NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 am

Oh. We lost. awl-rite.
So I was listening to The Hardline, who were out at the ballpark for game 5, and they were on the air when the opening ceremony flyover... uh... flew over. When they had passed, Corby (host) said, "Hey, what if they turned around opened fire on that thing over there?" talking about Jerryworld Stadium (Cowboys Stadium). :lol: :cartmanlaugh: :cartmanevillaugh:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:41 am

I really wasn't sure who to root for in that World Series, to be honest, but I was kind of hoping the Rangers would put up more of an offense.

Well, they'll get another chance, I'm sure.

DID YOU KNOW: With Texas having appeared in their first WS, only two MLB clubs remain, who have NEVER been to one.

Seattle Mariners and Washington Nationals.

I joked with my gf about that. Watch, when they finally get things going, they'll make their WS debuts...against each other.

:lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh, I just realized that in my last post, I left out a little info-mation. Idk if anyone heard, but Monday before last, when the Cowboys started failing hard, the fans started to chant "Let's go Ranger!" :lol:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 am

And I forgot to make mention that this past weekend was a rather suck one for all Washington state sports.

College football:
UW Huskies lost to Stanford, 41-0.
WSU Cougars lost to Arizona State, 42-0

Pro football:
The SeaPeeps lost to the Raiders, 33-3.

MLS:
Sounders FC lost to the LA Galaxy, 1-0. Only thing about that is that it's the first of a two-game playoff series, based on total score.

Total damage: Outscored 117-3. Damn.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:24 am

wooopse.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Dang, the great sports overlap is done for this year. It's that special time of year when there are games going on in every major pro sports league.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:I really wasn't sure who to root for in that World Series, to be honest, but I was kind of hoping the Rangers would put up more of an offense.

Well, they'll get another chance, I'm sure.

DID YOU KNOW: With Texas having appeared in their first WS, only two MLB clubs remain, who have NEVER been to one.

Seattle Mariners and Washington Nationals.

I joked with my gf about that. Watch, when they finally get things going, they'll make their WS debuts...against each other.

That will be the best thing ever. Of course, the Mariners will lose because of a botched call in Game Seven and my sports fandom will be viciously violated again.

Locker is out against Oregon, not that it matters. The Ducks would have won by seventy anyway.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:35 am

I am NOT looking forward to that Oregon game. At least the Cougars (WSU) kept their game against them relatively close.

Sure, they lost, but it was a 43-23 final. Which was more impressive: Holding the Ducks to 43, or scoring 23 on THEM?
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 am

Sorry for going doubly-posty on you all, but I saw this recently.

The new floor for Oregon's basketball team:
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc ... 60_320.JPG
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Sorry for going doubly-posty on you all, but I saw this recently.

The new floor for Oregon's basketball team:
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc ... 60_320.JPG

Jeez, may just be the lack of light in this room, but that floor is hard on the eyes.
Setting the standard since 1852
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:18 pm

I see what they were going for there, but it just looks like a lumberjack's acid trip to me.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I don't know how I missed posting in this thread :o

Congratulations to the National League's Team (baseball) The San Francisco Giants for winning the World Series in five games :D

The Giants moved from New York in the 1950s and have been in the World Series many times while playing in San Franciso, but this is their first actual win since moving to San Francisco so many years ago. Sure they used to win in New York, but since the move out West they finally won the World Series here.

Congratulations!

Now for the rest of us fans, there is always next year. I have a good feeling about the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Go Halos!

btw, I think it's cool that California has five Major League Baseball teams; no other State in the Union have that many teams in one State 8)

National League: San Francisco Giants, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the San Diego Padres.

American League: Oakland A's and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:18 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:btw, I think it's cool that California has five Major League Baseball teams; no other State in the Union have that many teams in one State 8)

National League: San Francisco Giants, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the San Diego Padres.

American League: Oakland A's and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

And of those teams, my gf would root for the Dodgers.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:01 pm

GGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Good job, Pack, the Vi-Queens are done. Now I can concentrate all my vitriol against the goddamn Bears.

You should've stayed retired. All of this never would have happened. The hatred, the ankle, the shoulder, the chin, the sexting, the knocked-up daughter, that goddamn shit-awful purple jersey that makes me punch things. I hope it was all worth it, you piece of sh*t. I hope it was worth it to have three more sh*tty seasons so you can alienate millions of fans like me who absolutely worshiped you. You broke our hearts and most of us will be unlikely to forgive you. Ever. Have a good 'retirement' grandpa.

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 am

Well, the SeaPeeps lost to the Saints, but all the other teams in Seattle's division lost as well, so they're STILL leading the NFC West, at 5-5.

Coach Carroll could write a book on this season:

"How to Win a Division Without Even Trying"

I'll bet it would make Oprah's list in no time flat!

Return to “Hot Topics”