The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: Randome Thread, part II

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:40 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I would watch Adult Swim, but I fear that I'll fall asleep and wake up to the Powerpuff Girls or something. :lol:

I don't think they play that anymore, either...according to my brother. He's always busy watching those kiddy channels...Disney channel...Nickolodeon (spelling?)...Cartoon Network...

:stanpuke:

I think the channels are rotting his poor brain.

If they don't show it any more, I would be so happy.... :craig:

The only "kiddy" cartoon I would watch would be Ren and Stempy. At least there is blood. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:44 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I would watch Adult Swim, but I fear that I'll fall asleep and wake up to the Powerpuff Girls or something. :lol:

I don't think they play that anymore, either...according to my brother. He's always busy watching those kiddy channels...Disney channel...Nickolodeon (spelling?)...Cartoon Network...

The only "kiddy" cartoon I would watch would be Ren and Stempy. At least there is blood. :lol:

How could I forget about that show! I used to love it!

No matter. What the f*ck is the point of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Camp Lazlo (two very prominent shows that come on CN when my brother's watching)...

:x
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:48 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:I don't think they play that anymore, either...according to my brother. He's always busy watching those kiddy channels...Disney channel...Nickolodeon (spelling?)...Cartoon Network...

How could I forget about that show! I used to love it!

No matter. What the f*ck is the point of My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Camp Lazlo (two very prominent shows that come on CN when my brother's watching)...

:x

They have to keep the retarded kids entertained. You know, it's better that they watch their channel and get them good ratings than for them to watch PBS or some other retard-oriented channel. :)
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:51 am

gtaca2005 wrote:They have to keep the retarded kids entertained. You know, it's better that they watch their channel and get them good ratings than for them to watch PBS or some other retard-oriented channel. :)

Sadly, I prefer someting-Yankee Workshop and This Old House on PBS. Well...perhaps it's not that sad...they're pretty intresting shows about woodworking and house-fixing.

I'm weird, though. I can't really build for crap, but I'm good at woodworking.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:54 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:They have to keep the retarded kids entertained. You know, it's better that they watch their channel and get them good ratings than for them to watch PBS or some other retard-oriented channel. :)

Sadly, I prefer someting-Yankee Workshop and This Old House on PBS. Well...perhaps it's not that sad...they're pretty intresting shows about woodworking and house-fixing.

WOW! I though I was the only one in this age group that likes This Old House! :lol: Although I don't see it pretty much at all now days. :cry:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:07 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

WOW! I though I was the only one in this age group that likes This Old House! :lol: Although I don't see it pretty much at all now days. :cry:

Nah...I pretty much watch what my dad watches...mostly good shows, unlike reality TV s*it, failed attempts at comedy, and half-assed game shows that dominate most of TV these days. That's how I got into that stuff, as well as Lost, Prison Break, and 24.

:wink:

My dad has a slight disliking of South Park, though. I think it was only because he walked in on a pretty foul-mouthed episode (It Hits the Fan).

:oops:

My mom likes making jokes about Cartman, though. I dunno why. She's always complaining about the show making fun of Asians (Wing and Child Abduction is Not Funny) and Christianity (multiple episodes).

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:12 am

^^ But SP makes fun of everything and every race and religion, thats why I like it. Some people just need to laugh at their selves. :lol:

This is the TRUTH!:

South Park has made me become known at my school for being all political, and smart with a wide variety of subjects. Things I would have never known or been interested in if I was a sheltered child. You know, with locks on the TV channels.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:20 am

You know, I actually used to hate South Park. It's a funny story how that came to be, and how I learned to love it.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:24 am

Exactly. My mom's got a very limited sense of humor. Strangely, she seems to be fond of making fart jokes about my dad and my brother...

:|

South Park to me has been pretty darn influential. I've learned lots from it-

- Drugs are bad, m'kay. (If you trip on LSD, your head will pop off and float around town and the townspeople will kick you around)
- Don't cuss too much. (You'll bring back the Black Plague)
- Tourette's is not just cussing compulsively. (There are other tics and such)
- Overcensorship can lead to disaster. (If you try killing a couple of comedians you don't like, you might start a war)
- Scientology was created by some sci-fi writer. (Seems like a big bunch of bulls*it, too...after I researched it...they had it pretty accurate, too)

...So on, so forth.

