A "how do you feel?" thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:05 pm

love*metal wrote:^That must have been quite a scary experience, I've blacked-out before but never in a bathroom. Thats a dangerous place for it to happen (as you now know), but I'm glad to hear that your feeling abit better. I Hope your cheek heals soon.

Thank you. It really was quite a horrific experience. I'm probably going to be haunted with the memory of it everytime I go to take a shower in that bathroom now.

*shudders*
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:15 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:Like absolute sh*t. Absolute f*cki][/i]ucking sh*t. I was feeling even worse yesterday after my whole incident. I’ll try to explain what happened without going into every little detail. (This post is probably going to end up being longer than I was intending, so I'll apologize now for its length. Also, if you don’t like reading about blood, don’t read this. Just a warning.)

So, I was taking a shower yesterday, and apparently what happened was that I was in there for too long and I took too hot of a shower. When I got out, I started...I don’t know how to explain it...blacking out, I guess. I felt really dizzy and lightheaded and I didn’t know what to do. So I sat down and tried calming down by breathing in and out slowly.

I don’t know why I did this, but for some reason I then stood up and leaned against the wall. At this point I was just trying to gain consciousness back; I really didn’t know what the f*cki][/i]uck was happening or what I should do. So then I ended up falling and I hit my face landing right on the toilet paper holder thing, which is made of metal, so I ended up cutting my right cheek.

I was still completely blacked out, and I tried to get up, but I ended up banging into something again. And the entire time while this is going on, I could hear my mom yelling, “ALI! OPEN THE DOOR!” It was so f*cki][/i]ucking scary and weird at the same time. The strange thing, though, was that I've never blacked out or anything like that before. It was definitely because I took a really hot, long shower. (I usually take about 30-minute showers.)

Alright, then when I was finally able to actually see again, the first thing I saw was blood in front of me. I was still lying on the floor, but I managed to crawl out and open the door. My mom came rushing toward me with a paper towel and she was covering my face where it was cut. By then I had gained consciousness back, so I was fully aware of what was going on. I kept telling my mom, “I’m okay,” but I think she thought that I was still delusional or something.

So she kept saying if she should call 911, but then she said that my dad should take me to the hospital right away. My mom said that I was probably going to need stitches, and I really didn’t like the sound of that. My dad ended up taking me to the hospital, and we got there at around 4:45 PM. I was covering my wound with an ice pack covered with paper towels. (That thing was extremely bloody when I took it off and replaced it with the hospital’s bandages.)

The only bad thing about the hospital was that we had to wait around for such a freaking long time. First waiting for them to actually check me, then waiting for the doctor to come, then waiting to take x-rays (the x-rays were fine, thank God), and then more waiting for the plastic surgeon to fix my disgusting gash on my face.

I ended up getting 25 stitches. It wasn’t painful, except when he numbed it. That stung like a bitch. I’d say the whole process of getting the stitches took about 40 minutes, since the surgeon said that it was ‘a deep cut.’ By the time my dad and I left the hospital, it was already 9:00 PM. Damn, it really took a long time.

So now I have these lovely bandage thingies over my right cheek, and my mom wanted me to stay home from school today so I can rest and recover. Goddamn. What a f*cki][/i]ucking experience that was yesterday. For everyone here who has ever gotten stitches before, I now know how you feel. My brother actually had to get 13 stitches when he was...I think 6 or 7 because his friend hit him in the head with a f*cki][/i]ucking metal bat. (They’re still friends, if that surprises you.)

Now I have to leave these bandages on until next Wednesday when the surgeon will check them again. Jesus Christ. This whole thing reminds me of when I broke my right arm when I was in the first grade. I was only six, but I remember it perfectly.

Well...I'm feeling better now. I know I say this a lot, but I'll be surprised if anyone reads through this long-ass bitchy post. But if you do, well, thanks I guess. :B

Awwwww, Ali! That sucks! Bu tI'm so happy you feel better now. n__n For no reason, I'll give you some advice. Make sure you never get into the shower with a knife. That could happen again and then what? You could stab yourself. THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD. Just some advice. :]

I hope you feel better!

