The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: The Most Wonderful Thread Ever!

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am

A $300 PC can do what a $1,000 Mac can. And they can run WAY more programs. Not to mention that they are way more customizable, you can change/add INTERNAL drives as well as external. Macs can't do nearly as much when it comes to gaming, too.

Also, for those who say that Macs run more programs at once, a PC can get a new processor and add RAM,, Macs are only as powerful as the day you buy them, and cannot upgrade hardware. (Might go through Apple to upgrade, but then the shipping, the waiting, and the PRICE!)

Here is my diagram like Jay C's:

Up-tight assh*le snob! :assface: = Mac Fan
(Not all, just the ones who don't realize and admit that a PC CAN, truly, do more.)

Could be the above^, but not so much = PC Fan

Just hates Macs for the price and stupid, mis-leading ads = Me
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:33 am

i cant denie that a lot more programs run on pcs than they do on macs.
also, you can upgrade the hardware most of the times. not to a whole new version, though, there youre right.
i grew up using macs, and so i find them much clearer and much easier to use. i also use pcs sometimes, like in school, but i always get confused with them.
but macs are more advanced than pcs in a few areas, especially music recording and editing. from what i know, most musicians use macs, and almost every music editing program is made for or runs on a mac.

lets just say.... a matter of opinion. "you cant argue about taste". forgot who said that, but obviously a smart guy :)
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:58 am

I used macs a couple of times last year for video projects (I was the editor), it wasn't too bad just took a while to get used to it...but I rather stick with my dell thank you...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:17 am

Blue Twilight wrote:
marvel_freak_42 wrote:College is pretty bad, but I still say it beats high school by a hundred light years. No immature drama or cliques or any of that bullsh*t. Plus, I can go only a few days out of the week if I want!

I'm guessing you go to a state college? I'd rather have gone to one of those, in retrospect. I attend this private one for snotty rich people and religious fundamentalists (the only reason I do is because it's supposed to have the best pre-health program in the state and I got a MASSIVE scholarship for it) and I swear, the people there all act like they're still in high school. Most of them refuse to associate with low-income people like myself (my roommate last year comes to mind, and I'd love to rant about her but I'll save that for another day) or liberals like myself (see the rant in the "Things That Piss You Off" thread for more details). But for the most part, there's so many people it's impossible to not find your own group of friends or people with a shared interest. :) Surprisingly, I found some friends on my floor and from the science and psychology departments, so at least I'm not alone. XD

Yep, I go to a state college. All the bullsh*t you mentioned is primarily the reason I chose one (well, that and I don't have a lotta money.)
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:00 am

I need to learn how to use my Winodsw (yeah, I know) Movie Maker, or find something else that's free to use on dad's HP. It has a DVR, but all I want to do is make a mp4 (or whatever) of an old ad, so I can send it to a friend, and possibly put it up on YouTube. The bitch of WMM is that I can't figure out how to plug the sound into the thing. I can record it using the DVR just fine, but I sure as hell can't get WMM to work.[/mini rant]

marvel_freak_42 wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:Just got an MP3 player today, and I'm currently trying to figure out how to drag a music file from Windows Media into it.

Lessee, there is an instructional CD, but it's only for Windows 98. Who has W98 anymore?!!

I can't believe I do!

I came across a (locked up) computer at Sears the other day that had some version of 98 on it. They use it for their online catalog. I was walking by it, saw there was an error message on screen, and couldn't leave well enough alone. (all I had to do was click OK and it restarted, logged itself on, and reloaded the catalog.)

What kind of player did you end up with Angus?

