The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Yesterday I ended up being somewhat drunk at work (at a bar) because the boss made us all take Jägermeister shots together and I had already drunk a couple of beers during work (because we're allowed to do that) :) The boss is a super cool and laid back guy. The whole town loves him <3 I made some Irish guy sing an Irish song to pay for his vodka shot because he was bothered by the boss giving it to him for free x) The bar got closed at 3 but people left about at 4 and we, the staff, left about at 9 AM. We stayed there drinking (on the bar) and preparing ourselves toast. I just love that job =)
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Some guy from around here was found beaten up in a dumpster behind Chili's.

I don't know, that's all that's going on today. God, I hate Sundays.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 pm

:( I don't want to go find a job. I like being able to pick up and go somewhere whenever I want, but I wind up spending most of my time around here doing nothing, and that gets boring. And it's not like I've got any money coming in either. I think I'm just afraid of getting locked into a lowly position for 5 years again like with the mailroom job. And that's another thing, I keep saying "oh, I'll work anywhere until I get my A+ certification, and can get a good job working on computers"... and when I see they're hiring at Kroger's or Sears... "Oh, I don't want to work there, what if someone I know sees me working there." :roll: I also hate the fact that these Microsoft A+ certification tests cost $150 each to take (there are 2 tests I need to take for said certification), and I didn't feel too confident about taking them because I don't feel that I really learned anything (useful) from that instructor. It's kind of like with the MS networking classes I took for a while. When I spent $90 on one test, and failed it miserably, I panicked and changed my major. I ought to just go and take the tests anyway, see how bad I do, and see what I need to concentrate on.

Well, that's my rant for this quarter.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 am

BRMBug wrote:It wasn't removed. It was just locked because there were a million posts on it.

And it was all 1337!
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 am

I watched A Clockwork Orange. What an f'ed up movie. It was...so disturbing yet it was amazing. Kubrick always knew how to take a normal shot and make it something more. He could make you feel uncomfortable with the length of time he would spend on one camera angle. Just a great movie, even though at first I didn't really get it.

But now I do.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
tase_me

Postby tase_me » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 am

I am going on a self-induced sleep-deprivation psychological experiment, to put myself in a state of temporary insanity. So far i have not slept for 30 hours straight. I want to continue until I get hallucinations.
I am also listening to an ultra-slowed down track from Jesus Christ Superstar which is lulling me. ..lullingmem.e
TPASSS

Postby TPASSS » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:00 am

tase_me wrote:I am going on a self-induced sleep-deprivation psychological experiment, to put myself in a state of temporary insanity. So far i have not slept for 30 hours straight. I want to continue until I get hallucinations.

My mother once HAD to stay up for around 96 hours, and compared the hallucinations to a hit of LSD (she was a hippy back in the day)

Anyway I was able to crash my fathers computer 3 times in 1 day! HAPPY DAYS!!
[img:62e47]http://pixpack.net/20070702140132927_tlerufmidd.jpg[/img:62e47]
[img:62e47]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/kylerules0592/rainboW3.png[/img:62e47]
Feel free to copy my userbar, because everybody knows it's true!
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:13 am

JesusComplex wrote:I watched A Clockwork Orange. What an f'ed up movie. It was...so disturbing yet it was amazing. Kubrick always knew how to take a normal shot and make it something more. He could make you feel uncomfortable with the length of time he would spend on one camera angle. Just a great movie, even though at first I didn't really get it.

But now I do.

That's a great movie.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 am

I agree. xD It's so twisted, but it is really awesome. Just, strange.. he's a strange dude.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:57 pm

^Another really amazing director is Tim Burton. Seriously, all of his movies have this surreal feel to them, but unfortunately some people just write him off as "creepy." (Which is one of the reasons why my first roommate hated me; I had all my Tim Burton movie posters on my half of the room. XD)

So... summer school went relatively well. I got an A (98%) in my psychology class for sure, and I'm still waiting on my theology grade (most likely an A-minus or B-plus, but as long as my GPA is well above 3.5 I'm happy.)

Flat Pennies is the awesomest place to work ever. Even though my bosses keep wanting me to fill in for them (because I'm a manager and everything...) the work is really fun. Alex (one of my coworkers) and I spent our down-time one night turning everything we said into an opera.

Oh, and Fullmetal Alchemist is my new favourite anime. 8D

And about the name change... I had been wanting to change my name since March for various reasons. If I listed them all I'd be here all night.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Ah-ha! Seriously, a discussion on my territory! I just finished my film and television degree with minors in American studies and creative writing. I think this makes me a qualified SPS PA :wink: :lol:

Blue Twilight wrote:Another really amazing director is Tim Burton. Seriously, all of his movies have this surreal feel to them, but unfortunately some people just write him off as "creepy." (Which is one of the reasons why my first roommate hated me; I had all my Tim Burton movie posters on my half of the room. XD)

I wouldn't call Tim Burton surreal, he has more of a morbid and black sense of humour, which, surprisingly, works really well in his films that are suitable for the whole family. His films have a creepy vibe that seem to relate to everybodys' level, which is a fantastic and rare quality for any media.

I love Tim Burton's films. I also rate Kevin Smith (his fascination with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg films and his sense of humour with drugs and hero worship are unique. Clerks is so dry witted, it's mesmorising), Hayao Miyazaki (his films are more enchanting than Disneyland, fairies and a bunny in a hat all rolled into one) and Steven Soderbergh (whose films are gritty and realistic and the epitome of celluloid cool).

OK, I think I've bored you nice people enough now.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:51 pm

I really like Ang Lee and David Cronenberg movies.

Also, Pan's Labyrinth is a beautiful movie. Everytime I saw the shot of the Captain shaving it just blew my mind. It's such a simple shot but it has so much more. I just loved it.

Check out my movies on IMDB :

http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=11998136
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Here goes my sig count. I'll try to go in the order that I had them.

1. My Dethklok sig

2. That Cartman Cop and Barbrady sig that TPASS made for me(Man I wish I still had that one...)

3. My Chuck Norris sig

4. Guilty Gear Compilation sig 1

5. Guilty Gear Compilation sig 2

6. Guilty Gear Compilation sig 3

7. Testament sig

8. A.B.A sig 1

9. Axl Low sig

10. Anji Mito sig

11. Holy Order Sol, Ky Kiske, and Dizzy sig

12. A.B.A sig 2

13. Robo-Ky sig

14. Slayer sig

Wow...14
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm

RFAM: JUST this minute, my USB Mouse has stopped working. Now, (for the moment) I'm back to fingers-on-a-touchpad navigation on my laptop. :x
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 pm

I clean about 20 toilets a day :lol:

Return to “Hot Topics”