Love or Hate President Bush?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:37 am

luxurious wrote:Cool to hate Bush? You all must be in highschool

Yea, I am.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 am

President Bush had the tremendously important responsibility to communicate to the world why democracy and free markets are important to the safety and prosperity of not only Americans but all of mankind, but instead he's never read a book in his life, he's been handed every opportunity he's ever had (and squandered), and instead of upping the debate and challenging the world to be better, he's spent 6 years stammering through platitudes about the importance of a term (freedom) he knows virtually nothing about (as evidenced primarily by his firm yet incorrect belief that somehow freedom can be imposed).

I have very little respect for George W. Bush other than the respect I give anyone who is the president of my country.

But even then, until George W. Bush, people had a profound respect for the type of man it took to be President of the United States of America. In 6 short years he's obliterated that notion and replaced it with the incredibly dangerous reality that all it takes to get ahead in our government and society is knowing the right people.

What in the Hell kind of an example is that? What in the Hell kind of society accepts that?

I only wish that Kerry had been elected. Not because I think he'd have been a better president than Bush (I think he would have been worse, actually), but because a Democratic president and two Republican houses would have meant 4 years of political stalemate, which is about the best thing you can hope for out of our system. Ask Bill Clinton.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Lord Worm

Postby Lord Worm » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 am

am indifferent.beacause bush has a good and a bad side.hes a good catholic but definately is f*cked up in making decission.but i dunt want him as president again.
töten Sie alle Juden
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:56 am

Lord Worm wrote:am indifferent.beacause bush has a good and a bad side.hes a good catholic but definately is f*cked up in making decission.but i dunt want him as president again.

Isn't he a Methodist? He's not a Catholic.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:56 am

I can't help but feel sorry for Bush. He's not overly intelligent, he's not a great speaker, and he has a poor understanding of a lot of current issues.

Iraq, more than anything else, turned the public against him. The handling economy and internal corruption didn't help either.

However, he's blamed for a lot of things he has little or no control over. He's a convenient scapegoat for all the problems the nation has.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:10 am

GO BUSH!!!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
Lord Worm

Postby Lord Worm » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:22 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Lord Worm wrote:am indifferent.beacause bush has a good and a bad side.hes a good catholic but definately is f*cked up in making decission.but i dunt want him as president again.

who cares if hes catholic or methodist.he still belives in jesus rite.
töten Sie alle Juden
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:45 pm

Invading Iraq meant that resources and funding had to be redirected from the operation in Afghanistan. In doing so we let Osama bin Laden and the remnants of the Taliban regime get away. Either way it's a half-assed job.

Also nobody is denying that Saddam Hussein was bad, or that we're better off without him in power. However he was not the world's most evil dictator, nor was he as much of a threat as some people make him out to be. Pretty much the only thing that was wrong with Iraq under Saddam was the man who was in charge. There are other regimes that are far worse than Saddam ever was: Sudan, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia are a few examples that come readily to mind. In addition to the civilian and US casualties of the Iraq war, the deaths that have occurred under these dictatorships while we've been occupying Iraq are also a cost that needs to be taken into account. I would much rather we have gone after the worst dictators first, or devoted all of our efforts to finishing what we started in Afghanistan.

Pre-emption is not self defense, and 9/11 should never be used as a universal excuse. By that logic it would be justified for other nations to bomb the US in case we ever think of attacking them. There are certainly legitimate reasons to want Saddam out of power, but 9/11 and "get him before he gets us" are not among them.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:46 pm

I've hated Bush even before it was cool to so so. He's just a dumbass who basically acts as a puppet for the evil Dick Cheney. The other reason we went to war in Iraq (besides oil) was that George Jr. wanted to finish what his dad couldn't accomplish in the Persian Gulf War and make George Sr. proud.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:

He's some kind of born-again Southern faith that hates abortion but thinks it's okay to kill gay people. Something like that.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:56 pm

George Bush has completely ruined the international credibility of the United States with that Iraq clusterfuck. Even if Iran was remotely close to having a functional nuclear reactor and intelligence suggests they're going for a bomb, who's gonna trust us this time?

George Bush champions this concept of "freedom" everywhere he goes, but under his administration the rights of his own citizens are swept aside in the name of "the War on Terror".

Together with a Republican held Congress, Bush is trying to bankrupt the US for some reason by throwing chump change at the poor and middle class in order to distract them from the millions and millions his tycoon buddies get from us taxpayers.

And then there's Katrina. That would've been a complete disaster regardless of who's in charge, but it was exasserbated by Bush's appointement of a horse ranching buddy to the head of FEMA, Bush & Cheney & a bunch of other higher ups being too busy vacationing to come in and do some actual leading right when we needed it the most and years of pouring billions of dollars into protecting us from "terror" so that we're totally unprepared for an actual real danger.

Now that it's an election year, it's no surprise our Republican friends are wasting everyone's time trying to ban gay marriage and imposing more censorship on the media to make sure they're lunatic base lets them keep their jobs. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back that ridiculous color coded terror alert thingy that fell off the face of the Earth after Bush was re-elected.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:21 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Now that it's an election year, it's no surprise our Republican friends are wasting everyone's time trying to ban gay marriage and imposing more censorship on the media to make sure they're lunatic base lets them keep their jobs.

And the saddest thing is, it's actually working...
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:49 pm

^^

And not to mention the big fat freebe a few idiot Democrats gave them with that pointless resolution to pull troops out in a year. Getting away from the retarded "cut & run" talking point, they are right on one thing. We cannot set a date for troop withdrawl because the insurgents will just wait us out. We broke it, we bought it and now we have to fix it. I'd be surprised if there isn't a significant US military presence in Iraq still in 2010.

Besides, if we left, how would we make them sell us thier oil? Because that's what this is really about: Strategic petroleum resources. WMD's and Saddam's crimes against humanity are all excuses to secure a long term source of oil for the US.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:55 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Besides, if we left, how would we make them sell us thier oil? Because that's what this is really about: Strategic petroleum resources. WMD's and Saddam's crimes against humanity are all excuses to secure a long term source of oil for the US.

Just good old fashioned human greed....It knows no boundries.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:46 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Now that it's an election year, it's no surprise our Republican friends are wasting everyone's time trying to ban gay marriage and imposing more censorship on the media to make sure they're lunatic base lets them keep their jobs.

And the saddest thing is, it's actually working...

Oh yeah, the whole thing with him banning Gay marriage is a very obvious distraction tatic.

Return to “Hot Topics”