My mom let me stay home from school today for no reaosn. Yay!
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks Mel. I'm feeling a lot better now. It doesn't hurt or anything anymore. Also, thanks for the advice. XD

Luckily, I just have one full day of school tomorrow, and we're dismissed at 11:00 on Wednesday. Then I have Easter Break, so I'm off from school until April 16th. :D
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:47 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:Like absolute sh*t. Absolute f*cki][/i]ucking sh*t. I was feeling even worse yesterday after my whole incident. I’ll try to explain what happened without going into every little detail. (This post is probably going to end up being longer than I was intending, so I'll apologize now for its length. Also, if you don’t like reading about blood, don’t read this. Just a warning.)

So, I was taking a shower yesterday, and apparently what happened was that I was in there for too long and I took too hot of a shower. When I got out, I started...I don’t know how to explain it...blacking out, I guess. I felt really dizzy and lightheaded and I didn’t know what to do. So I sat down and tried calming down by breathing in and out slowly.

I don’t know why I did this, but for some reason I then stood up and leaned against the wall. At this point I was just trying to gain consciousness back; I really didn’t know what the f*cki][/i]uck was happening or what I should do. So then I ended up falling and I hit my face landing right on the toilet paper holder thing, which is made of metal, so I ended up cutting my right cheek.

I was still completely blacked out, and I tried to get up, but I ended up banging into something again. And the entire time while this is going on, I could hear my mom yelling, “ALI! OPEN THE DOOR!” It was so f*cki][/i]ucking scary and weird at the same time. The strange thing, though, was that I've never blacked out or anything like that before. It was definitely because I took a really hot, long shower. (I usually take about 30-minute showers.)

Alright, then when I was finally able to actually see again, the first thing I saw was blood in front of me. I was still lying on the floor, but I managed to crawl out and open the door. My mom came rushing toward me with a paper towel and she was covering my face where it was cut. By then I had gained consciousness back, so I was fully aware of what was going on. I kept telling my mom, “I’m okay,” but I think she thought that I was still delusional or something.

So she kept saying if she should call 911, but then she said that my dad should take me to the hospital right away. My mom said that I was probably going to need stitches, and I really didn’t like the sound of that. My dad ended up taking me to the hospital, and we got there at around 4:45 PM. I was covering my wound with an ice pack covered with paper towels. (That thing was extremely bloody when I took it off and replaced it with the hospital’s bandages.)

The only bad thing about the hospital was that we had to wait around for such a freaking long time. First waiting for them to actually check me, then waiting for the doctor to come, then waiting to take x-rays (the x-rays were fine, thank God), and then more waiting for the plastic surgeon to fix my disgusting gash on my face.

I ended up getting 25 stitches. It wasn’t painful, except when he numbed it. That stung like a bitch. I’d say the whole process of getting the stitches took about 40 minutes, since the surgeon said that it was ‘a deep cut.’ By the time my dad and I left the hospital, it was already 9:00 PM. Damn, it really took a long time.

So now I have these lovely bandage thingies over my right cheek, and my mom wanted me to stay home from school today so I can rest and recover. Goddamn. What a f*cki][/i]ucking experience that was yesterday. For everyone here who has ever gotten stitches before, I now know how you feel. My brother actually had to get 13 stitches when he was...I think 6 or 7 because his friend hit him in the head with a f*cki][/i]ucking metal bat. (They’re still friends, if that surprises you.)

Now I have to leave these bandages on until next Wednesday when the surgeon will check them again. Jesus Christ. This whole thing reminds me of when I broke my right arm when I was in the first grade. I was only six, but I remember it perfectly.

Well...I'm feeling better now. I know I say this a lot, but I'll be surprised if anyone reads through this long-ass bitchy post. But if you do, well, thanks I guess. :B

Jesus Christ! Dude..wow, that sucks so much. Yes, it could have been worse..but dude, it sounds like it was pretty freaking bad. I hope you feel better, and I really hope that won't happen again. That scared me when I was reading it. Man...I mean, hell, I've passed out and hit my head a few times, but never that bad. Feel better. *Gives Ali a gigantic hug.*
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 am

Sometimes, if you take a long shower the steam sort of takes over the air and makes it hard to breath. but thirty minutes!? Damn, and I thought I took long showers! :shock:
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:21 am

^ I take really long showers. My longest one was 1 hour and 45 minutes. :] I usually take about 45 min. to 1 hour showers.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:28 am

^My average shower time is about 15 minutes, but back when my brothers still lived at home, I'd had to take five minutes.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 am

My sister and I use up all of the warm water, which is kinda funny because they don't know which one of us to yell at when they wanna take a shower.
Delition

Postby Delition » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:58 am

That isn't fun, DA16. I've only had 5 stitches in my life (I cut my hand on a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" carrying case).

