Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread.

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread.

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:50 am

Wii fit man wrote:Ah, whatever; I guess most of the deaths are probably mistaken.

All deaths linked to Marijuana are actually caused BECAUSE it is illegal.

(Black markets are created, which causes crime, gangs, murder, etc. Look at the Mexican cartel...)

Look at what prohibition of alcohol did to us...
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Morgueanna

Re:

Postby Morgueanna » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:39 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
randyhart wrote:Errr Drugs are Bad mmmmKay

Man, everytime BSR (or anyone else, for that matter) tries to start one of these threads, some dork comes along and posts this quote. It's like clockwork.

Bottom line, enforcing drug laws costs society billions in enforcement every year for virtually no gains. A better idea: legalize it and tax it. Then marijuana will make money for the government and not drug lords.

I totally agree with that. I mean, they could be using that money to help our poor. When I had ankle surgery, I was in so much pain. I smoked weed and it was much better than the drugs the doctor gave me. It's a lot better than morphine and vicodin. When they gave me morphine, I had no appetite, threw up anything I tried to eat, and I was very cranky and still in pain. There are so many wonderful things people can do with marijuana and it's sad that the government destroyed so many fields.
The seed's oil is used in skin products, has essential fatty acids; the hemp can be used as a cotton replacement; as said earlier, it can be used as a replacement for painkillers; it stimulates both sides of the brain; people who smoke cigarettes AND weed have less of a chance of getting cancer (It was a Cuban study), ...the possibilities are endless.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:47 pm

The benefits outweigh the risks 100-fold...
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon May 04, 2009 12:12 am

Saying "drugs are bad mmmkay" doesn't mean you support drug laws; matt and trey wrote that line, and do you think they support that view? People could use it ironicly. I listen to stoner music, does that make me a stoner :P?

Some good videos on the topic; law officers against prohibition, waiting to inhale (a film about medical mahruana), Obama's top request. That last one is VERY interesting :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 am

superiorsavior wrote:Saying "drugs are bad mmmkay" doesn't mean you support drug laws; matt and trey wrote that line, and do you think they support that view? People could use it ironicly. I listen to stoner music, does that make me a stoner :P?

Some good videos on the topic; law officers against prohibition, waiting to inhale (a film about medical mahruana), Obama's top request. That last one is VERY interesting :)

At the end of the last video, it leads you to an interesting study:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 083353.htm

ScienceDaily (May 26, 2006) wrote: — People who smoke marijuana--even heavy, long-term marijuana users--do not appear to be at increased risk of developing lung cancer, according to a study to be presented at the American Thoracic Society International Conference on May 23rd.

Marijuana smoking also did not appear to increase the risk of head and neck cancers, such as cancer of the tongue, mouth, throat, or esophagus, the study found.

The findings were a surprise to the researchers. "We expected that we would find that a history of heavy marijuana use--more than 500-1,000 uses--would increase the risk of cancer from several years to decades after exposure to marijuana," said the senior researcher, Donald Tashkin, M.D., Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Los Angeles.

The study looked at 611 people in Los Angeles County who developed lung cancer, 601 who developed cancer of the head or neck regions, and 1,040 people without cancer who were matched on age, gender and neighborhood. The researchers used the University of Southern California Tumor Registry, which is notified as soon as a patient in Los Angeles County receives a diagnosis of cancer.

They limited the study to people under age 60. "If you were born prior to 1940, you were unlikely to be exposed to marijuana use during your teens and 20s--the time of peak marijuana use," Dr. Tashkin said. People who were exposed to marijuana use in their youth are just now getting to the age when cancer typically starts to develop, he added.

Subjects were asked about lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol, as well as other drugs, their diet, occupation, family history of cancer and socioeconomic status. The subjects' reported use of marijuana was similar to that found in other surveys, Dr. Tashkin noted.

The heaviest smokers in the study had smoked more than 22,000 marijuana cigarettes, or joints, while moderately heavy smokers had smoked between 11,000 to 22,000 joints. Even these smokers did not have an increased risk of developing cancer. People who smoked more marijuana were not at any increased risk compared with those who smoked less marijuana or none at all.

The study found that 80% of lung cancer patients and 70% of patients with head and neck cancer had smoked tobacco, while only about half of patients with both types of cancer smoked marijuana.

There was a clear association between smoking tobacco and cancer. The study found a 20-fold increased risk of lung cancer in people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day. The more tobacco a person smoked, the greater the risk of developing both lung cancer and head and neck cancers, findings that were consistent with many previous studies.

The new findings are surprising for several reasons, Dr. Tashkin said. Previous studies have shown that marijuana tar contains about 50% higher concentrations of chemicals linked to lung cancer, compared with tobacco tar, he noted. Smoking a marijuana cigarette deposits four times more tar in the lungs than smoking an equivalent amount of tobacco. "Marijuana is packed more loosely than tobacco, so there's less filtration through the rod of the cigarette, so more particles will be inhaled," Dr. Tashkin said. "And marijuana smokers typically smoke differently than tobacco smokers--they hold their breath about four times longer, allowing more time for extra fine particles to deposit in the lung."

One possible explanation for the new findings, he said, is that THC, a chemical in marijuana smoke, may encourage aging cells to die earlier and therefore be less likely to undergo cancerous transformation.

The next step, Dr. Tashkin says, is to study the DNA samples of the subjects, to see whether there are some heavy marijuana users who may be at increased risk of developing cancer if they have a genetic susceptibility for cancer.
Blue Twilight

Re: Re:

Postby Blue Twilight » Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Morgueanna wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
randyhart wrote:Errr Drugs are Bad mmmmKay

Man, everytime BSR (or anyone else, for that matter) tries to start one of these threads, some dork comes along and posts this quote. It's like clockwork.

