.

Sorry if this sounds a little b*tchy, but I had to get it out somehow.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:48 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Since the Steelers won, I'm predicting Jerome Bettis will retire. Had the Seahawks won, especially in a close game, I'd have bet he would return for another year. But now that he's got a Super Bowl Ring, he's gonna retire.
Thoughts?

Considering he announced it on the field, I'd say yes.

How about Holgram not shaking Cower's hand at the end of the game?
Setting the standard since 1852
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:06 pm

UCONN2k5 wrote: Monte Kiffen (best D-Coordinator in the NFL)

You are wrong, Greg Williams for the Redskins is.

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:How about Holgram not shaking Cower's hand at the end of the game?

I just watched PTI and they were saying he didn't do it on purpose, because there is way too many people on the field. Good job Steelers, I didn't see the 'hawks winning this one.
I'm calling it now,
Redskins vs. Colts Super Bowl XLI
Member# 325291
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:31 pm

Greg isn't better since he's got how many rings???

Exactly.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:23 am

[quote="UCONN2k5":18e47]Greg isn't better since he's got how many rings???

Exactly.[/quote:18e47]

Willie Parker-1 ring
Barry Sanders-0 rings

Would you say Parker is better than Sanders?

Exactly.
monkey333

Postby monkey333 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:38 am

Spring training's right around the corner, getting pumped for the 06 season....

Any predictions?
I like my women like I like my beef, gound up and in the freezer.....
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:44 am

Patriots will go all the way next season, I think Tom Brady can lead the Pats to another superbowl win all over again.
Image Image
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:49 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:I was severely disappointed with how the game turned out. I know it's rather cliche to point out bad calls officials make during a game, but out of the many crap calls I saw, I could only see the "push-off" that led to the offensive interference that Darrell Jackson got called for, and even there, I had to scratch my head and wonder if I saw it right.

I would have enjoyed it a little more had they not been as biased as the majority of the fans.

Sorry if this sounds a little b*tchy, but I had to get it out somehow.

I actually agree with you to some extent. When Ben Roethlisberger attempted to get a touchdown and the refs said it counted, I remained unconvinced that the ball really had touched the white line.

Yes, I know that sounds weird coming from a Pittsburgher who wanted so desparately to see the Steelers win, but that's how I feel. (When I told my family this, I was told to move to Seattle :P).

Oh, and also, I at first didn't understand why that Seattle touchdown didn't count, until I was told you aren't allowed to push off another player in order to gain speed or whatever. And, after reviewing the play, the Seattle guy did make it pretty obvious that that was what he was doing...

And one last thing - I knew the fans would be biased if a majority of them were Steelers fans, which they were. My city's crazily obsessed with football, and because Detroit is only 5 hours away, I knew so many people who were fortunate enough to attend the game. Besides, I later heard that some Seattle fans were delayed in attending the game because of the bad weather.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:25 am

kaileykorn wrote:I actually agree with you to some extent. When Ben Roethlisberger attempted to get a touchdown and the refs said it counted, I remained unconvinced that the ball really had touched the white line.

The goal line extends up so the ball doesn't have to touch the white line to be a TD, it just has to cross it, which it did.

Spring training's right around the corner, getting pumped for the 06 season....

Any predictions?

Patriots will go all the way next season, I think Tom Brady can lead the Pats to another superbowl win all over again.

I think monkey is talking about baseball there. I just don't won't Bonds to break the record, but I doubt it will happen anyway.
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:35 am

Bonds dissapoints me really lets hope he doesnt break the record. I'am a big Yankees fan, sadly they didnt make it last year but I think they can pull through.
Image Image
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:33 am

Now that I've had the time to think it over, at least Seattle can rely on the Sonics (NBA) for comic relief. They disgraced themselves against the Charlotte Bobcats tonight, for example.

Oh, and thank you, Kailey. It's nice to read all that from a Steeler fan. (shakes hands with KK)
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 pm

f*ck YOU.

Bobcats. Watch out. Maybe not this year, or next year. But watch the hell out...

Return to “Hot Topics”