NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:38 am

As we look forward to football here in our part of the world, some of us also look forward to the Fantasy Football Leagues.

I just triggered the draft for mine and got some good players in there. Tom Brady is back on my team, and Peyton Manning is in there, too, along with his fave receiver, Marvin Harrison.

(Wow, the points I'll get with every touchdown thrown to him!)

My defense doesn't look too impressive with the individual players, but Chicago's team defense might help a bit! Got that!

Couldn't land Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson, though. They went to the two teams before me in the first round.

Still, I like what I see!
southparkfan9043

Postby southparkfan9043 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:16 pm

NHL:EDMONTON OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(BEST TEAM EVER)

NFL:PITTSBURG STEELERS

CFL:EDMONTON ESKIMOS

MLB:TORONTO BLUE JAYS

NBA:PHOINEX SUNS

FLAMES SUCK,WAY TO OVERATED
life is like a box of choclates u never know wat your going to get
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:04 pm

^Have fun with this one Ice.
Setting the standard since 1852
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 am

Baseball playoffs!

First round:

American League:
A's vs. Twins
Yankees vs. Tigers

National League:
Cardinals vs. Padres
Mets vs. Dodgers

Who do you like in the World Series? I'm gonna go with Tigers and Cards.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:35 am

southparkfan9043 wrote:NFL:PITTSBURG STEELERS

Here's another example of my opinion that most Steeler fans are worthless hicks. I'm so glad they're not doing well at all. :D

I wish I could say I've been following baseball, but I can't. :( I would if the Orioles would do something to get better (I'm not a fair weather fan by any means. They just haven't done anything to get fair weather for too long), I would probably watch some. The absence of a salary cap is killing baseball. They need one if they want to become as popular as the NFL is lately.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
XxLlamaxX

Postby XxLlamaxX » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:56 pm

[quote="Rooster_Costume"][quote="southparkfan9043"]NFL:PITTSBURG STEELERS[/quote]
Here's another example of my opinion that most Steeler fans are worthless hicks. I'm so glad they're not doing well at all. :D

I wish I could say I've been following baseball, but I can't. :( I would if the Orioles would do something to get better (I'm not a fair weather fan by any means. They just haven't done anything to get fair weather for too long), I would probably watch some. The absence of a salary cap is killing baseball. They need one if they want to become as popular as the NFL is lately.[/quote]

okay, dont u ever f***in call me a worthless hick,
i will pound ur skanky behind...

and steelers are "the" best!
if i were u, i would never talk about them where i can see what u r writing..okay..and never come to PA!!! :twisted: :evil:
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:48 pm

XxLlamaxX wrote:
Rooster_Costume wrote:
southparkfan9043 wrote:NFL:PITTSBURG STEELERS

I wish I could say I've been following baseball, but I can't. :( I would if the Orioles would do something to get better (I'm not a fair weather fan by any means. They just haven't done anything to get fair weather for too long), I would probably watch some. The absence of a salary cap is killing baseball. They need one if they want to become as popular as the NFL is lately.

okay, dont you ever f***in call me a worthless hick,
i will pound ur skanky behind...

and steelers are "the" best!
if i were you, i would never talk about them where i can see what you r writing..okay..and never come to PA!!! :twisted: :evil:

I love the argument. I can see you're intelligent beyond belief. I guess people can't take a joke anymore (although I was serious about him being a worthless hick). I can see you're a worthless hick, too, but I have friends that are Steeler fans. They know I hate them for it, but that doesn't make them any less friends. I just hate the ones that have lived and grown up in Baltimore. :roll:

I guess I'll give a couple of arguments why I hate them, too.

-Bill Cowher and his f*cking face. I love it when he has that angry expression on his face. It's a joy I have when watching Shittsburgh lose. He's an arrogant coach, and it's obvious when he's facing rivals.

-Hines Ward is an overrated receiver. He mocks the other team when he scores. His posture after he makes a big play pisses me off, especially when the cameraman shows his smile. I hate that f*cking smile more than Cowher's.

-Joey Porter is NOT as great as people say he is by any means. He's not a great run-stopper, and his pass-rushing skills aren't as great as some people make them out to be. Tackles stop him pretty easily, and I wouldn't say they're as afraid of him as some people say. Another thing is he's arrogant as hell. I hate him more than anyone on that team. He did Ray Lewis' squirrel, and he mocked the crowd when he was here, only to close his f*cking mouth when the game was over because they lost. He runs his mouth the whole game, and it's clearly not good-spirited fun.

-The media's praising of them is annoying as hell. They're not nearly as good as most people think. Starting off 1-2 is what the Ravens did last year, and I see them continuing doing just as well as the Ravens did last year.

-The range of their fans is larger than any other team in the NFL. It's clear that they're all fair weather fans. The ones that live here pop up only when they're doing well. I haven't seen them that much lately. I know what they're doing: They're wearing their Ravens' gear that they wear to every game in the year besides one: the Steeler game.

BTW, your incredible knowledge of the BBCode astounds me.

EDIT: And I have been to PA before. I'll make sure I wear Ravens' gear when I go next time.
XxLlamaxX

Postby XxLlamaxX » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 pm

b**** please!!! u know nothing about them...

the ravens have their heads sticking up the a**'s way too high!!! aha, just lyk u!!

And, ify we dont f***** mock any s**ty team out there!!! which they r all pretty much s***ty!!!
because we be cool lyk dat

I'll get my GANG up on u before u know it!!!
so watch it gurl!!!
:evil:
Kids in the dark make accidents, accidents in the dark make kids!

Jess was here!!
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:24 pm

XxLlamaxX wrote:b**** please!!! you know nothing about them...