Random- Some overprotective parent sent in a pissy letter to the local newspaper complaining about profanity on TV.

My response? If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple. Anyways, you can't shield your kids from profanity forever- they'll pick up on it one day.

For example, take me. My parents used to be really overprotective (they still are, but to a lesser extent), and what happened? I learned all my swear words-the cream of the crop (some in multiple languages)- in middle school...and no, I didn't learn them from South Park (a common misconception).

:cartmanlaugh:

@ Indigo Rose- Go on, tell us! We could all use an intresting story...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:29 am

I'm going to get a link to a video on Retrojunk.com. It was one of my best memories from the good old 90's, which was my generation. Tell me if you remember it, my FAVORITE commercial back in the day. :lol:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/3351/
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:31 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm going to get a link to a video on Retrojunk.com. It was one of my best memories from the good old 90's, which was my generation. Tell me if you remember it, my FAVORITE commercial back in the day. :lol:

I remember that! I was still a little kid, but heck...yeah, I still remember that.

*nod*
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:37 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I'm going to get a link to a video on Retrojunk.com. It was one of my best memories from the good old 90's, which was my generation. Tell me if you remember it, my FAVORITE commercial back in the day. :lol:

I remember that! I was still a little kid, but heck...yeah, I still remember that.

*nod*

Yeah, the 90's were so laid back compared to the Internet addicted population today. Life in the US was at it's easiest in the 90's. No war (After 91.), great economy, and fun video games coming out like crazy.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:39 am

Well, when I was in sixth grade, I wasn't very popular. The kids in my grade would do anything they could to make me miserable. A lot of them had just seen the South Park movie, and they found out I was Canadian. Needless to say, my classmates were singing "Blame Canada" as loud as they could when I was around. I just couldn't see why the creators of South Park could make something so hateful, something that could be used to make my life miserable. I was too young to understand their "making fun of everyone" policy, so I began to hate South Park.

Four years later, when I was 15, I watched "Cartman's Incredible Gift" with my family. I liked it, so I watched some more episodes, and came to love the series and its message ^^
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:41 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Well, when I was in sixth grade, I wasn't very popular. The kids in my grade would do anything they could to make me miserable. A lot of them had just seen the South Park movie, and they found out I was Canadian. Needless to say, my classmates were singing "Blame Canada" as loud as they could when I was around. I just couldn't see why the creators of South Park could make something so hateful, something that could be used to make my life miserable. I was too young to understand their "making fun of everyone" policy, so I began to hate South Park.

Four years later, when I was 15, I watched "Cartman's Incredible Gift" with my family. I liked it, so I watched some more episodes, and came to love the series and its message ^^

Another example of why you don't judge a book by its' cover. :wink:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:47 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Well, when I was in sixth grade, I wasn't very popular. The kids in my grade would do anything they could to make me miserable. A lot of them had just seen the South Park movie, and they found out I was Canadian. Needless to say, my classmates were singing "Blame Canada" as loud as they could when I was around. I just couldn't see why the creators of South Park could make something so hateful, something that could be used to make my life miserable. I was too young to understand their "making fun of everyone" policy, so I began to hate South Park.

Ah.

Back in 6th grade, I was a whiny little goody-two-shoes b*tch who told on my brother for watching movies like Saving Private Ryan with my cousins just because they said 'Damn' on it.

:oops:

I went through a major personality makeover in the summer after 8th grade. I had become completely sick of being kicked around for being meek and mild, so I got into whatever the heck my cousins were into. Conker's Bad Fur Day (Do any of you guys remember the old N64 version of it? It's a lot better than the Xbox version.) and the introduction to metal music (Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne) did it for me. I decided then I would form my own opinions, even if they were socialpathic and stand up for what I want (and kick peoples' asses if they pissed me off and tried to pick on me).

I'm glad I changed that summer. Not too many kids these days at my school have the guts to f*ck around with me, especially if I'm having a cranky, tired, and hungry day.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Hot Topics”