What are you reading (other than this board) ?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:49 pm

first i thought this thread was if you were reading something right NOW but from what i can tell its suppose to be what book are you reading, thats it not other than this board but whatever.

anyway im reading Brothers And Arms by the Bluford series., very good book! i recommend it!, and i guarabtee your not gonna get bored! (well maybe :oops: ) nah just kidding! :lol:
Cartmans Bitch

Postby Cartmans Bitch » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 pm

Hmmmm......I finished reading Chobits, its really good. :)
SOUTH PARK RUUULES!!! Lol YEAH BABY!!!

Image Vice President of the Cartman Army!!!
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:56 pm

I'm currently reading 'Great Expectations', by Charles Dickens (yes, the Pip story). :)
I *Heart* You.
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:57 pm

I'm currently reading the book on True Crime: New York City. (The little booklet that comes with the game).
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:23 pm

Just finished Dune: Butlerian Jihad. The Dune books are fantastic. I also decided to re-read War and Peace, though I may just as well stab myself in the eye.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:16 am

An Inu Yasha fanfic. It's pretty f*cked up but funny at the same time. :P
buttersis#1

Postby buttersis#1 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:19 am

the book -=contact=- !
Does the Spork Bend Or is the spork bending you?
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:13 am

I'm not saying people have to read books... just interested.

Michael Moore respects the troops as much as his media agenda lets him... but I don't like the way he edits stuff sometimes. There again that's what gets him an audience.

I'm not American... I can't comment in a truly informed way on US politics, but we have a lot of political satire here in Britain and it's useful to get both sides. There's a magazine called Private Eye that's been going for probably about 50 years that keeps on getting sued for exposing stuff our govt does, and they seem to blend satire with freedom of the press pretty well. I also belive that Moore belives in what he's doing, but sometimes it's too much, unbalanced. And people in power won't talk to him anymore because they know he's going to edit it in a biased way. There again there's bias in the rest of the media too.

John Edwards... hmmm... don't like the guy myself, but I used to have a flatmate who'd watch his show 3 times a day and not even notice that it was the exact same show. (Really: and it drove me nuts) I've got mates who strongly belive in Spiritualism, my mum belives in it, I'm on the fence.
CONFORMISTS!
Bat girl

Postby Bat girl » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:23 am

KyleBenoit wrote:An Inu Yasha fanfic. It's pretty f*cked up but funny at the same time. :P

OH my god dude!!!!!! I love Inu Yasha!!! Its my favorite anime next to Fullmetal alcheimst!!! Are u a big anime fan?
ImageImageImage
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:35 am

^ Hell ya! Anime kicks ass!!

To stay on topic, I am now reading a Naruto fanfic....what? I love my fanfiction.
SugarDaddyStan

Postby SugarDaddyStan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:20 am

I'm reading 'Drugs, Sex, and Cocoa Puffs' by Chuck Klosterman. I just finished reading his other book 'Killing Youself to Live' not too long ago. He's a favorite author of mine.
Kenny_the_Plumber

Postby Kenny_the_Plumber » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:04 am

reading is gay :lol:
[url=hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img]hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img[/url]
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:52 pm

If you don't read Mr 'the plumber'... how on earth did you know what the post was about, and how did you write a reply?

Ok just checked your post and you never actually said you can't or don't read.

mmm-hmmmm...
CONFORMISTS!
spazmagee

Postby spazmagee » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:12 pm

I'm reading the Television.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:18 pm

crayola4chewbacca wrote:and for English class: The Old Man and the Sea.

I don't know if you've discussed this in class yet, but if you want to sound smart, tell your teacher that you see a parallel between 1) the old man's brutal struggle to land the fish and its subsequent devouring by remorseless sharks and 2) a writer's battle to create a lasting and beautiful work of art and the way those works of art are torn apart by critics.

I read somewhere that's what that book is really about. Hemmingway venting about his remorse over the injustice regarding how difficult good writing is, and how easy it is for that writing to be torn apart by critics who need that writing to survive.

As for me, along with the two books I mentioned earlier, a co-worker just thrust upon me the book "Plainclothes Naked" by Jerry Stahl, which appears to be a hipster detective-ish novel about a group of people all vying for ownership of a super-rare photograph of George W. Bush exposing his nut-sack (with a smiley face drawn on it) to the camera with a woman (not Laura) next to him. Good premise; however...

The characters are thusfar disturbing in a bad way (unlike, say, Humbert Humbert from Lolita, who is disturbing in a fantastic way), but luckily it's going rather quickly and the subject-matter involving the nut-sack Bush picture keeps me in it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com

Return to “Hot Topics”