I did have something else bad happen to me when I was younger. I was playing on a wooden shack that my grandmother told me not to play on. When she caught me on it, she yelled at me to get off of the shack. My feet pushed off, but for some reason my hands stayed. They slid down the shack. Not much fun, especially the hundred or so slivers I had in my hands.

If I remember correctly, it was about 60 that needed to be removed surgically, several dozen that needed to be gradually pushed out through repeated washings.

Anyways, for how I'm feeling today? Pretty swell. Work was okay, aside from the fact that I need to get more pre-orders. GameStop workers are ranked on pre-orders and magazine subscriptions, hence the reason they hassle you when you shop there. So yeah, I need to hassle more people. At least I'm at home now, with a twelve-pack of A&W root beer.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:39 pm

^Your past experience sounded like it was painful. ><

And yeah, it wasn't fun. God...I don't even want to think about it anymore.

crazyQH wrote:Jesus Christ! Dude..wow, that sucks so much. Yes, it could have been worse..but dude, it sounds like it was pretty freaking bad. I hope you feel better, and I really hope that won't happen again. That scared me when I was reading it. Man...I mean, hell, I've passed out and hit my head a few times, but never that bad. Feel better. *Gives Ali a gigantic hug.*

Aww, thanks Dee. ^^ That sucks that you've passed out several times before, though.

Anyway, staying on topic, I dunno...I feel alright. I'm excited about the new episode of South Park tomorrow, but other than that...meh.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:09 pm

I'm so f*cking happy right now! I just got tickets to see Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio instead of Ozzy) at brighton! The support bands rock to, it's Lamb Of God and Iced Earth. I cannot wait!
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:32 pm

Pretty good - my mam arrived back from her holiday in Chinaland so it was nice seeing her back after about 18 or so days. Plus, as pressies, she brought me back not only a few pieces of music software for my laptop, but she also got me a Gorillaz black T-Shirt which I'm wearing at the moment. Me thinks I'll take a pic and show.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:39 am

I'm feeling gassy, yet oh so happy after tonight/last night's episode.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:19 pm

On Wednesday I wrote:Pretty good!

Amazing how it can turn completely upside down in the space of 48 hours. :roll:
I'm down and feel like sh*t. I've just spent well over an hour and a half trapped in a bus station waiting for THE ONLY bus that gets me home to come......and it doesn't. So 90+ minutes, a detour bus and about a half mile walk later, I'm finally back home. :roll:

And based on the past two days that I've had, that's the last thing that I wanted. So because of that and how I feel at the moment, I think I'll take a break from this board for maybe a couple of weeks or maybe more. I might be still in the other places I'm at as well (mind's too tired to think) but apart from that......I'm just gunna try and chill and get away from it all.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:43 pm

EPAF wrote:
On Wednesday I wrote:Pretty good!

Amazing how it can turn completely upside down in the space of 48 hours. :roll:
I'm down and feel like sh*t. I've just spent well over an hour and a half trapped in a bus station waiting for THE ONLY bus that gets me home to come......and it doesn't. So 90+ minutes, a detour bus and about a half mile walk later, I'm finally back home. :roll:

And based on the past two days that I've had, that's the last thing that I wanted. So because of that and how I feel at the moment, I think I'll take a break from this board for maybe a couple of weeks or maybe more. I might be still in the other places I'm at as well (mind's too tired to think) but apart from that......I'm just gunna try and chill and get away from it all.

After reading this and the other post yesterday (in the things that piss you of thread) I can see why your feeling down. It sucks that your feeling that way, so I do hope that can manage to just relax and take your mind off things. Hope you feel better soon dude.

Return to “Hot Topics”