The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Cerisa_Roz

Re: Randome Thread, part II - Ain't we havin' some fun now?

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:57 am

I was right about "The List" spawning controversy. Just a while ago, I made a rebuttal to a Stan/Kyle fangirl's angry and depressed entry about how she wished she were dead and wanted Wendy to die for being with Stan again (and how it ruined her dreams).

I tried to be as nice and 'neutral' as possible, stating that if she were to quit watching the show, she'd miss out on the other parts of it. And that it was a bit much to want to die over it.

A friend of mine (SnuffSnuff) was a lot harsher and blunt, though. The girl deleted the entry soon after.

The journal entry and its comments were pretty horrifying. I was quite O_o.

I'm just afraid I'll be burned by that girl's legion for daring to "persecute" her. Though now that she's removed the truth f the matter, ugh.

Wendy fans get NO respect. To her and her friends, we're all "ignorant" and we're retarded for liking that character. All because they like Stan/Kyle.

Geez.

I'm sorry for trying to point out that wanting to die over Stan and Wendy possibly getting back together was extreme. I'm sorry for saying that it wouldn't kill S/K completely, as you could still do fanfiction and fanart of it.

It's just that threatening death over something like that is scary.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:10 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I was right about "The List" spawning controversy. Just a while ago, I made a rebuttal to a Stan/Kyle fangirl's angry and depressed entry about how she wished she were dead and wanted Wendy to die for being with Stan again (and how it ruined her dreams).

I tried to be as nice and 'neutral' as possible, stating that if she were to quit watching the show, she'd miss out on the other parts of it. And that it was a bit much to want to die over it.

A friend of mine (SnuffSnuff) was a lot harsher and blunt, though. The girl deleted the entry soon after.

I'm just afraid I'll be burned by that girl's legion for daring to "persecute" her. Though now that she's removed the truth f the matter, ugh.

Wendy fans get NO respect. To her and her friends, we're all "ignorant" and we're retarded for liking that character. All because they like Stan/Kyle.

Geez.

I'm sorry for trying to point out that wanting to die over Stan and Wendy possibly getting back together was extreme. I'm sorry for saying that it wouldn't kill S/K completely, as you could still do fanfiction and fanart of it.

That's just crazy...it's almost like...oh, I dunno...when kids kill themselves over World of Warcraft.

:?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:11 am

nutmeg218 wrote:I just bought South Park and Philosophy at Barnes and Nobel. It's really interesting, If you're into that sort of thing.

I've never heard of that book. How is it? Tell us.

@Cerisa: Yeah, you're not the only one who agrees that that's extreme. It's scary how fans get sometimes..
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:14 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
nutmeg218 wrote:I just bought South Park and Philosophy at Barnes and Nobel. It's really interesting, If you're into that sort of thing.

@Cerisa: Yeah, you're not the only one who agrees that that's extreme. It's scary how fans get sometimes..

Case in point- Back when I still frequented dA, there were anime/manga/FF/KH fans (anyone remember DivineAngel?) that pulled that kind of stuff all the time. I mean...why? What's the point? It's just a show/game/etc. for crying out loud...

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:56 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I was right about "The List" spawning controversy. Just a while ago, I made a rebuttal to a Stan/Kyle fangirl's angry and depressed entry about how she wished she were dead and wanted Wendy to die for being with Stan again (and how it ruined her dreams).

Geez.

People like that is why I stick to the Hot Topics and Games forums. I mean, I love South park just as much as the next guy, but to want to kill yourself because two characters aren't gay? WTF!

There not even well drawn! I don't see how some one could be attracted to a cartoon character in the first place, never mind ones that are about two steps above stick figures! :?:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:58 am

CruciFACTION wrote:

Geez.

People like that is why I stick to the Hot Topics and Games forums. I mean, I love South park just as much as the next guy, but to want to kill yourself because two characters aren't gay? WTF!

There not even well drawn! I don't see how some one could be attracted to a cartoon character in the first place, never mind ones that are about two steps above stick figures! :?:

I dunno...I don't recall seeing this on the BBS here. It might be over on some other website...

Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:16 am

I should've mentioned: It was Deviantart :?
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:18 am

Indigo Rose wrote:

I've only been through one chapter and so far they've refrenced Socrates about eight times (I loathed "The Dialogues of Plato" so I did a groan whenever they refrenced him.)
They also mentioned about how more people need to have a friendship like Kyle and Stan's (purely platonic...).
Also how Cartman is like this one guy that was a Nazi with the name Adolf as well.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:25 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I should've mentioned: It was Deviantart :?

Go figure...

I'd like to take a look myself for...further analysis... You wouldn't mind link-dropping...would you?

@ nutmeg218- Hmm...that kind of stuff? Intresting. Ancient philsophy isn't my cup of tea but this book sounds like a pretty good read.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:39 am

The entry was deleted pretty fast sometime after I replied (I'm guessing mine might've done it, or SnuffSnuff's blunt response). In any case, I'm worried about someone crying that an 'evil Wendy fan' yelled at them and then getting a bunch of flames my way.

Eh...I took a risk by posting. I was originally not going to, but then decided something needed to be said.
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:45 am

More about the emoness about Stan now officially not gay, my one friend wrote on dA that she cried so hard the entire episode once Wendy came in and that she's never going to watch that episode again. I was like "wtf". How is she going to like the reason of the series (I hope ;))? Sometimes I think she loves Stan more than people in real life...

And I posted a pic about S/W, all my dA friends hate S/W and someone flamed me for drawing it. Others didn't say anything or fave it at all. I have 50 views and only 3 faves/6 comments (norm is like 6 faves and 30 comments for about that many views). I KNOW the reason is because it's a S/W pic. I don't know why people can't over how much they hate it to just critique the art. :/
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:51 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:The entry was deleted pretty fast sometime after I replied (I'm guessing mine might've done it, or SnuffSnuff's blunt response). In any case, I'm worried about someone crying that an 'evil Wendy fan' yelled at them and then getting a bunch of flames my way.

Eh...I took a risk by posting. I was originally not going to, but then decided something needed to be said.

Oh...yeah... If you speak out against something, whether it be in a blunt or nice way, you're most likely to be attacked, at least on dA- the kingpin of online drama (besides ED and 4chan).

><

@ nutmeg218- Yeah...a lot of fan-artists get that out of others... The fanart realm is rather touchy if the members are immature and unable to overlook their likes and dislikes to critique artwork...

Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Zubby

Postby Zubby » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:09 am

nutmeg218 wrote:More about the emoness about Stan now officially not gay, my one friend wrote on dA that she cried so hard the entire episode once Wendy came in and that she's never going to watch that episode again. I was like "wtf". How is she going to like the reason of the series (I hope ;))? Sometimes I think she loves Stan more than people in real life...

And I posted a pic about S/W, all my dA friends hate S/W and someone flamed me for drawing it. Others didn't say anything or fave it at all. I have 50 views and only 3 faves/6 comments (norm is like 6 faves and 30 comments for about that many views). I KNOW the reason is because it's a S/W pic. I don't know why people can't over how much they hate it to just critique the art. :/

I'm sorry, some people just need to get a f*cking life. Anyone who would get that distraught over something happening to fictional charecters in a show which isn't known for charecter continuity in the first place has obviously not faced any REAL challenges in life.

Seriously, what would these people be like if something really bad happened?
Zubby
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:35 am

Zubby wrote:
nutmeg218 wrote:More about the emoness about Stan now officially not gay, my one friend wrote on dA that she cried so hard the entire episode once Wendy came in and that she's never going to watch that episode again. I was like "wtf". How is she going to like the reason of the series (I hope ;))? Sometimes I think she loves Stan more than people in real life...

I'm sorry, some people just need to get a f*cking life. Anyone who would get that distraught over something happening to fictional charecters in a show which isn't known for charecter continuity in the first place has obviously not faced any REAL challenges in life.

Seriously, what would these people be like if something really bad happened?

Agreed. It's something that came out of a person's mind, for crying out loud...it's not real!

><

Who knows...it's those kinds of people that need help but are too ashamed to admit it...

:?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:43 am

Edduyasha wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:

Geez.

I dunno...I don't recall seeing this on the BBS here. It might be over on some other website...

I know the people aren't that bad here, but they can still be bad enough to annoy me.

Oh, and if I ever show that kind of obsession over a fictional character, South Park or otherwise, do me a favor and put a bullet through my skull.

Return to “Hot Topics”