Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Its my opinion, so shush.[/quote]

if u dont like football then why dont u go away.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:21 am

I think Fat's point is that we don't think it's okay for people to spam a Pokemon thread, so it's just as rude to spam a football thread.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:46 am

Hylian3 wrote:Its my opinion, so shush.

By coming in here, and saying that football is for chavs and retards, you're implying that we're chavs and retards. You don't think you'll get flamed for that, assh*le? f*ck you.

I think Portis is a big asset to their team. Honestly, I didn't think he would do well outside of Denver's running system, but he did. Moss and Randle El are both pretty good receivers. They're both deep threats, and Randle El is always great on a reverse for a pass, but I think the offensive line will keep them from doing too well.

Hines Ward won't be as good without Randle El, but I still think he'll be pretty good just not as good as in the past. The Ravens have a better receiving core, backfield and QB then them, so they'll do better then them this season. Our defense is better, too. They've got two tough games coming up, and I think they might come out of it 2-1. The Ravens could start out the season 5-1 very easily, and might be ahead of the division after 5 games.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:05 pm

Then, by God, I guess I'm a chav(wtf?) and a retard.

Anyway, the Panthers have the Minnesota Vikings today. Let's all hope they don't SUCK out loud like they did last week.

Steve Smith is still out with a hamstring injury and won't play today.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:13 pm

Steve McNair is really f*cking frustrating me right now. He's hasn't been accurate. I hope that gets better sometime this game. We've had nearly 3 trips inside the redzone, and come out with 9 points. Jamal's doing well, but we shouldn't put the whole offense on his shoulders. McNair needs to start throwing better passes, or else this game might be lost.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:49 pm

all steve mcnair has is a cannon for a arm. thats all that kyle boller has too. jonathon odgen is a great ofennsive linemen. he makes it easier to run. wat they need though is an acurrrate passer. u need to be acurrate nowdays. just being able to put heat on the ball isnt the only thing u need. accuracy make u better. peyton manning is a great example of this. they should have drafted a qb somewhere in thier draft.
and i hope portis and smith come back from thier injuries. mark brunnell needs a rb like portis and delhomme needs steve smith.

or else thier pretty much screwed.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:26 pm

Al he has is a cannon for an arm? How 'bout great leadership skills and the ability to run the two minute drill effectively? Trust me. He'll be doing great by the end of the year. He's got a pretty good receiving core around him, and if the offensive line keeps doing well, we'll go deep into the playoffs. He hasn't been that accurate because he's not used to the offense yet. That'll change by midseason.
master ed

Postby master ed » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:48 pm

I f*ckin told you the Bills would come back, they beat their rivals, the fricken dolphins! Man, Dante had a bad game, and Losman was pretty damn good.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:07 pm

The Dolphins aren't as good as people think they are. They have a lot of flaws. Their running game is terrible, and their defense isn't that great, either. It'd be a huge shock to see the Bills go par this season. Offensive line is terrible, and their receiving core ain't too hot. I'm sticking with my prediction of 5-11.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 pm

youre underating the phins. they have a back who has lots of potential. ronnie brown did get picked before carnell williams. he just needs more expierence because all he did was back up rickie williams. also i think the saints are better than people give them credit for. they were down 13-0 by turnovers the came back.
reggie and duece are a great package. combined you have a great power game and a speed threat. they just need to cut down on turnovers and they might make the playoffs this year.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:26 pm

Playoffs? No way this year. Average record? It's possible, but I don't think they'll do it. Their defense hasn't shown me anything, and their offense is what makes them do well. Bush is gonna be great. Brees will be pretty good, and their receiving core can do some damage as well. I don't see them making the playoffs because of their defense.

No, I'm not at all. What have they done so far this year? Nothing. They played a pretty crappy team, and lost today. The Steelers are overrated, and they played them at home...without Big Ben! Cullpepper has looked horrible, but that will probably get better. It's terrible to start off 0-2 especially when those games weren't that hard.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:55 am

i said they might if they can cut down on turnovers. they need to force more turnovers too.
the phins might start to heat up in the middle of the season but im guessing theyll go 8-8.
and the bills do stink. no offence or hardly any defensive playmakers. theyll go 5-11 at best.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:00 am

fattass12 wrote:i said they might if they can cut down on turnovers. they need to force more turnovers too.

Easier said then done. Turnovers are crucial in games. If you win the turnover battle, you'll probably win the game. Mistakes and capitalization on mistakes are the most important part of football. Capitalizing on turnovers and penalties are about 99% of what determines the final outcome of every game.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:51 am

Another underwhelming win for the 'Hawks. :lol:

Man, if teams can't beat us when we play somewhat sh*tty....imagine when we are clicking!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 pm

Good game tonight.

LET'S GO JAGUARS!

I'm gonna say
Jacksonville: 17
Pittsburgh: 14
OT

Although the Squealers did look good last week, the Dolphins didn't look too hot this week...AGAINST THE BILLS! It wasn't as legit of a win as I thought it was. Charlie Batch is gonna throw a couple of picks, and Leftwich will have a decent game. I think they're gonna drive down the field and have a last minute score to tie it up and send it to overtime. A Batch mistake will put the Jags in good position for a field goal.

Return to “Hot Topics”