Wonderful:
So, I found this website archive of Polaroids, called Polanoid. They have about 120,000 pictures, and I got through 30-something thousand of them before I made a stupid mistake, and reset my place. See, they don't have a way of going to a certain page when you're looking at all of the pictures (as I was), so if you were to say, right-click and "view image" to try and zoom in and look at the detail, then go back, it'd take you to the front page of the site. :evil:
I did see some great stuff, and I came away with this:
Why does the frame say "Australian Penthouse"? Well, apparently the film was obtained from a reseller. I guess AP *snik* did a special order from Polaroid, and this was what left from what they couldn't get rid of.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Random- They DID make the SAT harder this year. I don't remember working my brain this hard on it. Last year, I used some of my brain but I wasn't spazzing over it. At least the essay topic was easy- I wrote something on the same exact topic for my philosophy essay for English class only a month ago.

:|

This should be in the woot thread, but why not-

I got to try driving my dad's manual-gear car around. Too bad my coordination is a bit off and I kept spazzing when I heard the engine and stalling the car.
._.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:50 pm

teh-lolrus wrote:Random- They DID make the SAT harder this year. I don't remember working my brain this hard on it. Last year, I used some of my brain but I wasn't spazzing over it. At least the essay topic was easy- I wrote something on the same exact topic for my philosophy essay for English class only a month ago.

:|

This should be in the woot thread, but why not-

I got to try driving my dad's manual-gear car around. Too bad my coordination is a bit off and I kept spazzing when I heard the engine and stalling the car.

Ewww... I remember the SATs... not the best of times for me. Oh, and try not to develop road rage like me.

-- False Awakenings
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:56 am

I remember taking the SAT too well. My phone went off in the middle of the exam, and I thought I turned the damn thing off, too. D: Luckily they just hid it in a cabinet and returned it to me after the exam, but I was f*cking embarrassed.

I start class again in two days. I'm pretty content with my schedule-- I'm literally in class for twelve hours on Mondays (9:30 AM to 9:30 PM... thank you, lab and choir), but luckily I have Tuesdays off to balance that out. Plus my earliest class starts at 9:30 AM so I'll have time to sleep.

ANNNNNND... best of all, I have no labs on Wednesday night, so that means I'll be able to watch new episodes of South Park when they air!
Illegitimi non carborundum.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:59 am

Random- I had Portfolio Day at one of the Art schools I'm looking at today. It was both good and bad. Here's the breakdown-

Good- My portfolio wasn't as gut-wrenchingly bad as I thought. The people I talked to liked my work with color and layouts (ie: graphic design). They thought my skill level was enough to pull stuff off, especially on the computer with Photoshop (hmm...so I don't suck as much as I thought in Photoshop... :oops: ). They liked my typography and general sense of layout and composition (a surprise- a lot of people have told me before that my compositions sucked). Most told me to streamline my portfolio itself to graphic design/web layout/illustration now.

Bad- All of them mentioned that I had a serious lack of gesture/real-life/observational work. They did realize that I am still a junior and they told me I still had time to work on that kind of stuff before starting to apply for schools next year (which can be good, I guess), but it's undeniable that I suck at that. Realism/observation work= meh for me. I guess I should start looking at my zit-riddled body in the mirror and drawing it, as well as stuff around the house. I'll be needing as much help as I can get, though.

:oops:

I'll go rant off later in my other thread about the woes of looking for schools.
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Random:

Remember the South Park episode. "Best Friends Forever"? Satan's lover was behind Bush telling him what to say. Look at this video and notice an odd "alien" controlling Bush telepathically. :shock:

Probably a reflection, but the video is real, it came from CNN directly.

Here: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... tgages.cnn
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 pm

i definetely think bush is being controlled by aliens! great vid :wink:

why is the graphic of the whole site so f*cked up? is it only me who sees this?
anyway, i wont notice much of this for the next days, im going to the hospital.... wish me luck that they dont find out im actually already dead.
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 pm

what the heckers has happened to the board layout ?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Yeah, it is doing it to me to.

Random:

Click this link and read the posts for a laugh. It is really funny, an altered version of this site. :P

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?ur ... rt%3D26115
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:42 am

Gizoogle inspired an old sig of mine...

ImageImageImage
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:30 am

Whoa... this site is lookin' cr-iz-azy!

-- False Awakenings

Return to “Hot Topics”