The Thread That Must Not Be Named

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

kayge

Postby kayge » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:30 pm

wow.. i'm impressed.. nafb was so offended by those guys that he started "ignoring" them...
it's like some cool club..
i want in! :D
COOKY36

NAFB this is not you thread

Postby COOKY36 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:41 pm

Hey SMART*SS,
NAFB you did not start this thread Nojo did. this is not a thread to discuss your conspiracy theories. it is a site Started by Nojo. I think it was just a fun place place to slam people on the BBS. You sir just like to make yourself a target. so put on your bullseye T shirt, hop up on the plank, rant all you want and don't act so surprised when you get slammed.
other wise you serve no perpous. I've heard Your Thoughts for over twenty years. and they mean nothing. you are the man on the street corner screaming so loud no one can hear you. I can't debate you, you don't listen to others or coprehend others.
keep ranting, we are enjoying the show
opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one and all i've checked stink. and i checked alot
nojo

Postby nojo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:54 am

For the benefit of our new Hot Topics audience, a brief recap...

This thread was launched in the wake of an epic flame war with a new troll to the site -- someone whose theories about race, history and sociology are most peculiar. Moments after his original thread was locked in the heat of battle, I launched this thread in Off-Topic so we could blow off some steam.

(The Potteresque title is something of an inside joke -- the name of the flame thread had been changed three times, and the thread itself had been moved once.)

We thought that was the end of the story, but of course it wasn't, and Troll #1 was quickly joined by Troll #2 as an object of our sporting derision. Like any good conversation, the thread has also digressed here and there into other topics of mutual interest.

I claim no ownership of the thread, but as the instigator, I do feel some responsibility as host -- or barkeeper, in the spirit of things. And you'll note that one of the trolls likes to make a special appearance from time to time, just to liven things up.

And with that, we rejoin our sexual innuendos, already in progress...
JDG128

Postby JDG128 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:44 am

An excellent recap, nojo. I've been away from the BBS the last few days, I miss anything good? I see Notty's still here. Hey, hey Notty, how you doin'? How's it hanging? Speaking of which, you set a date for that castration yet? I wanna know when to celebrate.
nojo

Postby nojo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 am

Notty springs eternal, as you know, but there was a notable encounter this morning in General Discussion, starting in the "New Here" thread and spreading to a couple of quickly locked stubs.

He also did a cameo in the official Cartman thread, and may have continued there, but I don't have it in me to chase him across the board.

Completely off subject -- I'm debating whether to disturb the Smug Alert thread with this -- I just watched "Good Night and Good Luck", which reminds me of what I once enjoyed about journalism. Ed Murrow takes an historic stand for a free press -- backed, if somewhat reluctantly, by the CBS owner.

CBS, now owned by Viacom. And Fred Friendly (Murrow's producer) played by the movie's director.

That's right. George Clooney.
kayge

Postby kayge » Mon May 01, 2006 12:43 am

we've still got this thread..
keep mockery and the joy it brings alive!
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon May 01, 2006 12:56 am

While I appreciate the "Hot Topic" status, I actually think the thread should be allowed to thrive (or fester...) in its Off-Topic native habitat, where we can all indulge ourselves without getting in the way of everyone else. I fear the transplant may have actually moved this out of sight.

(Then again, Trollbusters is still unlocked, if someone wants to freshen that up...)
GothKidsDance

Postby GothKidsDance » Wed May 03, 2006 9:34 am

Wow, what a nut!

Didn't he say something about talking to kids before they got brainwashed by the jews or zionist whatevers? Turns out that instead of worrying about anti-smoking, ant-drugs, and underage drinking campains, we should have been been focusing on anti-crackpot conspiracy theories campaigns. I can just see it now... "Wacky Weasel and Conspiracy Bear say 'Don't listen to nazis, kids". Hilarious
COOKY36

Postby COOKY36 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:52 pm

DING-DONG THE TROLL IS DEAD!!!!
sorry to yell but. Big will has kicked NAFB off... again.
it's been over week since Hess has posted
are there any other trolls out there to laugh at (post duplicated at Troll busters)
opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one and all i've checked stink. and i checked alot
NotAFanBoy

Postby NotAFanBoy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:45 am

of what?
Recnahs

Postby Recnahs » Tue May 09, 2006 1:48 am

Any one realize that he is on constantly and has more posts in less then one month then anyone besides SM109? He is always posting, he never got kicked off, your just one of the lucky ones who hasn't seen his arrogant dribble drabble.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Tue May 09, 2006 1:49 am

He's got a higher post rate than me. :shock:
Recnahs

Postby Recnahs » Tue May 09, 2006 1:53 am

Your post rate is like, 100 per hour. it really is.
NotAFanBoy

Postby NotAFanBoy » Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 am

Recnahs wrote:Your post rate is like, 100 per hour. it really is.

Nah, I have never posted that much. Must be a glitch in the post counter. I had same problem with my phpbboard. It fixes itself eventually.
Recnahs

Postby Recnahs » Tue May 09, 2006 9:50 pm

NotAFanBoy wrote:
Recnahs wrote:Your post rate is like, 100 per hour. it really is.

Nah, I have never posted that much. Must be a glitch in the post counter. I had same problem with my phpbboard. It fixes itself eventually.

Yeah that happens but I was talking to S_J.

Return to “Hot Topics”