The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

love*metal

Re: The Most Wonderful Thread Ever!

Postby love*metal » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:30 am

Blue Twilight wrote:@ l*m: Welcome back to you too; I haven't seen you in such a long time!

Thanks, it had been a while. Im gonna stick around, I missed posting here.
And sorry to hear about yout GPA. College can be such a worry and a strain. I hope it works out for you.

I really need to start working harder on my college assignments. At the moment I seem to be putting them all off. I keep worrying about other stuff, and its really putting me off. Seems like a lame excuse, and it is really I guess. I've really got to get down to things.

Apart from that, things seem to be alright. My glangela fever seems to be clearing up, and its payday, as of 25 minutes ago xD
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 am

College is pretty bad, but I still say it beats high school by a hundred light years. No immature drama or cliques or any of that bullsh*t. Plus, I can go only a few days out of the week if I want!

:P
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:00 am

let's add a little random here.
its 7 am now (made it through the night without sleeping, yay!) and the last hour or so ive been watching chris crocker videos on youtube. that guy is so f*ckin hilarious! anyone know him? i was scared to wake up my parents because i laughed so much :)
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:08 am

Just got an MP3 player today, and I'm currently trying to figure out how to drag a music file from Windows Media into it.

Lessee, there is an instructional CD, but it's only for Windows 98. Who has W98 anymore?!!
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Just got an MP3 player today, and I'm currently trying to figure out how to drag a music file from Windows Media into it.

Lessee, there is an instructional CD, but it's only for Windows 98. Who has W98 anymore?!!

I can't believe I do!

-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:13 am

^ :o

For the second straight time tonight, I go completely red in the face.

Sorry, dude.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:15 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:^ :o

For the second straight time tonight, I go completely red in the face.

Sorry, dude.

Actually, it's my dad's.

-- False Awakenings
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:19 am

^windows sucks anyways.
long live the macintosh! hooray!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 am

^ I don't have a WIN 98 PC, but I DO have WIN 98, WIN 95, and WIN ME on installation disks. :D But why use them when you have a pre-activated WIN XP PRO intagrated with SP2 on a disk?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:49 am

wendy28 wrote:^windows sucks anyways.
long live the macintosh! hooray!

I disagree. I do not like Macs. They're too limiting.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:02 pm

IMO, PCs and MACs both have their Pros and Cons.

PCs are easy-to-understand and efficient in what you want them to do. The browser menus and control panels are simple enough and don't over-complicate things.

MACs on the other hand are great with multi-tasking and can make life easier for those who like running 3 or more programs at the same time.

As a University student who uses PCs AND MACs on a day-to-day basis, I know what both types are like and I'm able to use both to my advantage in one way or another.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 pm

EPAF wrote:IMO, PCs and MACs both have their Pros and Cons.

PCs are easy-to-understand and efficient in what you want them to do. The browser menus and control panels are simple enough and don't over-complicate things.

MACs on the other hand are great with multi-tasking and can make life easier for those who like running 3 or more programs at the same time.

As a University student who uses PCs AND MACs on a day-to-day basis, I know what both types are like and I'm able to use both to my advantage in one way or another.

i actually find macs a lot easier to use. everything is much clearer. oh, and another advantage: macs are SO much prettier!

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:36 pm

EPAF wrote:As a University student who uses PCs AND MACs on a day-to-day basis, I know what both types are like and I'm able to use both to my advantage in one way or another.

This.

Here is my stance on the whole PC vs. Mac thing:

8) = Mac fan

:) = PC fan

:| = me

8): Macs > PCs!

:): PCs FTW!

:|: ... they're f*cking computers.

I missed my anniversary for the second time! D:
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm

For me, it's all about affordability: PCs are cheaper, or, you get more bang for your buck with PCs. Show me an Apple computer for $280 that can run today's software handily (like my $280 refurbished HP PC can), and I might buy it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:55 pm

I think the PC/Mac issue is just a matter of opinion, because I've used both and they both have their own advantages. At my university, everyone and their mother owns a MacBook Pro (except for me, who was too poor for one and had to get a 2004 HP instead), and those have basically everything, plus a handy navigation screen. I tried using a Mac a couple of times and wound up getting confused.

I grew up with PC's, so that's what I'm accustomed to. I'm used to the simplicity and in addition, I can actually afford them.

So I pretty much agree with Jordan, having used both as well.

marvel_freak_42 wrote:College is pretty bad, but I still say it beats high school by a hundred light years. No immature drama or cliques or any of that bullsh*t. Plus, I can go only a few days out of the week if I want!

I'm guessing you go to a state college? I'd rather have gone to one of those, in retrospect. I attend this private one for snotty rich people and religious fundamentalists (the only reason I do is because it's supposed to have the best pre-health program in the state and I got a MASSIVE scholarship for it) and I swear, the people there all act like they're still in high school. Most of them refuse to associate with low-income people like myself (my roommate last year comes to mind, and I'd love to rant about her but I'll save that for another day) or liberals like myself (see the rant in the "Things That Piss You Off" thread for more details). But for the most part, there's so many people it's impossible to not find your own group of friends or people with a shared interest. :) Surprisingly, I found some friends on my floor and from the science and psychology departments, so at least I'm not alone. XD
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Hot Topics”