Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 am

Broncos all the way. They defeated the Ravens the other day and I predict will have a great Season. yes Plummer is inconsistent but when he has a good game it's a great game.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:04 pm

Here's an interesting question for this thread:

Who will be the first to beat the Bears this season?

You read it! You can't unread it!
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:15 pm

I don't know... They've got a somewhat easy schedule which is here.

This team looks like they could go 15-1. They only have to real challenges for the rest of the season (Patriots and Giants). Their defense is tremendous, and their offense isn't looking too bad, either. Rex Grossman was supposed to be the weak point of that team, but he has done great.

I think they'll lose to the Giants first if the Giants play their cards right. The Bears are clearly the best team in the NFL. This team is a definite Super Bowl contendor.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 pm

that would be awesome if the bears went 15-1 or even 16-0. they beat seahawks (the seahawks have a pretty good team) and i think they should have a very successful season. no real challenge in that schedule. im a bears fan by the way and am glad that they can acually play offense. i hated it last year when kyle orton had to play and how horrible it was watching them play offense but theyre 2nd in the record books for points allowed per game (bucs are first) i just hope cedric benson can be a great rb in the future. he was outstanding in college and i hope his success in college carries over. not a very productive career so far though.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:57 am

^^^

A Bears fan and you live in Wisconsin? f*ckin' traitor!

But I guess it's payback for making the Bears our bitch for a decade and a half.

I don't believe the Bears will go undefeated. It just can't happen in today's NFL. There's enough talent out there to keep the '72 Dolphins safe in the record books. They'll probably lose it against either a division rival like the Vikings or a write off game against some AFC team.

You read it! You can't unread it!
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 pm

i dont think theyll lose against the and nfc north team. they might lose against the giants but i doubt that they wont lose to any weak ass packer team at the end of the season or to the jets. look at the last two games.

seattle vs bears w 37-6
bills vs bears w 40-7

they are on fire on defense. all these great plays make them fun to watch. oh and i think theyll lose to giants if they lose any games
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 am

I'm officially jumping on the Bears bandwagon, that game(Bears/Cards) was amazing.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:33 am

Yeah, that was a great game. I'm looking for a loss ASAP for the Bears. I can't stand seeing teams be so far ahead of the competition.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:54 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:I can't stand seeing teams be so far ahead of the competition.

I'm usually that way, but I like seeing teams try to go undefeated in the NFL just because I hate seeing the Dolphins rub it in everyone's face every year that they are the only undefeated team in the NFL. I was pulling for the Colts a couple of years ago, and I'm pulling for the Bears/Colts(they're still unbeaten too, but nobody talks about them now) to do it this year. With me, I hate dynasties, I like to see different teams every year.
Setting the standard since 1852
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:56 am

(Yes, I do feel the need to bring this thread back...so sue me.) What a f*cking week! The Bears lost for the first time this season....to the DOLPHINS! Seriously amazing. Rex Grossman is a terrible QB, and I knew he would end up screwing up eventually. All undefeated seasons come to the end in the NFL recently because of the very even level of competition. I don't think another team will go undefeated for a while.

And the Colts, we'll see tonight. I doubt they win this game. Peyton has a bad history against New England, and, it's quite cold up there tonight. Dome teams always have problems in New England. Tom Brady should have a feast against that terrible secondary, and the running game should take a toll on them, too. The Colts' run defense is just terrible, and, with the one-two punch of Maroney and Dillion, they should be able to control the game. I can't see Indy pulling this one out.

The Ravens' game...wow. There was such enthusiasm at the stadium today, and it was consistent. I can't remember one time on defense that I could hear anyone around me talking without yelling. They started off great with a fumble on the first return, scoring off of that, and then returned an INT for a touchdown. Seriously great start with a huge scare at the end. That was the dumbest play calling at the end of a game I've ever seen. Taking two delay of games, and then rolling out on fourth down and just throwing it away. They should have just taken the field goal right there, and sealed the game. I can't complain, though, because they won. :D

Now, I'm glad the Steelers are doing so terrible. They're down four in the division, and the Ravens are up by two on the Bengals in the division. The loss of Randle El and Jerome Bettis was evidently huge. Roethlisberger has been lucky the past few years. He's had a lot of fluke plays go his way, and those aren't happening this year; they're turning into INTs. They're basically done for the season. :D

EDIT: V Damn straight!
Last edited by Rooster_Costume on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:12 am

Damn. I need to start posting here more often to tell Tyler that the Ravens are so much better than the Bears. GO RAVENS!
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
cartmans jockstrap

Postby cartmans jockstrap » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:30 am

Everton for the league and cup
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:49 am

This is American football we're talking about. :?
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:03 am

I'm telling ya the Broncos are taking it this year. They won 5 of their first 6 games and have an impressive record thus far.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:15 am

They need to show that they can beat Indy first. I don't think Indy will win a Super Bowl any time soon, though. They're winning games during the season, but offense won't take them to the Super Bowl. Their defense isn't good enough to pull them through.

However, I don't think Denver will be the team to beat them. They got better two weeks ago(?) against them, but, yeah, they still lost. The game would probably be in Indy, too, so, yeah. You need to beat Indy before you can get your Super Bowl hopes up unless, somehow, you do NOT play them in the playoffs. The Broncos usually end up playing them in the playoffs- and it's usually a blowout.

Denver does have all the elements to win a Super Bowl, but, meh, Indy is such a huge slump of yours and it would be in Indy- a place you haven't won at in a while. The defense is great, and the offense is pretty decent. Plummer has a huge impact on how they do on offense. He's one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL - if not the most. If he does well in the playoffs, and you can get over that hump in Indy, I say you have a good chance.

I love the shape the Ravens are in. ;D It's great. Great comeback last week. We won the game at the end. That was great coaching adjustments at halftime. Jesus, they really got the defense together - they didn't get a point scored on them in the second half. The offense had a great comeback, too. Steve McNair is right up there - maybe higher - with Tom Brady in the greatest leaders of the two minute drill. Seriously, great. We have everything to make it to the Super Bowl.

I feel like looking at schedules to see what seeds the playoff teams are gonna get. :B.....Actually, not really. ;B I think the Ravens can get a bye in the playoffs. We've got two very winnable games the next two weeks in Home against Atlanta and Pittsburgh. We could come out of those two games 9-2. I'm expecting two losses at Kansas City and Cincinatti because they're good teams. The Ravens have had match-up problems with both of those teams. I'm really looking for a sweep of Pittsburgh. It definitely can happen seeing how bad the Steelers are doing, but those games are always interesting. The home team usually prevails.

Return to “Hot Topics”