NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

monkey333

Postby monkey333 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:13 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:It's hard for the Packers to win when almost all of their skill players are on IR.

I still wondering how the hell that guy at the Packers Bengals game not only got on the field, but how did he get to Brett Farve?

Do we have that bad of security in America?

Yes, and it should've been a penalty on the Bengals as well.

I'm suprised this thread hasn't lit up with: OMFG Jezus da Colts lost!, yet. Vanderjackass' miss wan't that big of a deal to me. Shouldn't have even had the opportunity, the official blew that interception call.
I like my women like I like my beef, gound up and in the freezer.....
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:07 am

Rothlisberger saved the Steelers season with that tackle on Nick Harper on the fumble return.

Man, Vanderjacht missed that by a mile.
Setting the standard since 1852
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:04 am

that steelers game was great wow just great
Image Image
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:18 am

Conference Finals: They're coming up quickly. Both games are on Sunday.

Pittsburgh will play Denver first, and that's the toughest one for me to call. Broncos have the power in Plummer, but the Steelers have been a shocker these past two games. And as far as the season went, they're pretty evenly matched.

Carolina at Seattle, that's a little different. If the Seahawks can focus on the combination of Delhomme and Steve Smith, they've got it made. The real b*tch about it is that it's on late in the afternoon and where I work/listen to the game on the radio, we close shop around halftime. And because I take the bus, I'm gonna go insane finding out what happens next!

Hope I have a walkman that gets AM radio.

Anyway, my picks: Seattle v. Pittsburgh in SB XL.

It's ON!!
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:43 am

are you kidding me? Pittsburgh has had luck on the road so far in the postseason...but their luck stops here because Denver will stop them with three things:

1) The passing game. Plummer has elevated his game so much this season. If he keeps on being the passer that was so great in the regular season, then we will see the Steelers get shut out early.

2) The running game. When you have an awesome 1-2 punch like Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell (Ron Dayne has stepped up his game too) and you fail to stop them, this game will go in Denver's favor early and stay that way.

3) The denfense. I like the front line with people like Ian Gold. He knows how to penatrate the offensive line and get to the ball carrier. He led the team with 106 tackles. The also have one of the fastest conerbacks in the league with Champ Baliey. He returned an interception 100 yds. against the Patriots. Another defensive presence on the field would have to be John Lynch. He got his seventh pro bowl nomination in his illustrious career. He also had 70 tackles (48 solo), four sacks, four forced fumbles, and two interceptions. He is an outstanding player on defense and he will be this sunday when he takes on the Steelers.

Enough said?? Broncos will win, 41-20, proving that they deserve a super bowl win.

As for the Seahawks and the Panthers: Seahawks will win in a close one 21-20.
I will love Stan forever and ever! He is the best!!!
Thanks to xXProSkittlesXx for the awesome sig!!
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:47 am

even though the broncos beat the patriots and they won because of the horrible pass interference call but i got to admit the Pats made alot of mistakes. the broncos are a very good team and can beat the steelers
Last edited by TheDude12 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:50 am

[quote="stan_is_sexy8009"]are you kidding me? Pittsburgh has had luck on the road so far in the postseason...quote]

I did say it was the toughest of the two to call...
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:11 am

Man I can't believe the Colts lost last week. Did you see the fumble at the end that was crazy. I'm a Broncos fan so I say Broncos are gonna go all the way. Prediction: Broncos 28 Steelers 17
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:11 am

stan_is_sexy8009 wrote:1) The passing game. Plummer has elevated his game so much this season. If he keeps on being the passer that was so great in the regular season, then we will see the Steelers get shut out early.

2) The running game. When you have an awesome 1-2 punch like Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell (Ron Dayne has stepped up his game too) and you fail to stop them, this game will go in Denver's favor early and stay that way.

Well the Steelers just shut down the best QB & one of the best RB in the league. The Broncos will not score 41 on the steelers, I'd be suprised if they scored 24.

EDIT:^If Harper would have cut to the outside he would have had a TD, I wish the Colts did win so this refs "cheating" controversy would be a hell of a lot bigger.
Setting the standard since 1852
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:35 am

NBA: Bobcats (mainly because of Okafor)
NHL: BRING BACK THOSE WHALERS!!!
MLB: Rojo Sox, Nats for the NL.
NFL: Buccaneers
NCAA: Guess plz sir.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:11 am

UCONN2k5 wrote:NBA: Bobcats (mainly because of Okafor)

Goddamn, I've really lost touch with the NBA. I didn't even know the Bobcats existed until this season. Last I heard, the Hornets moved to New Orleans and Charlotte was without a team.

Speaking of Charlotte, as much as I hate the Bears, I was pretty sure they were going to beat the Panthers last weekend. Thanks, Carolina. The only thing that pisses off a Packers fan more than the Bears in the Super Bowl is the Vikings in the Super Bowl, so that's one less thing for me to think about this weekend.

As for the Super Bowl, I guess I'll be pulling for the only guy still in the hunt who has a street named after him in Green Bay.
http://www.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=green+bay&btnG=Search&ll=44.496842,-88.054047&spn=0.006857,0.021629
I'm sure the Broncos will make it interesting, though.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kennydolfan

Postby kennydolfan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:18 am

TheDude12 wrote:even though the broncos beat the patriots and they won because of the horrible pass interference call but i got to admit the Pats made alot of mistakes. the broncos is a very good team and can beat the steelers
[dont mean 2 be mean] but u mean "are" not "is".......right?
Macs rule.PCs suck.Bill Gates is a retard.And the PC guy in the commies is stupidImageImage
stan_is_sexy8009

Postby stan_is_sexy8009 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:24 am

I hope he means "are" and not "is"....for his sake.
I will love Stan forever and ever! He is the best!!!
Thanks to xXProSkittlesXx for the awesome sig!!
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:36 am

alright its fixed sorry about that
Image Image
jewbetcha

Postby jewbetcha » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:27 pm

NFL Football: The Friggin' Broncos
College FB: The Bruins
Basketball: The Nuggets
Baseball: The Cubbies
Hockey: Maple Leafs
Baseketball: The Beers, of course. :cartmanhappy: