Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:17 pm

That is a sh*tty game right there. The Jets suck. I don't think it will be near as close as you predict.

Indy-44

Jets-7

Damn, I wish you lost that game to Jacksonville.

I've heard all this bullsh*t about San Diego's defense being better than Baltimore's. They're good, but not nearly as good as ours. Their offense is a little bit better, but there's no way the defense is better. If you line everything up, there's no way they're just as good.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Rooster_Costume wrote:That is a sh*tty game right there. The Jets suck. I don't think it will be near as close as you predict.

So the first one was closer? :lol:
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:29 pm

Almost. :wink:

Here's another good game: New England @ Cincinnati.

Chad Johnson and Houshmanzadeh are two of the best receivers in the NFL, and they have the best receiving core in the NFL closest being Indianapolis'. Houshmanzadeh doesn't depend completely upon Chad Johnson while I think Reggie Wayne does. If Marvin ever missed a game, I don't think they would do too well that game. Stokely is way better as a slot receiver than he is as a starter. He wasn't that good for the Ravens.

New England's receiving core is sh*t. Troy Brown is their best receiver, and he's getting old. They had a huge lost when they lost Deion Branch. Does everyone remember him in the Super Bowl two years ago? He was incredible. The Patriots are really gonna miss him this game.

I'm looking for a close game here. It'll probably have a score in the 20s. I think if it is in the 20s, the Bengals will win. Their offense will be running smooth, and that's when they're at their best. If it's in the teens, I think the patriots will win. A defensive game would be great for them because they have a better defense.

Prediction:

Patriots- 20
Bengals- 23
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:42 am

did u see steve mcnair make that nice throw to todd heap for the 4th quarter comeback. god whoever thought the ravens would start off this good
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:15 am

Of course I saw it. :P

That drive was perfect. They managed the clock well. They had the right amount in their sense of urgency, and they slowed it down when they got close because there was a minute left on the clock. Heap has always been reliable. He had a great broken tackle, and a good move after that. If we didn't have McNair this year, we would be 2-2. Kyle Boller can't lead a two minute drive for sh*t. McNair is a very clutch player which is something we haven't had out of a QB.

I must admit I got very frustrated during that game, though. The fumble at the goal line was because of a bad call. A shovel pass there was a bad call. They could have just spread it out, and thrown a short pass or just handed it to Jamal. It wasn't needed there. That game was horribly coached until the end, and that was McNair coaching. They had terrible play calling. That needs to change.

We had a couple of missed opportunites, too. Mason was WIDE open for a long pass, and he misplayed the pass. Another thing is they missed an opportunity for a fumble recovery because they didn't just fall on it. McAlister kicked it away from Jarret Johnson, and that could have cost us the game. San Diego's terrible holding won us that game. The safety didn't matter, but that lost snap did.
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:21 am

REDSKINS 36-30 OT
Member# 325291
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:46 pm

the redskins won that one thanks to santana moss. he is a beast. hes fast and very reliable downfield. clinton portis had a great game agaist a good run stopping team
nutsex6

Postby nutsex6 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:28 pm

football is for fags
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:56 pm

We have some good games this week, too, especially the night games on Sunday and Monday.

Washington @ Giants
New York has started off surprisingly awful. They need to get their act together in this game, and I think they will in the Meadowlands. I'm looking for Amani Toomer to have a good game, but I don't think Jeremy Shockey won't. Sean Taylor's in that secondary so don't look for too many catches from the tight ends. Portis needs to do well in order for the Skins to have a chance. If they can't get their running game going, I don't think their passing game will open up enough. If the running game does well, they can open up the pass. I don't think that will happen, and the defense will give up some big plays this game.

Prediction
Skins: 10
Giants: 16

This Miami vs. New England game is overrated. Miami has done terrible, and so has Culpepper: their "Savior". New England looked great last game, and expect them to carry that into this game. The pass rush should get after the tentative Culpepper and force him to throw some passes he doesn't want to for interceptions. New England's running game has been doing great, and the Dolphin defense hasn't been looking too great.

Prediction:
Miami: 3
New England: 21

The New York vs. Jacksonville game is looking a lot better than I expected coming into the season. New York's play against the Patriots was phenominal even though they did lose. I expected them to be terrible this season, but they've proven me wrong. I think Jacksonville will be able to stop them, though. Their defensive line is one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL. I'm looking for them to get after the QB with Jacksonville's offense to score just enough.

Prediction:
Jets: 7
Jaguars: 13

What a game Dallas vs. Philly should be. Terrell's return should get him a huge boo, and so will his play on the field. The Philly secondary is horrible. Glenn and Owens should be able to tear that apart. Philly isn't that great in the first place, so don't expect them to do well this game. Let's hope for a huge hit on TO this game that would make Ronnie Lott say, "Ouch."

