Who is your best friend on the BBs?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

DarkDucky
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Postby DarkDucky » Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 am

Killahertz9 wrote:
DarkDucky wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:"You are not allowed to have a relationship with someone AND title it "best friend" if you only know them through the internet."

Meaning...if you only know someone on the net AND have never met them in real life AND you call them a best friend, is absolutely pathetic (IMHO). :D


ok, let me explain better.
(this is for me at least)
Ok, just like in real life, one has a bunch of friends, yet there are one or two of them that one calls their 'best' friends, because they are the ones he/she likes better.
Just like on this BBS, one can have a bunch of friends, and this thread is for people to say which one of them is their 'best' friend out of those, or the one or two of their friends on here that they like better.

Does that explain it better?


So you are saying that you call people who have aliass' instead of their real name and who you only interact with on the internet, friends? And out of all of those so called friends, you actually consider one or two people to be your Best Friends? Remember, you only interact with them on the internet. You never see them in real life and for the majority of times, never even pick up the phone and actually talk to them. As apposed to people in real life that you can actually look at, talk to and touch? And some of you think that's healthy?

I think most of you don't know what a REAL friend is in comparison to a acquaintance or a comrade.

A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amcus “friend” and am “I love” is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos “friend” and phile “I love.” In English, though, we have to go back a millennium before we see the verb related to friend. At that time, frond, the Old English word for “friend,” was simply the present participle of the verb fron, “to love.” The Germanic root behind this verb is *fr-, which meant “to like, love, be friendly to.” Closely linked to these concepts is that of “peace,” and in fact Germanic made a noun from this root, *frithu-, meaning exactly that. Ultimately descended from this noun are the personal names Frederick, “peaceful ruler,” and Siegfried, ”victory peace.” The root also shows up in the name of the Germanic deity Frigg, the goddess of love, who lives on today in the word Friday, “day of Frigg,” from an ancient translation of Latin Veneris dis, “day of Venus.”

p.s. Yes, that was cut and pasted...:P

So, with that being said, who are here can you say you actually love?


Alright, I didn't want this to turn into an argument or anything, so I'm just going to say this nice and short:

There's a difference between real friends and online friends. IRL friends are exactly what you just said, but online friends (in my case at least) are people you know on a forum who you like (not love) and are nice to you, you enjoy talking to them, etc.

and the "best" friend is merely the favourite of the above group of people.

At least that's what it means to me. You might see it differently, but that's what I mean when I say my "best friend" on the BBS.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
Jay C
Posts: 4299
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Postby Jay C » Thu May 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Damn I need to start going on MSN more...
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
kylelover52610
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:03 pm

Alas....

I have no Best Friend on BBS .......

._.;
KyleBenoit
Posts: 2684
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 2:44 am

Postby KyleBenoit » Thu May 04, 2006 3:05 pm

I'll be your friend if you want. :) Just PM me if you wanna chat.
Image
Jay C
Posts: 4299
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Postby Jay C » Thu May 04, 2006 3:09 pm

I'm lonely :lol: KB are you on MSN now?

I'm so bored...
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
kylelover52610
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:55 pm

I would love to chat but I can only chat on my home computer, but it does'nt help when my computer is dead.....

T.T

But yeah, I'd love to be your guyses friend!
megan*w
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Postby megan*w » Thu May 04, 2006 4:05 pm

[quote="matts_diva_bitch":49e41]People who i like but dont really know me:
KB
INBTF
bugzbunnie6
DCR
MJKK[/quote:49e41]

[color=blue:49e41] :cry: What happened to me? My name used to be on that list :cry:

Oh well........[Off Topic] Wow I haven't been on here for 3 - 4 days or something and it feels like I haven't been on here for weeks. :? [/color:49e41]
eric pedigo
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:59 pm

reply

Postby eric pedigo » Thu May 04, 2006 4:17 pm

:?:
Last edited by eric pedigo on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Killahertz9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:10 pm

DarkDucky wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:
DarkDucky wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:"You are not allowed to have a relationship with someone AND title it "best friend" if you only know them through the internet."

Meaning...if you only know someone on the net AND have never met them in real life AND you call them a best friend, is absolutely pathetic (IMHO). :D


ok, let me explain better.
(this is for me at least)
Ok, just like in real life, one has a bunch of friends, yet there are one or two of them that one calls their 'best' friends, because they are the ones he/she likes better.
Just like on this BBS, one can have a bunch of friends, and this thread is for people to say which one of them is their 'best' friend out of those, or the one or two of their friends on here that they like better.

Does that explain it better?