I gave you 5 reasons about why I hate them. How do I not know anything about Shittsburgh? I watch their games whenever they're NOT on at the same time as the Ravens' games.
XxLlamaxX wrote:the ravens have their heads sticking up the a**'s way too high!!! aha, just lyk you!!

LOLOOLOL UR SO FUNY!

Our heads are up our asses? If our heads were up our asses we wouldn't have gotten a good QB or any WRs. We realized that we needed an offense to be able to compete, and you know what we did? We went out and tried to build ourselves a decent offense which we have this year.
XxLlamaxX wrote:And, ify we dont f***** mock any s**ty team out there!!! which they r all pretty much s***ty!!!
because we be cool lyk dat

Yeah, I'd say 1-2 is pretty good ESPECIALLY compared to the other teams in the division.
Ravens-4-0
Bengals-3-1
Browns 1-3
You're just a little bit better than the Browns. That's pretty good.
XxLlamaxX wrote:I'll get my GANG up on you before you know it!!!
so watch it gurl!!!
:evil:

I'm scared.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm off to go find a football forum to join. Hooray me!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:59 am

No more Yankees! Tigers move on to face the A's!

Apologies to any fans of the Pinstripes, simply because I suck at talking smack.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:05 am

personally i think the steelers are better than the ravens. hines ward is a great reciever. bill cower is a smart coach. big ben isnt that great of a qb though. thier defese is spectaluar. joey porter and troy pollamalu (or however you spell his name.) casey hampton. won a bunch of straight road games last season.
the media hypes a little too much. i think theyll come back and win the division
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:29 am

fattass12 wrote:personally i think the steelers are better than the ravens.

Oh, God. Here we go. :roll:
fattass12 wrote:hines ward is a great reciever.

fattass12 wrote:big ben isnt that great of a qb though.

You answered your own question; Hines is a pretty good receiver, I will admit, but he doesn't have a good QB throwing since Ben got in that motorcyle accident, and he doesn't have anything of a second wide receiver. He had Plaxico Burress and Randle El before, then he had just Randle El. He got a bit worse, but he was still good. Now he lost Randle El, so he doesn't have a good second wide receiver behind him. His play is definitely impacted.
fattass12 wrote:bill cower is a smart coach.

Which is too f*cking bad.
fattass12 wrote:thier defese is spectaluar.

It's good, but it's definitely short of spectacular. Their D-line isn't that great, and the linebacking core definitely doesn't look as good as it used to. The Ravens' is much better than the Steelers' Our linebacking core has remained great. Bart Scott and Ray Lewis are amazing. Our secondary isn't that much worse, either. The only somewhat weak spot is Strong Safety, and Landry has done pretty well. He's done much better than Will Demps did. Our defensive line is also great. Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata do well stuffing up that middle, and Suggs and Pryce are great pass rushers. Suggs has become a better run-defender, too, so our D-Line is nothing short of great.
fattass12 wrote:joey porter

Ray Lewis and Bart Scott are better linebackers than him. Ray Lewis isn't as good at pass-rushing as he is, but Bart Scott is. All Porter has done lately is talk trash only to get shut the f*ck up in the end.
fattass12 wrote:troy pollamalu (or however you spell his name.)

Ed Reed is way better than him. He's faster, and he plays up at the line better. Ed Reed can cover just as well as any corner, and he's one of the greatest ball hawks that have ever played the game. Polamalu and Reed are the best Safeties in the NFL right now, but Reed is better because of the above.
fattass12 wrote:casey hampton.

Haloti Ngata is gonna turn out better than him. He's a great run-stopper, but I don't see Hampton as much of a pass-rusher.
fattass12 wrote:the media hypes a little too much.

No sh*t.
fattass12 wrote:i think theyll come back and win the division

I highly doubt that with Baltimore and Cincinnati out so far ahead this early.
Last edited by Rooster_Costume on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:36 am

So as a lifetime Packers fan, I'm already writing this season off as one of those "rebuilding years" (just like last year...) Despite the many lackings on the team (defensive secondary, offensive lineman, a decent second receiver) the thing that pissed me off most recently is the Packers' recent acquisition of former Vikings receiver Coran Robinson.
This is that f*cking loser that got arrested for doing 100 mph while driving drunk back in August. This guy has a history of substance abuse and being an overall douchebag and really doesn't deserve to play football professionally. But then along comes Green Bay and they're like, "Hey, your a lifetime loser; just the person we need to round out this season's team. Welcome aboard!"

On behalf of all Green Bay Packers' fans, I'd just like to say, "f*ck YOU, Coran Robinson! Get the f*ck off my team! You're a sorry excuse for a human being and a football player and your first name is incredibly stupid and impossible to spell!"

You read it! You can't unread it!
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:58 am

koren robison should not have got signed to the packers. he a drunk. it was not funny watching him speed. he could have killed someone. but the packers are desperate. they need help. AJ hawk is good but they need better corners than al harris and charles woodson. thier saftey play is terrible too. nick collins doesnt cut it. they need better O-Line men. 2 rookies on the line. also they have a rookie wide reciever, a CFL punter, and a rookie linebacker. they also made no attempts to grab any good free agents in the off season. aaron rodgers needs a chance too to show what hes got instead of some old guy who has a signature throw where it slips out of his hand and goes backwards!
kevpfl

Postby kevpfl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:08 pm

koren robinson has always been pretty damn good, but idk maybe his time is up because hes a f*cking retard, but dude, this is the bears year, #1 scoring offense, #1 scoring defense, so damn good, Rex Grossman is good, as hes always been, its just that he was injured
GO BEARS

Return to “Hot Topics”