Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread.

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:37 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:everything TPB posted is a lie, pot & cigarette smokers are a different breed, people drive safer high than they do drunk

Everything TPB poted came from an accredited source.

And you can lose your licence if you drive when you're high.

Back in the day, drunk drivers came out with that schpeil about driving better. Cannabis slows your reaction times. FACT.
CONFORMISTS!
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:41 pm

Princesslovelypants wrote:OMG Paperboy... longest cut and pate ever! Tell your mates to stop stealing your dinner money like a bunch of [you]total junkie scum [/you]or I'll send in the weegie ned posse to sort them out ! Your mate was ripped off paying £5 for a joint. I used to smoke it when I was younger, I'm not 100% anti, but it needs to be done in severe moderation IF AT ALL. It's certainly not good for you by any means.

:lol: What? 20p as dinner money. And another thing i'm rich 8).

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:everything TPB posted is a lie, pot & cigarette smokers are a different breed, people drive safer high than they do drunk, I know somebody that everytime he's high he obeys every single driving law. on a side note, our school has one of the biggest "pot problems" in the state.

Can't expect to get everything right. :P

Orange_Kenny wrote:Weed is not really a subject WORTH discussing on a message board.

Just my thought

Your thought is wrong. I like this thread I get to talk about my mates smoking pot.

Princesslovelypants wrote:Everything TPB poted came from an accredited source.

:cry: Thanks for ruining the fun. :P

Edit: Find this on the internet:

Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain

A synthetic chemical similar to the active ingredient in marijuana makes new cells grow in rat brains. What is more, in rats this cell growth appears to be linked with reducing anxiety and depression. The results suggest that marijuana, or its derivatives, could actually be good for the brain.

In mammals, new nerve cells are constantly being produced in a part of the brain called the hippocampus, which is associated with learning, memory, anxiety and depression. Other recreational drugs, such as alcohol, nicotine and cocaine, have been shown to suppress this new growth. Xia Zhang of the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, and colleagues decided to see what effects a synthetic cannabinoid called HU210 had on rats' brains.

They found that giving rats high doses of HU210 twice a day for 10 days increased the rate of nerve cell formation, or neurogenesis, in the hippocampus by about 40%.

Just like Prozac?
A previous study showed that the antidepressant fluoxetine (Prozac) also increases new cell growth, and the results indicated that it was this cell growth that caused Prozac’s anti-anxiety effect. Zhang wondered whether this was also the case for the cannabinoid, and so he tested the rats for behavioural changes.

When the rats who had received the cannabinoid were placed under stress, they showed fewer signs of anxiety and depression than rats who had not had the treatment. When neurogenesis was halted in these rats using X-rays, this effect disappeared, indicating that the new cell growth might be responsible for the behavioural changes.

In another study, Barry Jacobs, a neuroscientist at Princeton University, gave mice the natural cannabinoid found in marijuana, THC (D9-tetrahydrocannabinol)). But he says he detected no neurogenesis, no matter what dose he gave or the length of time he gave it for. He will present his results at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington DC in November.

Jacobs says it could be that HU210 and THC do not have the same effect on cell growth. It could also be the case that cannabinoids behave differently in different rodent species - which leaves open the question of how they behave in humans.

Zhang says more research is needed before it is clear whether cannabinoids could some day be used to treat depression in humans.

^If it's like the one before, f*ck it. I can't be bothered reading this one.
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:51 pm

PB.. I'm so sorry.

Sorry you've got sand in your vagina that is.

And if you're so rich how come you only get 20p dinner money?

And if THC has similar effects to prosac then I'll eat my cat's litter tray.

And don't bother PMing me again with your PMT. Not interested.
CONFORMISTS!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:54 am

Princesslovelypants wrote:
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:everything TPB posted is a lie, pot & cigarette smokers are a different breed, people drive safer high than they do drunk

Everything TPB poted came from an accredited source.

And you can lose your licence if you drive when you're high.

Back in the day, drunk drivers came out with that schpeil about driving better. Cannabis slows your reaction times. FACT.

It also heightens your paranoia, forcing you to drive slower and to look out for pedestrians and other cars, as they are most likely cops (or at least it feels that way when you're high). Ergo, much safer than drunk drivers, who feel the very opposite of paranoia and think they will live forever.

FACT

Also, Paper Boy, one thing that long medical post neglected to mention can be summed up by a great Onion headline:

"Marijuana Linked With Getting Really f*cking High"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 am

Not everyone gets the same effect from pot. Some drive slower, some faster, some the same speed. Still slows down reaction time

Not everyone gets paranoid and reckons the other cars are all cops, either.

It slows your reaction time and you can lose your driving licence if caught.
CONFORMISTS!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:52 am

Being tired also slows your reaction time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:04 am

Did you know a joint can kill a kitten?

...yeah, if a kitten smokes the whole joint to the head, they get too stoned to attach the roach clip properly and they could end up choking to death on it.

