NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

spartansam086
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby spartansam086 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:18 am

well, i'm a colts fan, as far as the nfl goes. I've recently stopped hating the patriots again. However my big sport is ncaa football. I'm a huge LSU fan. And by the way, 4 those of u who don't know, we're gonna kill ever other team on the field this year.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 pm

spartansam086 wrote:well, i'm a colts fan, as far as the nfl goes. I've recently stopped hating the patriots again. However my big sport is ncaa football. I'm a huge LSU fan. And by the way, 4 those of u who don't know, we're gonna kill ever other team on the field this year.

They lost to Kentucky. Deflate NOW!:P

Happy to see the Seahawks win, especially in a blowout 33-6.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 pm

^ My sentiments exactly about the 'Hawks.

In baseball, however, I was a bit disappointed with the Indians blowing a 3-1 series lead, but I'll be big about it.

At least it wasn't the Yankees.

Anyway, World Series starts Wednesday! Who do you prefer? Red Sox or Rockies?

Rockies look damn good. Hope they put on a show in their first WS ever!!
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6124
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm definitely pulling for the Rockies in the World Series. Because New England doesn't deserve to have world championships in two sports simultaneously, since there's a good chance the Patriots will win it all as well. Plus I hate any sports team from the east coast; or the west coast for that matter. Might as well throw Illinois in there, too.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:43 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I'm definitely pulling for the Rockies in the World Series. Because New England doesn't deserve to have world championships in two sports simultaneously, since there's a good chance the Patriots will win it all as well. Plus I hate any sports team from the east coast; or the west coast for that matter. Might as well throw Illinois in there, too.


Be careful... I've casterated people for less...

Since I was born in Boston, yes, I'm a fan of the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox (who are going to the World Series!!! :mrgreen: ) However, I'm not a fan of the NBA, ever since Michael Jordan ruined it by making it so that there are not team players anymore, just lone superstar ball hogs. But I will watch college basketball.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Uh oh...it's ON now!!

Now that I think about it, who would like to hear references to the Rockies in the Series on SP? Not as a whole story, just a quick side discussion, like the Broncos, occasionally(sic?).
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:46 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Uh oh...it's ON now!!

Now that I think about it, who would like to hear references to the Rockies in the Series on SP? Not as a whole story, just a quick side discussion, like the Broncos, occasionally(sic?).


Only if they win... which, dare I say, they probably will.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
swellman7
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:27 pm

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby swellman7 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:06 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:Uh oh...it's ON now!!

Now that I think about it, who would like to hear references to the Rockies in the Series on SP? Not as a whole story, just a quick side discussion, like the Broncos, occasionally(sic?).


Only if they win... which, dare I say, they probably will.

I'll be rooting for them, now that I cannot stop myself from hating the Red Sox since they've beat Cleveland.
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 am

Man, is there any stopping the Patriots?

Saw them get the last touchdown to beat the Eagles tonight. That was some match-up!

But really, with the Pats at 11-0 right now, with five games to go, you gotta wonder if anyone can spoil their perfect season. The two possibilities, as far as I can see, are the Steelers, two weeks from press time, or the Giants in the final week.

What do you all think?
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:07 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Man, is there any stopping the Patriots?

Saw them get the last touchdown to beat the Eagles tonight. That was some match-up!

But really, with the Pats at 11-0 right now, with five games to go, you gotta wonder if anyone can spoil their perfect season. The two possibilities, as far as I can see, are the Steelers, two weeks from press time, or the Giants in the final week.

What do you all think?


Perhaps, I'd bet it depends on how good the teams are in general this season. I'd have to ask my brother, though...he's the sports fanatic of my house.

Honestly, I think the Patriots might have another go for the Super Bowl again this time around...even though they've had that spotlight more than a few times now.

:oops:

I'm so out of the loop with this kind of stuff...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:16 am

I'll bring you up to a little speed with the whole "perfect season" scenario.

In NFL history, only one team had gone perfect during the regular season and won the Super Bowl. The Miami Dolphins did that in 1972. Back then, they only played 14 games in the regular season; they changed that to 16 in '78.

Since '72, any team who goes so far in perfection is asked about to members of the legendary 'Fins. One of 'em got fed up and PO'd with it all this year.

Which makes me wonder: In '76, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went without a win all year, 0-14, and is the last to do so thus far. Are they watching this year's Dolphins to see if they finish 0-16?
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6124
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Which makes me wonder: In '76, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went without a win all year, 0-14, and is the last to do so thus far. Are they watching this year's Dolphins to see if they finish 0-16?

It would be ironic if the Dolphin's perfect season was matched by another team the same year that the Dolphins themselves finish 0-16.

Personally, I want someone to beat the Pats because:
1. They're from the East coast.
2. They've been running up the score on everyone this year; stats whores.
3. The Red Sox just won the World Series.
4. I hate Randy Moss.
5. The Patriots are a bunch of assh*les.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Farg it! The biggest NFL match-up this week is tonight, and it's on their digital network only!

I'd like to see the Packers down the Cowboys (both are currently 10-1), but alas, when it comes to cable services, we're just too damn cheap!
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6124
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:25 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Farg it! The biggest NFL match-up this week is tonight, and it's on their digital network only!

I'd like to see the Packers down the Cowboys (both are currently 10-1), but alas, when it comes to cable services, we're just too damn cheap!

Thank God I was in the "home market" for that game. (f*ck you, NFL Network; there's no reason for you to exist!)

I was astonished at how well the Packers held their own despite two turnovers that resulted in 14 enemy points plus the injury of our Hall of Fame quarterback in the second quarter.

Also, we had two key defensive players out due to injury for that game: cornerback Charles Woodson and defensive end KGB.

Mark my words, if these two teams square off again this season (like, say in the NFC championship game), the same team will NOT win again. And this was my position before Thursday's game.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:15 am

^ I hear Favre should be all right for the next game. That's good news, at least.

Now, to college FB: What a season it's been, huh? Not exactly good to be #1 or #2 this year, what with all the upsets that went on, capped off by Missouri and West Virginia getting slapped yesterday!

Hawaii is 12-0 now, and they're only 10th-ranked? I don't get it.

The misery is over here in Washington. The Cougars ditched coach Doba, but regardless of all the choking and whatnot the Huskies did, things are safe for coach Tyrone Willingham...or is that Won't-ingham?

Ohio State and LSU back in the top two! That's surprising, too!

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests