Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:34 am

^ How can I forget? With any luck, Hass will perform better with the ball than with his mouth.

Well, Pittsburgh did have another of their trademark rallies, only to have it spoiled by a last-minute field goal by Jacksonville. Jags win 31-29!

It just keeps getting better!!
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Football

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:33 am

I know I shouldn't brag, but, I got all my Wild Card predictions right! (I can't believe no one else I knew though that the Giants could beat Tampa Bay!)

The standings now are:

AFC

Jacksonville at New England

San Diego at Indianapolis

NFC

NY Giants at Dallas

Seattle at Green Bay



Discuss.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:57 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I know I shouldn't brag, but, I got all my Wild Card predictions right! (I can't believe no one else I knew though that the Giants could beat Tampa Bay!)

The standings now are:

AFC

Jacksonville at New England

San Diego at Indianapolis

NFC

NY Giants at Dallas

Seattle at Green Bay



Discuss.


No foolin'. I thought for sure the Bucs would put up more of a struggle. Ah, well, three out of four isn't bad, as far as my guessing goes.

I don't forsee any real upsets in next weekend's games. I can only guess that the closest game will be Seattle/Green Bay, and providing that Hasslebeck doesn't pull any "guarantee" sh*t, that may be the Upset Special. So, basically...

Pats over Jags
Colts over Chargers
Cowboys over Giants
Seahawks over Packers?

Of course, I remember our road record not being great this year, but hopefully, we got all that out of the way. Don't wanna look foolish in a playoff game.
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Football

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:53 am

My predictions:

New England over Jacksonville

Indianapolis over San Diego

Dallas over NY Giants

Green Bay over Seattle (sorry, Angus).
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 am

^ No problem, mf42. I almost said GB, myself. Somehow, I just feel it will be a tight one out on the Frozen Tundra.

(That phrase just isn't the same without that John Fazenda--sic?--voice.)
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Football

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Bring it on, Angus! We're ready for ya.

Hey, can you ask Matt Hasslebeck if he has any predictions for this game? :lol:

But seriously, Go Pack!
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
cheesypoofs857
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: Football

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Am I the only one interested in college teams?

Seeing how I have my life planned out for me, YEAH, SON! GEAUX LSU!!

Just thought I'd share my two cents. :D
Image
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:53 am

I was rather disappointed in Ohio State, but then again, in a season full of upsets, what's another dethroning from the #1 spot, right?

As we get closer to this week's playoffs, I get more and more nervous about the SEA/GB matchup, since the 'Hawks are on the road, where they've been the most inconsistent.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Football

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:28 pm

So our Seattle - Green Bay match up turned into a good old fashioned Lambeau snow bowl. Seattle's offense must have missed the plane or something. Even though the Packers spotted the Seahawks 14 points, the game was all Green Bay.

Ryan Grant more than made up for his two early fumbles by rushing for over 200 yards and scoring three TD's.

As expected, New England beat Jacksonville. Nothing more to say about that.

We'll see who wins today, now. I'd like to see the Giants upset the Cowboys, for obvious reasons. C'mon, NFC championship game at Lambeau!
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:02 am

triplemultiplex wrote:So our Seattle - Green Bay match up turned into a good old fashioned Lambeau snow bowl. Seattle's offense must have missed the plane or something. Even though the Packers spotted the Seahawks 14 points, the game was all Green Bay.

Ryan Grant more than made up for his two early fumbles by rushing for over 200 yards and scoring three TD's.

As expected, New England beat Jacksonville. Nothing more to say about that.

We'll see who wins today, now. I'd like to see the Giants upset the Cowboys, for obvious reasons. C'mon, NFC championship game at Lambeau!


"Ask, and ye shall receive..."

Giants will play Packers in the Frozen Tundra next Sunday. And sure 'nuff, Packers'll take it.

And how about those Chargers?! A big ol' upset in Indy as they held off the Colts.

So the Bolts will visit the same Pats who beat them soundly early in the season, and so it will be again.

Super Bowl prediction: Pats over Packers...sorry, tmp, but can ANYBODY beat these guys??
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Football

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Wooooo! NFC Championship game at Lambeau! Way to go, New York.

AngusMcTavish wrote:And how about those Chargers?! A big ol' upset in Indy as they held off the Colts.


Who would've guessed that Eli would be the Manning playing in a conference championship this season?

AngusMcTavish wrote:Super Bowl prediction: Pats over Packers...sorry, tmp, but can ANYBODY beat these guys??


We'll give it our damnedest, assuming the Pack can stave off those plucky Giants.

This game is going to be an Ice Bowl. The forecasted high Sunday in GB is in the single digits. And kickoff isn't until 5:30 local time. By the time it's over, the temperature will probably be below zero. Wouldn't stop me from going if I had tickets. I'd just dress like I was going ice fishing. No problemo.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Football

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:55 am

The Chargers better pray for bad weather or something to disrupt the Pats...

Oh, and did anybody see the Terrell Owens incident? Seriously, I think that dude has mental issues. No joke, that's serious.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:59 am

Never really liked Terrell Owens. It was his pie hole that got him in trouble with the Eagles, and then there he was in Dallas last year, whining about being underused or whatever.

Personally, I would assume: If you lead the league in dropped balls, don't you think they'd throw to you less often?

Now this. :roll:
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Football

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:03 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Never really liked Terrell Owens. It was his pie hole that got him in trouble with the Eagles, and then there he was in Dallas last year, whining about being underused or whatever.

Personally, I would assume: If you lead the league in dropped balls, don't you think they'd throw to you less often?

Now this. :roll:


They're paying too much money to keep him on that team.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:52 am

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:07 am

You're not lying about that.

When he was fussing while in Philly, a guy I worked with at the time said that he listened to his agent a little too much, and that was the main reason that led him to act like such a b!tch.

I think Gilbert Gottfried said it best last year. He dressed as a Cowboy fan and entered a bar full of Giants fans, and at one point, he said this:

"Let's all bow our heads for a moment of silence for Terrell Owens!"

Amen, dude!

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest