What are you reading (other than this board) ?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:12 pm

Frogs Into Princes: Neuro Linguistic Programming -- Richard Bandler and John Grinder

It's the transcript of a conference on psychology given by the aforementioned authors detailing a branch of psychology dealing with using words and "anchors" to manipulate the way people think. Crazy-ass sh*t. Can be used to turn on a woman subconsciously.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:15 pm

rennyloveskenny wrote:Olivia42 and JesusComplex: you guys are in college right? Have you taken any English classes? What did ya'll have to read?

My required English class sucked because it was all composition, so I didn't really get to read much, aside from sleep-inducing essays. I'm in one right now, though, where we read plays. So far, we've read Oedipus Rex, Othello, Hamlet, and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. And I'm to read A Doll's House by Monday.

Basically, not much different from what I read in high school.
rennyloveskenny

Postby rennyloveskenny » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:03 am

^Ah the joys of required reading. Yeah alot of the books I read in high school were the same as the college ones. I guess that's what I get for being gifted when I was a wee high schooler:D

Hamlet's a good one! I like Shakespeare.
Scarlett: Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

(yeah yeah I'm from the South so deal with it:D)
sassyjen

Postby sassyjen » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:15 am

Yes, that first English Comp Class...well...we all have to take it and I assure you living in the world of Acadamia...most people don't know how to write and it is the single most important skill you can learn in college...sorry to sound like a teacher here but if you can write, you can rule the world...I got my degree in art studio but all my paying jobs after college, I have gotten based on my writing skills. It seems boring...it really sucks...but its true...you need do it for the future...
sassyjen
"What fresh new Hell is this?"
TheDude12

Postby TheDude12 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:34 am

I am currently reading "Jarhead."
Image Image
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 am

Sorry Olivia...I didn't think anybody else would want to read it. :oops: :oops: My bad. You can ruin a book for me if you like. You can PM me the ending or something. :lol:

I've taken an English Class and a World Lit. class. I like writing essays so I did better in my English class. In my World Lit. class all we did was read and takes tests over what we read. I don't do good on tests. The good thing about my World Lit. class is all of the interested stories you will read....but that is depending on the teacher. The teacher I had was very old and she wasn't a very good teacher. It was frustrating.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
sassyjen

Postby sassyjen » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:02 am

Sorry to hear about this...you shouldn't have to put up with bad education! Remember--you are paying for it! Look in to colleges with distance education and other opportunities.

Thank You

Jen
sassyjen
"What fresh new Hell is this?"
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:09 am

rennyloveskenny wrote:Hamlet's a good one! I like Shakespeare.

Read (or watch) R&G Are Dead. If you're a fan of Hamlet and absurd, existential humor, you'll love it. I did, at least.

JesusComplex wrote:Sorry Olivia...I didn't think anybody else would want to read it. My bad. You can ruin a book for me if you like. You can PM me the ending or something.

Totally all right. I probably wasn't going to finish it anyway.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:17 am

Well i'm readin nothin now but I was readin some `biography' it was sum 16 yr old kid from Cali, an he was shot at 14, an when he was in hospital he learned to rap an now he got a f*ckin deal! (another 50 cent :P) an it was showin how his life changed since he was 12
It was a good book (I say book it was only bout 40 pages long) an got me thinkin bout doin sumthin like that, I had a very f*cked up 18 months :P
Last edited by Jay C on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
spazmagee

Postby spazmagee » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:20 am

I'm reading three books : Cowboys Don't Cry, the Diary of Anne Frank and The Wedding (the second part of the Notebook). So far, I only like Anne Frank's story, the other two are gay.
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:04 am

I am reading a book on alternative marriage cerimonies, because I am a big soppy girl (also because I'm getting married this summer). It is a very boring book indeed.

Just finished "Dogs eat wolves" by Martin Cruz Smith, a detective novel set partly in Chernobyl. It was pretty interesting, a bit dark though. :roll:
CONFORMISTS!
rennyloveskenny

Postby rennyloveskenny » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:41 pm

^Congratulations Princess! Yeah, I don't know whether I want the traditional style wedding or not. It's funny that when I was a really small kid, I wanted the church and everything. NOw, I want to be creative and do something different. I have a long way to go before I get married, even though I'm in college and all....:(

Let's see, I guess I can say I read the newspaper today. Sometimes I like to read up on current events.
Scarlett: Rhett, Rhett... Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

(yeah yeah I'm from the South so deal with it:D)
Hylian3

Postby Hylian3 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:09 pm

Yet again, i'm looking at Rocketshippy stuff. SOoOoOOo much evidence! 8)
terrance&philliparesw

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:16 am

I just finished reading "Looking for Alibrandi" for English class. It was awesome. Now, I'm currently reading "Memoirs of a Geisha."
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
Cartmans Bitch

Postby Cartmans Bitch » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:03 pm

Im reading, "Memoirs of a Geisha." too its a good book its very personal. Im nearly finished it.
SOUTH PARK RUUULES!!! Lol YEAH BABY!!!

Image Vice President of the Cartman Army!!!

Return to “Hot Topics”