FACT
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:26 am

Princesslovelypants wrote:one of the actions of cannabis is to open up your airways so it does increase your chances of lung cancer. And throat cancer. ..And psychiatric illness including depression, bipolar disorder, schitzophrenia and totalmajorboringness.

This is very interesting, as I know a few people who take it to get out of depression, at least for a while.

Yes, it does slow down reaction time, makes people procrastinate more or escape from reality for a while, but also enhances feelings of creativity.
Last edited by Big-Will on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:42 am

I smoke dro because it's fun?
are you going to arrest somone going to an amusment park to have fun?

and tell me why I can write english papers better while I'm high? Being high improves your concentration and opens your mind.
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
hainted

Postby hainted » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:45 am

makes people procrastinate

procrastinate? :shock: how f*ckin lazy do you have to be to do that? :lol:

marijewanna's bad m'kay... :lol:
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm

My friends mum is slowly dying of cancer , she smokes it to take the nausea away from all the chemo she's been having.

I've been smoking sh*t loads lately

Love the herb

FACT
KennyStanWendyFan

*** sh*t post ***

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 pm

i wuz liek at skool rite, n so the techer wuz sayin som sh*t abot wed being bad for u n i seid fuk u bich n i hit her so i was expeld frum skol, then i went hoam n smookd pot for a wile and mastbrittd and i wundird what wod hapen if i set mi cum on fir but i acidentl set the hole hous on fire dat sh*t wuz raw man fuk

mi mom said i wuz growndid n i sed fuk u bich and sucker punch dat bich den pushed her into the grownd n she screamd mi stepdad wuz mad but i left n went to this sluts howus i doant evin realy kno hur but i had sex wit hur wuns n she wuz realy hawt so i went to her hous and wuz liek let me in bich and she said doant kal me a bich or som neo-feminist bulshit and i told her stfu u ho and i thrw a rock at her and she cried then she let me in and i smokd al her weed n crack n she sed hai datz hou i maik incum and i sed fuk u bich charj peopl muny for sex ho be a prostitut wut a dum bich

so i slept in her houe for the next few nits im on hur computir she got rely hi at 1 poynt n pased out on the flor and i had seks with hur unconchus body n it wuz al raw n sh*t ne wai i slept on the flor most uv last night because i wuz stoand n kudint rech the bed and i think her dog pised on me so i kicked that bich to the kurb n she sed omg doant kik mi dog and i grabd a vase n threw it at hur then she crid and so we had seks l8r

so yeh wut r thu rest uv u giez up 2 u no wut, doant tel me, i doant car, im fuckeng stoned, i wont remembr ne wai im guna go smoke sum mor weed
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:00 pm

I had no idea being stoned would screw up your spelling as badly as being drunk does...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Xeroph

Postby Xeroph » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:07 pm

I'm 20 and a half years old and up until a month ago I smoked ganja every other day (at least) without fail since I was 15. In the 31 days (today) that I haven't smoked it I've felt a lot better for it. Mentally and phisically. For example I'm a lot less lazy now than a month ago and obviously my lungs and heart are better off for it. My advice to smokers of the substance is don't do it more than twice a week. As well as serious side effects (lack of motivation, boredom when not smoking it, etc) when you do it loads it takes the fun out of the buzz you get when you get high. Loads to say on the subject but no time to say it. Laterz.
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:11 pm

Killa, that poster is funny, was it a real one? Emailing Uranus, making a meat hat and hearing my hair grow, it all sounds hilarious, except the part about spending the night in jail.

Aym_Dand wrote:It also heightens your paranoia, forcing you to drive slower and to look out for pedestrians and other cars, as they are most likely cops (or at least it feels that way when you're high). Ergo, much safer than drunk drivers, who feel the very opposite of paranoia and think they will live forever.
FACT

That is absolutely true Aym, my pothead friends all drive slow. When I try to drive straight, I swerve and run off the edge of the pavement, alcohol only increases these actions, but pot straightens me right out.

Big-Will wrote:
Princesslovelypants wrote:..And psychiatric illness including depression, bipolar disorder, schitzophrenia and totalmajorboringness.

This is very interesting, as I know a few people who take it to get out of depression, at least for a while.

Yes, it does slow down reaction time, makes people procrastinate more or escape from reality for a while, but also enhances feelings of creativity.

I do not believe that pot causes “depression, bipolar disorder, or schitzophrenia” These are all diseases that are passed on genetically.

FACT: If not for pot, I’d have been dead years ago.

ANOTHER FACT: I smoked pot before, during and after every art project and paper I wrote. Pot helped me graduate from college with 4.0 gpa.

Big-Will wrote:I had no idea being stoned would screw up your spelling as badly as being drunk does...

It doesn't Will. The other night I was typing while drunk, it was a mess; but, all of you have seen me type high, how often do I make a spelling mistakes?

YET ANOTHER FACT: The people making posts in this thread that hate pot smoking will not be changing the minds of those who enjoy Marijuana. And now you know : )
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN

Return to “Hot Topics”