NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

monkey333

Postby monkey333 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:12 pm

stan_is_sexy8009 wrote:I think that the Braves could win it all next season because if you just look at what Andruw Jones, Brian McCann, and all of the rookies did last year, it is pretty impressive. .

Impressive? Yes, winning in the regular season with seventeen rookies is impressive but that does not mean they will succeed come playoff time

Not to forget Jeff Francoeur. He is a solid outfielder with good hitting skills. He will go far in his career. And if Andruw, McCann, Francoeur, and the pitchers can have good seasons again, we could see this team go far into the playoffs

Good hitting skills? After that one hot streak when he was first called up he cooled down significantly. I don't see how someone is a good hitter if they hack away at every pitch they get. Someone is hardly a good hitter when they have a nearly 1:5, BB:K ratio.
I like my women like I like my beef, gound up and in the freezer.....
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:06 am

buttersfann1 wrote:I love Football
Baseballs alright
not a huge fan of basketball

NFL
Denver Broncos
Jeff Garcia & Jake Plummer

Jeff Garcia is in Detroit and sucks ass, just like the team.
Member# 325291
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:07 am

He may have a 1:5 BB:K ratio, but what he does at the plate is called being agressive. He has the good hitting skills, but I think now that he has had a taste of what the Major League has to offer, he will tone it down a bit and be more patient at the plate. And the braves will win in the postseason this year because they will have Chipper Jones, as long as the foot doesn't bother him like it did last year.
I will love Stan forever and ever! He is the best!!!
Thanks to xXProSkittlesXx for the awesome sig!!
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:56 am

Tomorrows the big day people, get your predictions in now. I said 34-24, Texas, and I'm gonna stick with that, I got a feeling it might be higher though.
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:43 pm

I cant wait, its less tha n an hour away. And I say that USC wins 42-40 in OT to take a 3rd national championship. These are two very awesome teams, but USC will be able to pull it out.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:41 am

My brother thinks it'll be a low-scoring affair, I'm not so sure. But being in a Pac-10 area, I get so GD sick of the Trojans that any kind of game will do. Just as long as there's an upset.

Go Texas!!!
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:15 am

Did anyone see the stupid decision Bush made? It was a screen play, he picked up about 40 yards, but tried to lateral it at the end to one of the trailing Trojans, anyway the ball went behind the player & Texas recovered, USC was about to go up 14-0 too. I bet we'll see that on Sportcenter's not top 10.
Setting the standard since 1852
rennyloveskenny

Postby rennyloveskenny » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:44 am

Someone mentioned the Braves earlier. I'm a pretty big fan of them. Well that is because I'm from Atlanta and all. Plus, they used to be really bad until they got traded left and right and got good players. NOw they're up for sale.

In the way of college football, which I've recently gotten into, just because there's been nothing but Bowl's on TV....I like UGA...I've been a big fan of the Dawgs! The Falcons, professional team, are alright. We had one great season when we made it to the Super Bowl...then it went downhill rom there...As for the Hawks...no comment.... :roll:
Scarlett: Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

(yeah yeah I'm from the South so deal with it:D)
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:37 am

The Trojans lost!! But they shouldnt have because of two reasons:

1) Reggie Bush SHOULD NOT have lateraled the ball. That was a complete dumbass move.

2) Vince Young lateraled the ball but his knee was clearly DOWN. And that play went for a touchdown. It shouldnt have been a TD and the Trojans should have won. But the f**king referees had to be little b**ches about it and not review the play.

I bet they were thinking, 'What the hell. Lets screw USC out of a national title. They have won it two times in a row. Time to give someone else a shot'. That is BULLS*IT!!!!!! USC deserved to win. Texas got some biased refereeing and they won. BULLS*IT!! USC GOT SCREWED!! REMEMBER THAT!!
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:00 am

If youre gonna say that lets not forget about the interception texas had, that was called incomplete. The one were the guy went up and caught it, then came down and the ground caused him to lose it. Texas would have at least gotten a fieldgoal off that missed call, where his knee was down. USC ended up scoring off that missed call with the interception, and they wouldn't have if they got it right, Texas might have even scored. They missed two big plays, one for each team, get over it, it evens out.

That lateral by Bush was one of the stupidest plays I've seen in recent memory.

Great game, Vince Young is god.

JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:07 pm

:D

:D
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:53 am

For all you NFL watchers out there, which game this weekend do you think will be the most interesting?

Skins at Seahawks?
Patriots at Broncos?
Panthers at Bears?
Steelers at Colts?

And please excuse me if I don't poll. I'd like to keep all this in the same related thread, if that's okay.
monkey333

Postby monkey333 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:15 pm

stan_is_sexy8009 wrote:He may have a 1:5 BB:K ratio, but what he does at the plate is called being agressive. He has the good hitting skills, but I think now that he has had a taste of what the Major League has to offer, he will tone it down a bit and be more patient at the plate. .

Nice contradiction. You say he's aggressive(overly aggresive actually) then say he has good hitting skills? Way to go. Aggresive is good but there's a line between aggresive and just plain poor discipline(Francoeur has crossed that line). He was the same hitter in the minors so while he can tone it down there's no reason to say he will other than the fact that he is so young. He could turn into another Alfonso Soriano.

And the braves will win in the postseason this year because they will have Chipper Jones, as long as the foot doesn't bother him like it did last year

Jones is great but he won't single handedly bump them up to winning a playoff series. Offense was not a week spot on last year's team it was the back end of their bullpen that fell apart, and it has been proven that you won't go far in the playoffs without competant late inning relief.
I like my women like I like my beef, gound up and in the freezer.....
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:22 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:For all you NFL watchers out there, which game this weekend do you think will be the most interesting?

Skins at Seahawks?
Patriots at Broncos?
Panthers at Bears?
Steelers at Colts?

And please excuse me if I don't poll. I'd like to keep all this in the same related thread, if that's okay.

Broncos and Pats simply because there my 2 favourite teams. Prediction Broncons 21, Pats 17
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 pm

I would say the most interesting match up is the Broncos and the Patriots simply because we will get to see some top tier quarterbacks going against each other. My prediction is that the Broncos win in OT 21-19. I only say that because these two defenses are some of the best in the AFC. But close game nonetheless.

Return to “Hot Topics”