NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 pm

JamesPolo wrote:So, it is time for the Kentucky Derby yet again. For the big race, being the 12th race of this track, I am going to say my bet is a Superfecta as follows:

#15 McCracken Odds 5-1
#14 Classic Empire Odds 4-1
# 5 Always Dreaming Odds 5-1
# 3 Fast And Accurate Odds 50-1
I'm afraid that you would lose, as the Superfecta was: 5-1-11-14, which paid: $75,974.50
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat May 20, 2017 8:46 pm

The Preakness is today and the 13th race at Pimlico is the big one. I am going to say my superfecta bet is as follows:

1st place #6 Gunnevera at 15-1
2nd place #5 Classic Empire 3-1
3rd place #4 Always Dreaming 4-5
4th place #9 Lookin At Lee 10-1
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 am

Cloud Computing won it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:55 pm

I was at work; I couldn't go to off-track betting at Santa Anita, nor at Pomona Fairplex or at the Ventura County Fair. I've looked at on-line wagering; however, I've never done it nor do I have any on-line wager accounts anywhere.

That being said, here were yesterday's parimutuel payouts:

• #2 Cloud Computing was sent off at 13-1!

• #2 Cloud Computing — Win: $28.80, Place: $8.60, Show: $6.00

• #5 Classic Empire — Place: $4.40, Show: $4.00

• #8 Senior Investment — Show: $10.20

$2 Exacta (2-5) Paid: $98.40

50¢ Trifecta (2-5-8) Paid: $548.65

10¢ Superfecta (2-5-8-9) Paid: $816.28

$1 Pick 3 (5-2-2) Paid: $500.60

$1 Pick 4 (10-5-2-2) Paid: $2,925

$1 Pick 5 (5-10-5-2-2) Paid: $12,689.70

20¢ Pick 6 (6-5-10-5-2-2) Paid: $7,414.88

$2 Daily Double (2-2) Paid: $88
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm

There is a new bet that can pay epically that came out last year. Its called Super High Five. Here is what you would have got at the Preakness.

$1.00 SUPER HIGH FIVE 2-5-8-9-6 $283,223.40

This bet is not always available each race but I will be trying to remember to pick 5 horses if it is available for now on as the payout is so much more than a superfecta.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm

I'll be heading to the California Expo Center as I found out they have an Off Shore Betting Station there for greyhounds and thoroughbreds. My bet is not set yet but I am think of...

# 6 Lookin At Lee
# 8 Senior Investment
#2 Tapwrit

The next 3 horses I am not sure but will be picking 2 out of the 3
# 3 Gormely
#7 Irish War Cry
# 1 Twisted Tom

I plan to bet a boxed superfecta with 5 horses picked. So the bet will be a .10 cent bet and will cost $12.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:02 am

So there's a boxing fight with Manny Pacquiao Vs Jeff Horn for the Welterweight Title rate now.

I think Pacquiao still can beat this unknown guy but to be different, I will be going with The Horn to win!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:22 am

Whoa I know I was going with Horn and he won but Pacquiao really won this fight.

Horn was a cheap fighter, all about headlocks and then punching Manny in the back of the head while wringing his neck. Pacquiao landed like 182 punches and Horn landed like 90 punches. The Aussie judges threw the fight by saying Pacquiao lost by voting for a fellow Aussie. There were too many elbows and head-butts that produced cuts and lots of blood. I was happy that the fight was not called.Horn was leading the fight and was the aggressor but he still didn't land punches. Plus Pacquiao had him in the 9th and could have won that round. Horn did have lots of stamina to unleash which was impressive as he was the aggressor. I have heard there will be a rematch and so I want to see this. Pacquiao didn't seem to have much power but he had Horn going down almost in the 9th. Horn didn't seem to have much power too but I could tell Manny was out of steam after the 9th and Horn rebounded and came back as the aggressor in the rest of the fight.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 am

Big boxing fight coming up tomorrow 8/26/2017. Mayweather VS McGregor.

I know it is a weird fight to have a top UFC fighter switch sports and fight one of the greatest boxers of all time... in his sport of... boxing. Mayweather is getting old but he still has enough to play defense and not get hit and then to attack and land punches. I can't help but think of Michael Jordan playing baseball. I don't know if McGregor can do this. I know McGregor is a good fighter and is used to getting hit, probably harder than Mayweather is used to, based on the lighter gloves. I paid $40 to go and watch this fight at a movie theater that has real nice reclining seats. I can drink there too. I will be chilling out at probably Applebee's and having something like pork ribs and steak and downing some brews. I hope the main fight goes the 12 rounds. One thing with Manny Pacquiao was he didn't have it to finish a guy off anymore, neither did it seem that Mayweather had it to finish someone. That is McGregor's main chance. That he may have the stamina and endurance to KO Mayweather or hurt him a round or two, to the point where he gains major points and Mayweather loses his. I really like this idea of watching Pay Per View at the movie theater in nice assigned chairs where I can drink beer and eat junk food. One thought is if McGregor wins, what will his next move be? Will he continue to fight UFC or will be stay with boxing? He is bound to lose one day as he has come close in the past. Oh well, I just want to be entertained, here's one guy hoping for some entertainment!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:03 pm

I'd say the boxing PPV was fun overall. I know it was expensive with tickets being $40 and the cost of food and beer being a lot but it was cool. I loved the audience and the seats were so comfortable. Each fight could at max last like an hour and there was like 15 minutes between fights. That time gap left perfect opportunity to take a piss and go and grab another brew and some popcorn. The first fight with Cunningham was boring as he did very little and Tabiti controlled the fight the whole 10 rounds. Then there was Cleverly who lost to Badou. Badou got luck with his hits and started to dominate. Cleverly started getting hit with everything and so the fight had to be called with Cleverly on his feet but taking it in the head punch after punch. Cleverly lost with a TKO. Next was Davis VS Fonseca. Davis was taunting and putting his hands behind his back. It was said he had a cold and was overweight so he lost his title. Still Early on David was winning but then started to show off and Fonseca started to win rounds. But then Fonseca suffered a punch to the back of his head and got called out with a 10 count, he couldn't get to his feet. The last fight was Mayweather VS McGregor. I would say McGregor controlled the first three rounds and deserved to wins. But he threw a lot of punches and miss a lot. From the 4 to maybe the 6th both Mayweather and McGregor I'd say had the rounds somewhat split but still McGregor was throwing more punches with less accuracy. But after the 7th to the 10th McGregor would start out strong with the first 30 seconds dominating as was a strategy he used this fight. But the rest of the round he was on defense and Mayweather would recover and attack McGregor. In the 7th and 8th McGregor had at least some counter punch activity to Mayweather's attacks. But in the 10th McGregor again tried to take out Mayweather rate away and threw all he had in the first 30 seconds. After that Mayweather probably landed like 20 power punches in a minute and a half. The ref called the fight as McGregor was punch drunk on his feet and was having trouble standing as right after right landed. McGregor lost by TKO and lot like the Cleverly fight in a way. McGregor did seem fine after the fight and was fine to answer questions but so was Mayweather. McGregor's checks were a little red and damaged I'd say but otherwise looked fine. McGregor claimed he was just drained of energy and could have continued but it looked bad and the ref made the right call, it was a TKO and a call that is common when a boxer doesn't throw a punch for over a minute and is getting pummeled. Mayweather looked healthy after the fight. I don't think McGregor hurt him at all but he did get some hits in. The fight was okay but after the 8th the fight was obviously looking over. I really enjoyed going to the theater to see the fight and would recommend it. I'd love to do it again.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Today is the first day that the NFL season starts. I'm at the Yardhouse rate now and will be here until the Patriots game is over. I hope the Patriots can win. They lost Edelman in an exhibition game. Brady is pretty accomplished and is like 40. I think that this season that other teams will be out to hurt Brady. The Patriots haven't won many games this exhibition run. I think they only won one game. Still they had a lot of new players and players that are probably not going to play much in those games. Well, I hope the Patriots can at least have another great season.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am

The last Football game of the season is tomorrow. I hope the Patriots can win. Gronk was hurt but I guess he is okay. The Patriots will have most of the team available to play, which is unlike most of the season. I was shocked at how well the Eagles did though 2 weeks ago, I was sure the Vikings were going to win. The Eagles have a great team but the QB is still kind of new and untested. I'm not sure what kind of game it will be. The Patriots defense have not been that good and the team has relied on offense to be one of the best teams of the season. Still if the Patriots defense can do it, the Patriots should win. I didn't follow the Eagles this season. I'm not sure how they will play. They were having trouble winning without their starting QB but with the playoffs, they have been able to win. So I am thinking it will be a high scoring game for both teams or I'd think that the Eagles score low and the Patriots score high. I used to be kind of a fan of the Eagles still I want the Patriots to win.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 am

I have an announcement to make: Since about 2013, I've quit being a fan of Notre Dame athletics. When I found out they were moving their "Olympic" sports (read: every sport but football) to the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) when they could've found a way to save the old Big East conference, I figured out they were out for themselves and not the preservation of decades-long rivalries they've had with schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, and Stanford. Oh, and they're still independent in football. So nope, no longer a Notre Dame fan. f*ck their sh*t!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 am

I keep wondering how Betty is feeling about her team the Seattle Mariners and how they may not make the playoffs? They will have to try extra hard and win a lot to make the wild card and hope the Athletics and Yankees do bad.

The Red Sox are doing fine but could use something to happen to those Yankees.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 am

Yeah! Milwaukee gets only its second ever NL Central crown today after beating the Cubs in a one game playoff! 8) 8)
That gives us home field advantage in the playoffs (and extra rest for the bull pen).
Christian Yelich is hands-down the MVP this year. One RBI away from getting baseballs first triple crown in like 8 years or something.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Hot Topics”