So you are saying that you call people who have aliass' instead of their real name and who you only interact with on the internet, friends? And out of all of those so called friends, you actually consider one or two people to be your Best Friends? Remember, you only interact with them on the internet. You never see them in real life and for the majority of times, never even pick up the phone and actually talk to them. As apposed to people in real life that you can actually look at, talk to and touch? And some of you think that's healthy?

I think most of you don't know what a REAL friend is in comparison to a acquaintance or a comrade.

A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amcus “friend” and am “I love” is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos “friend” and phile “I love.” In English, though, we have to go back a millennium before we see the verb related to friend. At that time, frond, the Old English word for “friend,” was simply the present participle of the verb fron, “to love.” The Germanic root behind this verb is *fr-, which meant “to like, love, be friendly to.” Closely linked to these concepts is that of “peace,” and in fact Germanic made a noun from this root, *frithu-, meaning exactly that. Ultimately descended from this noun are the personal names Frederick, “peaceful ruler,” and Siegfried, ”victory peace.” The root also shows up in the name of the Germanic deity Frigg, the goddess of love, who lives on today in the word Friday, “day of Frigg,” from an ancient translation of Latin Veneris dis, “day of Venus.”

p.s. Yes, that was cut and pasted...:P

So, with that being said, who are here can you say you actually love?


Alright, I didn't want this to turn into an argument or anything, so I'm just going to say this nice and short:

There's a difference between real friends and online friends. IRL friends are exactly what you just said, but online friends (in my case at least) are people you know on a forum who you like (not love) and are nice to you, you enjoy talking to them, etc.

and the "best" friend is merely the favourite of the above group of people.

At least that's what it means to me. You might see it differently, but that's what I mean when I say my "best friend" on the BBS.


Oh, there is no arguement on my end because I know that I'm right :) . The title of this thread should be...

Who is your favorite member on the BBS?

Instead, it reads as a middle school note that was passed around in class.

:)
Image
bugzbunnie6
Posts: 1980
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:21 am

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Okay, no more arguing!! A friend is a friend, online or not.

terranceandphilliparesw wrote:Bugzbunnie6 is one of my best online friends. She is one sweet little bunny. ^__^

And terranceandphilliparesw is one of my best online friends, because she's such an awesome... Er, Cat. :D
Last edited by bugzbunnie6 on Sat May 06, 2006 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I *Heart* You.
eric pedigo
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:59 pm

reply

Postby eric pedigo » Thu May 04, 2006 9:06 pm

bugzbunnie6 wrote:Okay, no more arguing!! A friend is a friend, online or not.

terranceandphilliparesw, you're definitely one of my top five internet friends. :)


THANK YOU!!!! It's about time somebody said that, and you're absolutely right. A friend IS a friend. Just because you have contact with someone on the internet exclusively doesn't make them any less of a friend.
kmfcoksmndvckmvokvmkvmevkmevpkmvkvmevkmvkmevkmvkvmvkmvkmevpevevnpojernvpejnepjnwcoweckowmcweokvmeopibjrtpoiubprojntbetveronv829430t83409fn32jinv9u3nv9u324nvunvojpovnorewnvu9340hg9843hj90f8j49fiojorijfoirjf90ij34g8j9-439j34994v
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Fri May 05, 2006 6:37 pm

BlindHamster wrote:I never added people to my buddy list, don't see the point, though I do like everyone who put me in theirs (and no, not because it makes me feel popular! I liked you all before you did it!).


I'm the same way, but only a fraction of my friends on here are also on my buddy list.

And because Eric is posting on here right now, I'll just stick him onto my list of friends, too, since this is for ON the BBS, not really people who left. :P
terrance&philliparesw
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:17 am

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Sat May 06, 2006 11:58 am

bugzbunnie6 wrote:Okay, no more arguing!! A friend is a friend, online or not.

terranceandphilliparesw wrote:Bugzbunnie6 is one of my best online friends. She is one sweet little bunny. ^__^

And terranceandphilliparesw is one of my best online friends, because she's such an awesome... Er, Cat. :D


*meow* ^__^
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
DarkDucky
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Postby DarkDucky » Sat May 06, 2006 2:19 pm

You all already know who my best friend is, but I'm going to say it again. My best friend on here, without a doubt, has to be iceiwynd. She's just too awesome to be true.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
Jay C
Posts: 4299
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Postby Jay C » Sat May 06, 2006 2:30 pm

Schan is a real cool guy... we had a good talk on MSN last night...

And Kailey... we had the best ever talk about accidents :lol:
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests