The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:45 am

Edduyasha wrote:I have a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, 6x8 inches.

Duuude! Me too! Aren't they awesome?

Man, I wanna actually go into animation for a career and stuff, but I can't really start learning it again until I go off to college/university/whatever. I was able to take multimedia last year but I have absolutely no room for it in my time table for next year, nor for grade 12, 'cause I'm a full IB kid and that leaves me room for nothing.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:14 am

iceiwynd wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:I have a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet, 6x8 inches.

Duuude! Me too! Aren't they awesome?

Man, I wanna actually go into animation for a career and stuff, but I can't really start learning it again until I go off to college/university/whatever. I was able to take multimedia last year but I have absolutely no room for it in my time table for next year, nor for grade 12, 'cause I'm a full IB kid and that leaves me room for nothing.

They rock! I don't think I'd be very capable in Photoshop without it...

Aye...come think of it, I'm trying to work a little concept Flash animation as of this post- Kenny in Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness"... I've got...let's see...two frames done?

:wink:

I understand, I was going to do IB until I found out I was accepted into the school I am in now...I hear it's hard work, but it's probably worth it...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:40 am

On the points that Jaydaw brought up, I don't hunt, (I know plenty of people that do) but I do fish from time to time. Strictly catch and release though. I haven't had much luck recently, but I only go fishing from the shore, a dock or jetty (as long as it's free), as I don't have a boat available to me.

EDIT: HA HA HA HA HA!!! Thunderhorse lives a block over from Satan post-wise. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:51 am

Bug, your new signature is looking terrific!

Also, I has tablet, but it isn't that good. I'm gonna buy a Wacom some time in the future, as I hear they're a lot better. I also actually plan on doing digital art soon, by the way.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:22 am

Edduyasha wrote:I understand, I was going to do IB until I found out I was accepted into the school I am in now...I hear it's hard work, but it's probably worth it...

Ehh, I wouldn't really say it's hard work... Then again, I only had one true IB course last year, since everything else was pre-IB, and I'd been doing a double curriculum since... well, hell, junior kindergarten if you want to count that. I didn't notice much of a change in work last year, but I'm sure it'll pop up this year.

What really has me f*cked is physics. What scares me even more is that my friend who's much, much better at science than I'll ever be said that she'd have to ask me for help... and I'm crap at science. God knows why I'm taking physics.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 am

Don't worry about it, I took Physics twice and looked how I dun turned owt.

But seriously, don't worry about it. I blow at math, yet somehow I was able to get through Physics with a B.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:30 am

But it's higher level physics! And I was crap at it last year!

(Please do note that crap for me was below 80%. I've since adjusted my standards a little... but only for science and math.)
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Am I the only one here who actually "likes" Maths - not just being able to do it...but actually has an interest in the subject? :? Science is a definite no-go area for me. The sky is blue, the grass is green, gravity just exists and every area of our body is really hard to memorise - that's pretty much all I'll need to know.

Thank God for University - no more word-writing based subjects and no more paper-wasting on notes I usually just chuck in the bin. And HELLO...computers and art-rooms! :D :D :D
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Why is everyone a "book worm"? I don't suck at school, but I fail sometimes due to homework.

Take last year for example.
My english teacher wanted me to go into an advanced english class, but I said that homework would make me fail. Then I failed her class due to homework and class work, eventhough I got high grades on the tests.

My spelling and grammar isn't that good. She thought I was excellent at debates and other crap though, so much so that she suggested a higher english class.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:54 pm

EPAF wrote:Am I the only one here who actually "likes" Maths - not just being able to do it...but actually has an interest in the subject? :? Science is a definite no-go area for me. The sky is blue, the grass is green, gravity just exists and every area of our body is really hard to memorise - that's pretty much all I'll need to know.

Thank God for University - no more word-writing based subjects and no more paper-wasting on notes I usually just chuck in the bin. And HELLO...computers and art-rooms! :D :D :D

I really hated maths, yet I did double maths and statistics at high school. Science is also a no for me, but I'm good at biology and I'm good with body processes but that's only because it's all research for my on going struggle to find a cure for diabetes. :D

My favourite subjects at school were art, French, German, Spanish and English. I'm definitely a creative person.

Hey, Jordan, I guess you're going to uni then? How did you do on your a-levels?
Email notifications do matter, people.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:15 pm

We're about to have...

(in the melody of O' Tannenbaum)

[i:00262]Ett kräftkalas, ett kräftkalas
Det är kalas med fulla glas.

Men finns det bara tumma glas,
så är det inget kräftkalas.

Ett kräftkalas, ett kräftkalas
Det är kalas med fulla glas...[/i:00262]

Meaning...

[i:00262]The crabfest, the crab fest
it's a fest with a full glas.

But if there's only an empty glas,
so it isn't a crabfest.

The crabfest, the crabfest
it's a fest with a full glas.[/i:00262]

(What you mean 'dum'?! :cartmanlaugh:)

For those, probably all of you, who don't know what the crab fest is, it's a stupid tradition mostly among Finland-Swedish people... It doesn't matter which day you have it, as long as it's in August. And then you just eat crabs and drink vodka and sing drinking songs with your friends/ family/ relatives...
jaydawGtwo04

Postby jaydawGtwo04 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:09 pm

BRMBug wrote:On the points that Jaydaw brought up, I don't hunt, (I know plenty of people that do) but I do fish from time to time. Strictly catch and release though. I haven't had much luck recently, but I only go fishing from the shore, a dock or jetty (as long as it's free), as I don't have a boat available to me

I fished once, catch and release....it's pretty fun but the thought of putting a hook through a fish's lip just goes through me
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:46 pm

I have never caught a fish with a pole, amazing I know. But I was in the city canals in Stockton CA and caught a fish with my hands under a bridge and lipped it! :lol: Of course I let him go. So many people come here to fish, you might have heard of or seen "The Duel On The Delta" on ESPN, thats where I'm from.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Compared to you guys, I'm a murderous lunatic when it comes to fishing.

In other news, I'm taking a short break from the BBS. I'll come back whenever the hell I want.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Today I got some of the Jerky making things I ordered out of Cabela's, soon I will have all the supplies needed for my jerkification ray!... And if say thats not a real word, Then I'll turn into JERKY!! :twisted:

EDIT: Its settings will be; stun, kill, and Hickory!

Return to “Hot Topics”