Prediction:
Dallas: 41
Philly: 19

Shittsburgh vs. San Diego: a battle of defense. The better defense should win here, and that is San Diego's. The pass rush is sick, and that linebacking core is gonna be able to stop the Squealers' OK rushing attack. Ben Roethlisberger has looked terrible so far. Don't expect that to be any different this game. Shittsburgh's defense relies on turnovers which is something San Diego doesn't do, and shouldn't do, at home this game.

Prediction:
Squealers: 12
Chargers: 17

Last, but certainly not least, we have the Ravens vs. Broncos game. We've got quite a ball game here. It's probably the first good one on MNF this year. The Broncos offense is pretty good with running from Tatum Bell. Their passing game is where they should be worried. They have inconsistensy there with Plummer, and he shouldn't be that this game: He's gonna do terrible the whole game. That pass rush will get after him, and he'll force throws which is exactly what the Ravens want. If their running game doesn't do well, they're screwed.

The Broncos' defense has been looking pretty good, but as usual their pass defense isn't that great. McNair and the receiving core should be able to manipulate their secondary if that's not the only thing they're defending. Jamal has to have a good game in order for that to happen. I think he can have a good game this game. I think he'll get 100 yards this game, but most of it won't come in the first half. He'll do well, and the Ravens should win this game.

Ravens: 17
Broncos: 13
nutsex7

Postby nutsex7 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:15 pm

skins giants looks like a good game. clinton portis vs tiki barber.
i think the skins will take this one becaus of santana moss
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm

sorry i trolled around. i thought it would be fun. it was fun for a little while but got old quick
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:38 am

*sigh* Oh well, we lost. It was a pretty good game throughout. Both defenses played great, but mistakes by the Ravens definitel cost them. An interception was thrown when there was a huge oppurtunity for a touchdown, costing the team at least three points.

Ah well, I thought we were gonna lose before I over-analyzed it. We match up well against that team usually, but this time, when we're having a great season, we lose. Jake Plummer played pretty good in the second half, and our defense started to slip at the end. That pick at the end totally killed us.

Besides the Ravens losing, it was a pretty good weekend for football. The Steelers are now 1-3. You have no idea how happy I was after that game. I couldn't get to sleep for 2 hours because of that. Phillip Rivers looks like he could be the great QB San Diego expected him to be.

Next week, I'm going to the game against Carolina. PM3:16, we're gonna own your asses. :twisted: :P Seriously, though, I think we're gonna win because we're at home. Carolina has played great lately, but the offense will have trouble running with our crowd. The D-line of the Panthers could be terrible for us, but if the offense plays them decently, I think we'll win the game.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:09 pm

carolinas a great team. and about that ravens game, turnovers. the ravens should try to stop them. theyre lucky thier defense held up. i only watched the first half though. carolinas D line is not terrible ethier. Mike Rucker and julias peppers and kris jenkins are good. thetyalso have steve smith and jake deholme. i can see them taking it but steve smith and the panthers offese will have to step it to beat that great defense.
anyway who else thinks donavon mcnabb rules. he has a great team and he just had a huge game passing it. hes also a great rushing qb. he can scramble for tds too. not many its ethier. only 1. 11 td passes and 3 rushing ones.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:15 pm

fattass12 wrote:carolinas D line is not terrible ethier.

I never said they were terrible. I said the D-line could be terrible for us meaning the Ravens. They have one of the best in the league- if not the absolute best. Julius Peppers and Mike Rucker are definitely great pass-rushers. Peppers is one of the fastest players in the league.

We should be able to handle Smith. He's a quick receiver, but he's not physical by any means. If McAlister has good bumps at the line, Smith shouldn't have a good day at all. Even if Smith is played softly, he shouldn't have that great of a day. The athleticism on our defensive line is gonna man-handle the offensive line of the Panthers.

Jake Delhomme isn't as good as people make him out to be. Without Steve Smith, he would suck. Keyshawn Johnson isn't as good as he once was, so he's not that reliable of a target. If Steve Smith is shut down, the offense won't move the ball at all. Their running game is one that won't be effective against the Ravens.

I hope the Ravens don't need to throw a jump ball to Clarence Moore again. He's a horrible receiver who's afraid to jump for the ball. There is no point for him to continue with the franchise. He should be cut from the team to open up another roster spot. His alligator arms are a sign that he shouldn't be in the NFL. It's been long enough for him to develop. He is not a reliable receiver in the red zone.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 pm

fattass12 wrote:Mike Rucker and julias peppers and kris jenkins are good. thetyalso have steve smith and jake deholme.

Wow, I don't think 1 name in there is spelt correctly.

As for the Panthers, overrated, living in Carolina, 'ive seen all their games and they are nowhere near the team they were last year. The plus side for them is that their defense is starting to come around(they were terrible the first coupleof games) They'll make the playoffs this year as a wild card, but not much more.
Setting the standard since 1852

Return to “Hot Topics”