Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:25 pm

You don't know who the 2 time ACC Player of the year is? He was a running back for wake forest that went undrafted(nobody seems to know why) and signed with the Browns. Someone in the Browns organization said "he will be the best undrafted back in the history of the NFL"

EDIT:
[url:05e04]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=133990[/url:05e04]
Setting the standard since 1852
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 pm

He looks okay, but I doubt he'll do ANYTHING with the Browns. Jesus couldn't do anything behind their line.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:52 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:He looks okay, but I doubt he'll do ANYTHING with the Browns. Jesus couldn't do anything behind their line.

New line, my friend.

Never heard of this Barclay fella, but if the Reuben Droughns keeps beating the sh*t out of his wife, we're gonna need him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:He looks okay, but I doubt he'll do ANYTHING with the Browns. Jesus couldn't do anything behind their line.

New line, my friend.

Never heard of this Barclay fella, but if the Reuben Droughns keeps beating the sh*t out of his wife, we're gonna need him.

Have you replaced every single member of the O-Line? Have they played together for years? Even if you completely redid your O-Line, it'd take maybe three or four years before they mesh well enough.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17 pm

CLEAR.

Okay, well, the preseason has been rolling along, and methinks it is time for people to start talking. Either that or I will murder all the kittens.
With my penis.

Post now!
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:15 am

I assume this is for NFL, since we already got the NCAA thread. Watch out for the Buccaneers. Chris Simms doesn't suck anymore, he's vastly improved, Cadillac is Cadillac. Clayton will be back. We may have the better Alex Smith, at TE. Hopefully, the O-Line won't be UConn in 2005-like. And the defense is the same old run stuffing, pass holding D. Don't forget, we won the division last year, not those chickenshit Panthers.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:38 pm

GO MUTHERFUCKIN DOLPHINS BITCHES!!!!!

I thought I would include this beautiful pic just in case you homo's forgot whose going to win the superbowl this year.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:15 pm

Man I hate the way pre-season games are all on at random times and sh*t. Yesterday I flip on EPSN expecting Monday Night Football to be in it's normal 8pm (central) time slot. Turns out I missed almost the entire first half! Dammit! Gotta be on my toes.

I'm really stoked because I will be attending the last pre-season game at Lambeau. My boss scored tickets for everyone at work so we're f*ckin' going. I haven't seen a game at Lambeau since 2000, so I'm pretty f*cking pumped.

You read it! You can't unread it!
UCONN2k5

Postby UCONN2k5 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:44 am

Dude, it's preseason. At least UConn-URI is a regular season game. Your boss too cheap to pay up for the regular season? :P
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:51 am

That's going to be a good game. The colts season opener. Of course the colts are going to win. :)
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:29 am

i also hate that preaseson games are on random times thursday friday and also. and how do u know the colts will win. because you never know what might happen with micheal strahan and lavar arrington playing d. dont forget paytons offence line could shatter like it did last year in the postseason
Xeroph

Postby Xeroph » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:44 pm

You're not even talking about football you plonkers.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:35 am

Taranis_Music wrote:Image

That's going to be a good game. The colts season opener. Of course the colts are going to win. :)

Meh. I don't think it's gonna be a good game. It's a good match-up that will draw a ton of ratings, but it's not that great. Honestly, I think Eli is extremely overrated. He's not that good, and he still hasn't shown me any signs of progression. I heard talk of him being better then Peyton. There is no way in hell that is gonna happen.

I'm watching the Ravens/Giants preseason game right now. The Roughing the Passer penalty in this league is getting f*cking ridiculous. Terrell Suggs was just called for a blow to the head, when he was just making a normal tackle. I've seen defenders accidentilly bump into a QB, and they were called for a RTP. They make QBs seem like pussies, and I'm tired of it. I thought it might get better with Taglibue coming out of office, but it hasn't yet. :(
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:45 am

Vince Young isn't as good as everyone is cutting him out to be. He's a rushing quarterback. That's a big problem wiht a rookie. The NFL's linbacks are faster than college. He's not going to run as far as he did on Texas. He also throws sidearm,. He's going to have to cut that sh*t out. Sidearm isn't going to get him anywhere. He needs to learn how to throw overhand. Plus he doesn't exactly have a good team supprting him. If they do manage to get a good record this year it's going to have to be on his shoulders.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:24 am

When a quaterback goes that early, no one expects them to do good that year. The teams are usually bad, and the new QB needs two years to progress. I mean, do you really think the Titans are gonna make it to the playoffs? There's a reason they were so early in the draft. I think Young is gonna do a lot better then Eli Manning in the NFL. The Giants wasted a couple draft picks with him. There was no need for them to trade all of that for just him. He should throw overhand, I agree. The D-Line will tip it constantly. Some players throw it overhand, and it gets tipped constantly,*cough*Boller*cough* but throwing overhand increases the chances immensely.

That was one of the big arguments against Phillip Rivers when he came to the NFL: he threw sidearmed. I really don't see what they were waiting for. I think, when you draft a QB high, you should let him watch, and be mentored the first year. He should come in the game every now and then, or start the second year. You need to have some in-game NFL experience before your third year.

In your third year, the pressure is on. I think, then, if you're not a good QB I don't think you ever will be. That's when I gave up on Kyle Boller. The Ravens handled him wrong. He shouldn't have been starting the first year. He wasn't ready. He got totally f*cked in his ass the first game, and he should have a veteran QB starting to mentor him. He was a complete fluke because of that. If you don't take him off the field, and show him what you should be doing, then he won't turn out to be your franchise QB.

I'm looking forward to seeing McNair this year. He's done good so far this preseason, and he is a much better QB then Boller. I think the Ravens are gonna go at least two games into the playoffs this year. I just don't see where our weak spots are. The O-Line is safe. It's not exactly pro-bowl, but it'll work.

The D-Line is great. With Terrell Suggs on one side, and Trevor Pryce on the other, we're gonna get some good pass rushes this year, causing a lot of interceptions. I think we could get as good as we were two years ago.

The Ravens' linebackers are always reliable, as is the secondary. With C-Mac on one side and Rolle on the other, we could have the best CBs in the league. The only weak spot there is FS. We have some sh*tty free safeties. Dawan Landry isn't that good, and Gerome Sapp is more of a special teamer. We didn't do much for that spot.

The WR core is good. Mason is the best one in the core, but we have some pretty good second receivers. Mark Clayton is great, and Devard Darling and Demetrius Williams are looking great this year. Todd Heap will be a great help to the receivers, Jamal and McNair.

Jamal has been looking great so far this preseason. This is the Jamal that ran for 2000 yards in 2003. He's pounding the ball, and breaking tackles. It looks like the Jamal that could run through an arm tackle like it wasn't there. Musa Smith is looking great. We didn't need Mike Anderson. Musa was fine. We should trade him for a free safety.

I am so excited for this season. It's gonna be a good season. The AFC North is gonna be the toughest division in the AFC, possibly the NFL. I really think the NFC East is overrated. The Eagles aren't that great nor are the Cowboys. TO isn't gonna do that much. He's just gonna go a year, do well. They're not gonna make the playoffs. The year after he'll just cause problems, and be released because Parcells won't stand for that bullsh*t.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig

Return to “Hot Topics”