Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:10 am

jags will probally get the big win because of DTs john henderson and marcus shroud. the jags also have fred taylor too. steelers suck. theyll lose
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:14 am

WOOT WOOT! Steelers lose in a defensive battle. I couldn't watch the game myself, but I saw some parts. It looks like the offense had some trouble. SHUTOUT, BITCH!
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:12 pm

nice job by the jags defese. under 35 rushing yards for the steelers. god, john henderson and marcus stroud clog up the middle and fred taylor picked it up in the second half. they have to try to get more tds instead of settling for a field goal every time
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:19 am

The Panthers need to get their act together, and so do the Bucs. They've both started off horribly, and this game is critical for both of them. It's a divisional game. They're both behind in their division, both have already lost to the Falcons. 0-3 is a terrible start. It isn't too often a team comes back from that, and makes it to the playoffs.
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Carolina got a TD in the first minute in their game against the Buccs. Chris Gamble intercepted the ball on one of TB's first plays. Maybe this will be their first win.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 pm

I think the Panthers are gonna take this one. And I think the Colts finally got a hold of the Jaguar's run game. 14-7 right now.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:01 pm

The Bucs are coming back, but I still think the Panthers are gonna take this one. Peyton's gotta throw an interception under pressure soon (I hope). Those two beasts in the middle of the Jags' D-Line will get to him sooner or later. The Squealers just went up 17-14 which sucks. I'll be pissed off if it goes either way because if the Steelers win, it's the Steelers: I f*cking hate 'em. And if the Bengals win, we'll still be tied for first place in the division.

The Chicago Minnesota game is looking like a good game. 6-3, Minnesota's winning. Chicago has the ball right now, though. I'm hoping Minnesota pulls this one out. I think the Bears have a better opportunity to go all the way because of their great defense, and I wouldn't like to play them in the Super Bowl.

This Ravens game later is gonna be a blow-out. I'm saying Reed has a good game. Frye's inexperience won't go unnoticed with this team. Suggs is gonna be all over him. A few safety and linebacker blitzes will cause a lot of pressure too. I'm looking for another high takeaway game for the Ravens with 4 possibly 5 turnovers.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:50 pm

chris sims made up for his horrible season start with that run. they could beat the panthers next time. sims didnt make up for all of those ints he needs td passes to make up for those ints. start someone else.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:16 pm

Eli Manning is pretty much having one of the worst games of his life right now. He's already got 3-4 INT's and it's the start of the 2nd quarter.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:00 am

fattass12 wrote:chris sims made up for his horrible season start with that run. they could beat the panthers next time. sims didnt make up for all of those ints he needs td passes to make up for those ints. start someone else.

Did you hear about him? He's got hospitalized after the game.

What a f*cking comeback for the Ravens! That was what we brought McNair here for. He had a great game with a great 2 minute drill. Mark Clayton looked excellent, and McNair and Mason were definitely on the same page. They had terrible playcalling, though. That 4th and 2 play was awful, and so was the last offensive play of the drive where Stover had that 52 yard field goal. 3-0 is a great start for us. We're gonna have to be better if we want to beat San Diego next year, though.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:18 pm

Rooster_Costume wrote:This Ravens game later is gonna be a blow-out.

So much for that.

And Shaun Alexander is out indefinately. I have 2 words for you, Madden Curse.

Simms might be lost lost for the season, the rookie from Toledo will be starting. So much for Uconns SB pick the way the early season has gone.
Setting the standard since 1852
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:32 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:
Rooster_Costume wrote:This Ravens game later is gonna be a blow-out.

So much for that.

Yep, I know. Charlie Frye played much better than I expected him to. He was aware that he could still pass when he was behind the line of scrimmage when he was looking to run. I thought Jamal would have a better game than he did. I give their defense a lot of credit in that game. They played pretty well against Jamal. The line wasn't doing sh*t against them. Jamal's runs were mostly because of his skill not the offensive line.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 pm

i just heard about sims. he'll be out for at least 5 weeks. i cant wait until the saints game tonight
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:42 pm

We've got some games today with teams from the AFC North. I hate being in this division. There are too many good teams. The Ravens have a great defense, and their offense is enough not to make mistakes so that the defense has to win the game with a score. The Steelers aren't lookin' too hot this year, but I think they'll get better (sadly). They have had a few tough games early. I still don't think they'll make the playoffs because of their terrible start.

Cincinnati has a great offense and a pretty good defense. Chad Johnson is always reliable, and Palmer has definitely become the elite QB everyone expected. They've got a good run-stopping defense. Their secondary is what worries me. I wish I hated them more than I do, but I love their coach, and Chad Johnson doesn't bother me at all. Cleveland competes well inside the division. They play tough football on defense, and Charlie Frye is looking surprisingly good. They're gonna do better than I originally predicted.

Now for today's games. The Ravens defense is gonna be all over Rivers. I'm looking for a bunch of turnovers from him. That all depends on how Tomlison does. If he does well, I don't see them passing that much therefore it will be hard to force a turnover from Rivers. They need to stop the running game so they can force turnovers. I can see them doing that. I'm looking for 3 turnovers. The crowd is gonna get to his head. It gets pretty loud in that stadium.

The Chargers defense is great especially their pass rush. They're good run-stoppers, and that will help them immensely. Jamal is gonna find a way late to break one big. I see a lot of field goals in this game. McNair is gonna throw a pick or two because of the pass rush. I think the short passes he throws will actually help us this game because of the pass rush. He needs to get outside of the pocket to slow the rush down a bit. We need to let them know that he can still run.

I'm looking for some slants and routes like that this game. The corners are probably the worst part of their defense, and that needs to be taken advantage of. Some good quick passes would make them come up more on the receivers so we can go over the top. Mason and Clayton are great receivers, and they could easily take advantage of the corners.

I say the Ravens win this game. The crowd will get to Rivers, and he'll throw a few picks. Possibly a Reed touchdown this game. Bart Scott is gonna do well. Ngata and Gregg need to block up Tomlison, and I think if they do that, the passing game will become more of a factor for San Diego, and he'll throw a pick.

Final prediction:
Chargers: 9
Ravens: 20
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Colts vs. Jets

My Prediction

Colts: 89

Jets: -3

:lol:

But seriously

Colts: 24

Jets: 10

Return to “Hot Topics”