NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:16 pm

And what a comeback the Bears had last night!! Beating the Cards 24-23! Two defensive TDs, another on a punt return, and AZ's Rackers missing a 40-yard FG to clinch! I couldn't believe it!

As for Koren Robinson, let me just say that I had the misfortune to see him as a Seahawk, and I don't think he ever had a great moment. His consistently dropping the ball was irritating enough, but it was when he first got arrested in the Seattle area that coach Holmgren, or someone in management, finally got fed up.

What's more, I had to show my girlfriend how to drop him from her fantasy football roster.

I like Green Bay, too, but maybe they should consider a football made to look like a 40-ouncer. Ever see Koren drop a beer?

:lol:
kevpfl

Postby kevpfl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:24 am

yea man, that alchy has got a hold of him, lord knows. But at NC State, god damn he was good. Wow if the bears can win a game in which rex has his worst game, ever, and the offense is a complete slopfest, and the d doesnt start playin until the second half, its destiny. I know, im way to optimistic. Also, everyone be ready, october 31st bulls/heat first game of the season. Everyone watch and root for the bulls. f*ck big ben, i love ben gordon.
kevpfl

Postby kevpfl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:30 am

dude, 2002, koren was amazing, im not sayin hes good now, because hes drunk....always, but he was damn good
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 am

kevpfl wrote:yea man, that alchy has got a hold of him, lord knows. But at NC State, god damn he was good.

College and pro, 2 different things, look at players like Eric Crouch, Kris Wenkie, and Danny Warfuell(no idea how to spell his name)
Setting the standard since 1852
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:52 am

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:College and pro, 2 different things, look at players like Eric Crouch, Kris Wenkie, and Danny Warfuell(no idea how to spell his name)

Eric Crouch
Chris Weinke
Danny Wuerffel (I think...)

Well, Koren now has some time to do whatever the f**k he wants, since Green Bay has given him his year's suspension. Problem solved...for now.

On a different note, there will be a Game 7 in the NLCS. Mets won Game 6, 4-2. Who do you think will come out on top tomorrow? I'm hoping it's St. Louis; so far, I'm half-right in my World Series picking!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:30 pm

mavs are down 3-1, lol
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:47 pm

The browns just drafted Brady Quinn in the NFL draft a few days ago. Maybe with a good quarterback, we'll actually have a winning season this year (phhmpt, Yeah right).
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed May 02, 2007 4:43 am

Being from the Cleveland area, I'm kinda partial to the Browns, so I was keeping an ear out for whether or not they landed Quinn, and was glad they got that trade deal with Dallas to do so.

Y'never know, swellman7; with that new tackle they got earlier in the first round, this might just be a big step in the right direction.

And congrats to the Cavaliers, sweeping the Wizards yesterday in b-ball yesterday!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:12 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Y'never know, swellman7; with that new tackle they got earlier in the first round, this might just be a big step in the right direction.

We can only hope.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Wed May 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Joe Thomas is gonna be a good tackle. And I was hoping my Ravens were gonna trade up to get him, but they didn't. I was watching the draft, and I was in shock once he started to freefall the way he did. The Browns had a good draft this year, but the trade is definitely gonna benefit Dallas next year since they got Cleveland's first pick next year. Both players will start immediately, but it takes a little while for a new QB to have too much of an impact, but there are exceptions (i.e. Vince Young this year).

I'm happy my Ravens picked up Ben Grubbs at guard. We need some help there for the future. It looked like Joe Staley was gonna fall to us, but then San Fran came in and picked him up. That guy Yamon Figurs is like Ted Ginn except he went to a smaller school so he doesn't get as much notoriety. And I was very happy they got Troy Smith with the last pick in the 5th round! He was a 1st-2nd round pick before the championship game.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
buster108

Postby buster108 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:16 pm

NFL: Chicargo Bears.
NHL: Chicargo Blackhawks.
NBA: Chicargo Bulls.
MLS: Chicargo Fire.

Go Chicargo!!!!!!!!!!!! :D [/i][/b]
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:41 pm

buster108 wrote:Chicargo

Chicargo is fun to say.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue May 08, 2007 5:39 am

^ Yep, right up there with "Warshington" and "Utar."

Loved it when Jimmy Kimmel impersonated Karl Malone "of the Utar Jazz."

Frickin' Red Wings! I was so hoping the Sharks would tie up the series today. Next stop: the Anaheim Ducks.

They might not be "Mighty" anymore, but obviously, no one's told the players that! Go Ducks!!

As for the East match-up, Ottawa and Buffalo...I really don't know who I'd rather see win it.
swellman7

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby swellman7 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:34 am

Dammit, the Indians better win tomorrow.
triplemultiplex

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:59 am

Go Midwest teams in the division series! Especially since ESPN has such a boner for the Yankees and Red Sox.

On a sad note, former Green Bay Packers receiver Max McGee died today. He fell off his roof while cleaning his gutters. Damn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8037325c&template=with-video&confirm=true

McGee was the first player to catch a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl, a feat that has never been repeated (Futurama reference).

Those of us too young to remember McGee as a player knew him well as a commentator on the Packers Radio Network; a position he retired from when the Packers won Super Bowl 31.

So have a drink on Max McGee!

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Hot Topics”