The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Hat_DX27

Re: Randome Thread, part II

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:10 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:I have an Ubantu OS on a disk, that I installed on one of my computers, but due to the lack of software,(damn Windows has all the support) I switched it back to Windows XP Professional SP2. But I did like the style of that Linux, and I might switch back to it on one of these computers. (I want to try something new besides Windows.)

Are you aware of Ubuntu’s software repository? You can access it using the Synaptic package manager. Also, if you’re going to try Linux again, check out Kubuntu, the KDE version. I like that desktop better than Ubuntu’s GNOME desktop. If you’re using Kubuntu, than go to the K Start Menu, and go to Add or Remove Software, and you’ll have a big list of neat things you can download and install. Both Synaptic and Adapt (Kubuntu) download the software and any dependencies and installs them automatically. The only thing you have to do is accept some agreements every now and again. It’s f*cking cool. Also, play around with WINE, the thing that lets you run Windows apps on the Linux platform.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I have an Ubantu OS on a disk, that I installed on one of my computers, but due to the lack of software,(damn Windows has all the support) I switched it back to Windows XP Professional SP2. But I did like the style of that Linux, and I might switch back to it on one of these computers. (I want to try something new besides Windows.)

Are you aware of Ubuntu’s software repository? You can access it using the Synaptic package manager. Also, if you’re going to try Linux again, check out Kubuntu, the KDE version. I like that desktop better than Ubuntu’s GNOME desktop. If you’re using Kubuntu, than go to the K Start Menu, and go to Add or Remove Software, and you’ll have a big list of neat things you can download and install. Both Synaptic and Adapt (Kubuntu) download the software and any dependencies and installs them automatically. The only thing you have to do is accept some agreements every now and again. It’s f*cking cool. Also, play around with WINE, the thing that lets you run Windows apps on the Linux platform.

Mabey I'll try it on my secondary PC. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:27 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:

Mabey I'll try it on my secondary PC. :wink:

Hey, if you do try it again and you need some help, don’t be afraid to PM me. :D

Ok, RANDOM! ...uhh....YAY LONG WEEKEND FOR CANADA PEOPLE!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:32 pm

Why is that? I have a 2 week break weekend right now!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 pm

Canada has Thanksgiving in October. And lucky you, with your long two-weeks-off!
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:43 pm

Awww! I only get 3 days off!
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Re: Random Fact About Yourself, part II

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:01 pm

Sizzling Lynn wrote:I have to get off my lazy burnt out ass and hand in my resumes. I was too lazy last time and this time...aw man, I really have to do it this time. I'll just sesh. before I go. It's weird how I function so much better when I'm high.

It’s definitely important that you be careful about revealing stuff like that to the employer though. Gotta make as good an impression as you possibly can. :P

RFAM: I haven't fallen asleep yet. Yay! Let's hope I can stay up for a good bit of the night!
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm

I made a good sig.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 pm

I need to make a better f*cking sig...I was lazy with my current one. Sad, eh? :P
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:10 am

yep i get two weeks off but ow its coming to an end

NOOOO
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 am

I knew there was something up with PLK...
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:04 am

this thread is the thread of all threads that this thread is the thread that changes the subject, heh.
Kaixx

Postby Kaixx » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:42 am

Why hello there. O_O

I have two weeks off too. :3 And just got back from my holiday at the Canary Islands.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:19 pm

Kaixx wrote:Why hello there. O_O

I have two weeks off too. :3 And just got back from my holiday at the Canary Islands.

Now HERE’S somebody I haven’t seen in ages! :o

Anyhoo....it was raining earlier today. It's not anymore though. :P
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:23 pm

It was raining earlier yesterday.

Return to “Hot Topics”