NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Voodoo_Doll

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby Voodoo_Doll » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:03 pm

I like the Indianapolis Colts.
Last edited by Voodoo_Doll on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left
me
to
fret
to
stress
to
cry
to
choke
on
emotion
and
wilt
in
the
dark.
Voodoo_Doll

Postby Voodoo_Doll » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:05 pm

[quote="AngusMcTavish"]^ I hear Favre should be all right for the next game. That's good news, at least.

Now, to college FB: What a season it's been, huh? Not exactly good to be #1 or #2 this year, what with all the upsets that went on, capped off by Missouri and West Virginia getting slapped yesterday!

Hawaii is 12-0 now, and they're only 10th-ranked? I don't get it.

The misery is over here in Washington. The Cougars ditched coach Doba, but regardless of all the choking and whatnot the Huskies did, things are safe for coach Tyrone Willingham...or is that Won't-ingham?

Ohio State and LSU back in the top two! That's surprising, too![/quote]

Brett Favre will be playing the next game and he will be starting, his coach just didnt make him practice the week so that he could heal.
Last edited by Voodoo_Doll on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left
me
to
fret
to
stress
to
cry
to
choke
on
emotion
and
wilt
in
the
dark.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Anyone see the Ravens-Patriots game Monday night? Baltimore almost had those bitches. If it weren't for that stupid timeout... :x
Voodoo_Doll

Postby Voodoo_Doll » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Im glad the Patriots won, I like them, but I dont like how they used to cheat, but they got their act together and its all fixed now :)
Left
me
to
fret
to
stress
to
cry
to
choke
on
emotion
and
wilt
in
the
dark.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:06 am

Saw the highlights from the Steelers/Patriots game, and I have a little advice for Pitts' Anthony Smith:

The whole "guarantee" thing may have worked for Joe Namath for Super Bowl III, but there aren't many other players who could pull it off, so you may wanna keep from doing that, 'cause it will come back to bite you.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Damn, Detroit almost beat the Cowboys this week. They had the lead for the entire game, but they blew it late in the 4th quarter. Choke!!

You read it! You can't unread it!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Saw the highlights from the Steelers/Patriots game, and I have a little advice for Pitts' Anthony Smith:

The whole "guarantee" thing may have worked for Joe Namath for Super Bowl III, but there aren't many other players who could pull it off, so you may wanna keep from doing that, 'cause it will come back to bite you.

Yeah, especially against an undefeated team...

I'm a Browns fan, so even though I hate the Patriots, I hate the Steelers even more. Good to see them lose. :D
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 am

Yes, the Browns! Liking their chances of getting into the playoffs this year.

Their next challenge: Da Bills. That looks like it'll be a good one!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:39 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Yes, the Browns! Liking their chances of getting into the playoffs this year.

Their next challenge: Da Bills. That looks like it'll be a good one!

Been a while since someone could say that about a Cleveland - Buffalo game.

I like seeing the old school franchises in the hunt (except for the Bears & Vikings).

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:09 am

Well, it's been a busy week for Major League Baseball, what with the Mitchell Report blowing the lid off the whole steroid issue, revealing more than 80 names of players, past and present, who've been beefing themselves up with hormones and junk.

Now for the question in regard: When the 2008 season starts, will you be watching, or are you at the point where you couldn't give an at's rass?

I really can't decide...seriously.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:25 pm

^^^

Tickets to games next season should be like 20% less. I think that would be adequate compensation for the fans. Or maybe knock a dollar off the price of beer.

Three words, MLB: Mandatory Drug Testing.
If they can do that before April, I'm definitely still on board.

In other sports news, the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater won the NCAA division 3 title yesterday. Way to represent, Warhawks. Cheesehead power!

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 pm

^ All right! Congrats to those guys.

Watched hockey highlights last night, and I gotta shake my head at the Islanders, especially after Chris Simon pulled yet another deliberate attempt to injure. Last season, he whacked a Ranger with his stick and got a 25-game suspension that carried into the first five games of this season. Last night, against the Penguins, he takes advantage of Jarkko Ruutu, who fell to his knees at the benches, and steps on his leg with his skate!

Ruutu will be all right, but that Repeat Offender should be banned for life, I think.

It's one thing if you want to settle something, but in the world of hockey, there is only one right way and several thousand wrong ways, and I think Simon just demonstrated Wrong Way #4916.

Update: On the lighter side of things, in football, the Tampa Bay Bucs have finally returned a kickoff for a touchdown. It's the first time ever for them, and it's their 32nd season!
Voodoo_Doll

Postby Voodoo_Doll » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:59 pm

i live in Georgia, so unfortunately, I am connected to the terrible Falcons, my dad still has hope in them, but I feel they are a huge disaster, someone, anyone, be their coach and help them out of this hole they have dug themselves!!!!!
Left
me
to
fret
to
stress
to
cry
to
choke
on
emotion
and
wilt
in
the
dark.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Browns won. The AFC North is the only division left to be decided now. Man, I hope the Steelers lose.

In other (NFL) news, the Dolphins actually won! After 16 straight losses. I would like to congratulate the '76 Buccaneers for remaining the shittiest team ever!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:45 pm

swellman7 wrote:Browns won. The AFC North is the only division left to be decided now. Man, I hope the Steelers lose.

I hear ya, brother! Being from the Cleveland area myself, I would like nothing more than to see the Browns take the division.

Return to “Hot Topics”