Bottom line, enforcing drug laws costs society billions in enforcement every year for virtually no gains. A better idea: legalize it and tax it. Then marijuana will make money for the government and not drug lords.

I totally agree with that. I mean, they could be using that money to help our poor. When I had ankle surgery, I was in so much pain. I smoked weed and it was much better than the drugs the doctor gave me. It's a lot better than morphine and vicodin. When they gave me morphine, I had no appetite, threw up anything I tried to eat, and I was very cranky and still in pain. There are so many wonderful things people can do with marijuana and it's sad that the government destroyed so many fields.
The seed's oil is used in skin products, has essential fatty acids; the hemp can be used as a cotton replacement; as said earlier, it can be used as a replacement for painkillers; it stimulates both sides of the brain; people who smoke cigarettes AND weed have less of a chance of getting cancer (It was a Cuban study), ...the possibilities are endless.

It's no different from abusing painkillers and cough medicine, I'd say. Why don't we just illegalise over-the-counter painkillers whilst we're at it?

(I'm neutral about this issue given I don't smoke pot, or cigarettes for that matter, but people really do need to look at the facts before illegalising something that's potentially beneficial for medicinal purposes.)
Illegitimi non carborundum.
horcrux777

Postby horcrux777 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Lets talk about the true Gateway Drug 99% of kids try this drug before they try anything else that awful drug Is called Tobacco lol but it's true most people will have tried tobacco or alcohol before smoking that weed!! Here Is the disgusting part millions of people die every year from an alcohol related issue, If you drink to much in one day you can also poison you're self and die! No one in human history has ever expired from smoking to much pot you just fall asleep. It is the magic herb It will reduce cancerous tumors, it is very environmentally friendly, you can make rope, clothes, paper, lotions, shampoos the possibilities are endless Yet Marijuana still remains illegal WTF??
Smoke it up, Toke it up, GET HGH!!Image
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 am

I've given it up :mrgreen:
abs007

Postby abs007 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

This is a great thread. You are right in regards to the difference between alchol, tobacco and pot. Cannabis is by far the least harmful of them all. If you look at in another way then its by far the most beneficial of them all and yet it remain illegal. I think the main point we need to look at is the fact that the drug gets abused by frequent smoking which will kill your brain cells. However if used moderatly it is enjoyable and not harmful. The key to it is use it but do not abuse it
Jvc Lcd Tv
cheap lcd tv
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Thu May 21, 2009 7:50 am

You lucky Colorado bastards:

Fine for posession of 1 oz. or less = $100 max?

I got a $400 fine just for posessing a glass bowl. God, I hate Maine sometimes.
erjolog

Postby erjolog » Thu May 21, 2009 9:08 am

Wow, from watching some of the links, it´s incredible how those legal stuff cause more deaths, and the obama page is good idea too.
But anyways, as i said, i think i´m kinda a liberal, so i think people have the right to do whatever they want with their lives :roll:
Fav. character: Me(eric) Cartman!
2nd fav Character: Chef
3rd fav character: mexicans
saludos^^
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Re: Re:

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 am

Morgueanna wrote:It's a lot better than morphine and vicodin.

I was on vicodin for a while when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. It f*cked me up SO bad. I wish I had just smoked pot instead.
Beard

Postby Beard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Heehee, what an interesting thread :wink:

My college book is so full of crap: "Marijuana contains at least five times more cancer-causing agents than tobacco"

Fudgetards.

I use it frequently :D
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
Jake, M'kay?

Re: *** sh*t post ***

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:18 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:i wuz liek at skool rite, n so the techer wuz sayin som sh*t abot wed being bad for u n i seid fuk u bich n i hit her so i was expeld frum skol, then i went hoam n smookd pot for a wile and mastbrittd and i wundird what wod hapen if i set mi cum on fir but i acidentl set the hole hous on fire dat sh*t wuz raw man fuk

mi mom said i wuz growndid n i sed fuk u bich and sucker punch dat bich den pushed her into the grownd n she screamd mi stepdad wuz mad but i left n went to this sluts howus i doant evin realy kno hur but i had sex wit hur wuns n she wuz realy hawt so i went to her hous and wuz liek let me in bich and she said doant kal me a bich or som neo-feminist bulshit and i told her stfu u ho and i thrw a rock at her and she cried then she let me in and i smokd al her weed n crack n she sed hai datz hou i maik incum and i sed fuk u bich charj peopl muny for sex ho be a prostitut wut a dum bich

so i slept in her houe for the next few nits im on hur computir she got rely hi at 1 poynt n pased out on the flor and i had seks with hur unconchus body n it wuz al raw n sh*t ne wai i slept on the flor most uv last night because i wuz stoand n kudint rech the bed and i think her dog pised on me so i kicked that bich to the kurb n she sed omg doant kik mi dog and i grabd a vase n threw it at hur then she crid and so we had seks l8r

so yeh wut r thu rest uv u giez up 2 u no wut, doant tel me, i doant car, im fuckeng stoned, i wont remembr ne wai im guna go smoke sum mor weed

God this post is old and stupid, but I just wanted everyone to see it.
I laughed so hard at that for some reason..
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:30 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:To anyone who thinks drugs are bad... I want you to go home, and get all your records created by brilliant artists, and burn 'em. Because the people who made that great music... REAL f*ckin high on drugs.

Hendrix, The Beatles, Nirvana, Tool, Soundgarden, Metallica, Alice In Chains, Grateful Dead, you name a good artist and I can guarantee they get baked all the time.

Oh God I really said that?

Return to “Hot Topics”