The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: The Magnificent Random Rides Again!

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:00 pm

BRMBug wrote:Ah, the good old days.

Randome: I got a look at one of those new Sony OLED TVs the other day. Good lord those things are beautiful! The resolution is waaaay better than Plasma or DLP, especially for such a small screen. I can't wait for something twice the size to come out.

And you can bend them. :P
(I love living in the Internet and technology age, where science fiction becomes true. :D )
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:04 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:

Randome: I got a look at one of those new Sony OLED TVs the other day. Good lord those things are beautiful! The resolution is waaaay better than Plasma or DLP, especially for such a small screen. I can't wait for something twice the size to come out.

(I love living in the Internet and technology age, where science fiction becomes true. :D )

Bendy TV screens...that's just f*cking cool!

I want some of that crazy holographic sh*t soon! :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:

Bendy TV screens...that's just f*cking cool!

I want some of that crazy holographic sh*t soon! :P

Look at this video of it in action!

http://video.google.com/url?docid=93574 ... WJ9jomFPgQ
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:29 am

KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KENNEDY!
KEEEEEENNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAHDEEEEEEEEEEEE!
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:53 am

Yes....KENNEDY indeed.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:55 am

9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! 9/11 WAS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:37 am

Yeah, I think Bush admitted that in "The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce." :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:52 am

Big-Will wrote:Yeah, I think Bush admitted that in "The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce." :)

Actually he admitted that the 9/11 government conspiracy was a government conspiracy.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:39 pm

WOOO
WOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOO-WOOO-WOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO-WOOO WOO WOO

AHEM
(SPOTLIGHT)
WOO!
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm so glad Robot Chicken Season Three is now airing in Canada.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:54 pm

I'm pissed.....

Deviantart just deleted a few of my pictures, and didn't tell me why! :x Not even so much as a message. f*ck them, I'll post all my pictures in an art thread here. With the advice of Will, I want to make an art thread that doesn't have to be only South Park, but of coarse, South Park will be in there too.

*Awaiting Big Will's advice.*
(Don't want to get banned or have a thread closed, you know how it goes. :wink: )

EDIT:

Now I'm confused.... now they are back!?!

But why? Like 6 were gone from my gallery, even when I refreshed, cleared the temporary Internet files and cookies, and even restarted Firefox. Deviantart is messed the hell up. :?
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 am

^ That happened to me once through TinyPic. It was the first site I ever uploaded through, and still do along with ImageShack. One day, they took my first GTA-style sig out of my "file," and I'm guessing it's because of the small bloodstains on Kenny's coat. But after a couple of days or so, it was back. TP does have a thing against what they consider "offensive," but after a while, it probably wasn't that bad in comparison to what they sometimes get from others.

Either that, or it was just a little glitch. Take your pick.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:20 am

Speaking of deletion, FOSFF is on my 'boycott' list now. They purged all my fics except for one that I had deleted MYSELF before their site went down. Meaning they added a fic back O_o

And they didn't give me any reason as to why mine were deleted (ie: "your grammar was horrible", "they weren't rated high enough", "spelling", etc.). And now if one wants to submit fics, they have to go through a more complicated validation process. Bullsh*t is what it is.

"You had three months to back up your fics!". Right, when it was so hard navigating a site filled with bugs and errors to do so, and those bugs STILL haven't really been fixed! Well played, FOSFF, well played *yeah right*.

Between my co-writer backing out on me and being all too glad with ditching the fic series we had wanted to do, FOSFF going down, having a horrible first beta for the first two stories to begin with (guess who it was? Hint: A very smug "logical" person), and now THIS? Looks like stopping with writing fanfiction couldn't really hurt for me.

A friend of mine tried to submit a story to the all-new FOSFF: They rejected it for being a "big block of text". Didn't give any specifics or other reasons, just that.

So now if you want to submit a fic, it'll only get posted if THEY, the admins and staff, decide it's "worthy". Sure, it prevents tards like Phoenix from posting their spamfics, but still...FOSFF is not really that good anymore, IMO.

When they said they were going to do the purge, they said they'd clean out the stories that were basically spam or poorly-written and had poor grammar. I can't see how mine qualified as having that bad of grammar/spelling, and if it was an issue with the plot/storytelling (script format), well that's personal taste.

On the brighter side, at least this would probably mean Phoenix's fics are gone from FOSFF, along with a few others.

I'll bet people like Robert, if they ever come back, will get QUITE the shock when they see their fics gone. Those who wrote so many, that is.

The SP section was one of the sections hit really hard by the purge too, it seems.

Imageshack has 'b0rked' pictures of mine from time to time too, speaking of pictures. For no reason. They didn't ban me, so it wasn't something REALLY offensive, but I'd go into my account and see that a bunch of my pics "no longer existed" and that freakin' yellow frog.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:When they said they were going to do the purge, they said they'd clean out the stories that were basically spam or poorly-written and had poor grammar. I can't see how mine qualified as having that bad of grammar/spelling, and if it was an issue with the plot/storytelling (script format), well that's personal taste.

Well, Cerisa, perhaps your fic was too well written to the point where said admins couldn't comprehend it's sophistication because of the fact that said admins themselves are retarded...seeing how the layout has always been god-awful, and how the server is always breaking down, I can't say I'd put it past them to consider something good and artsy "stupid". Seriously, the visual style for that place was just...urgh...bad....I mean, I liked how you could chapter-divide everything, and how they had a pretty big list of series and characters to pick from, but the layout made getting places quite a bitch sometimes.

I remember when I hung around dA for a while. I actually remember posting clustered versions of my signature work there...it vanished into thin air one day, but my deviation count didn't lower...what the effing hell man. This is why I was never to big on relying on mainstream hosting services like PhotoBucket or dA, because they can pretty much f*ck you over on a whim.

I remember when i hated Image Shack, and now I pretty much love it for the fact that you can post pictures anonymously, and, through use of a FireFox or Windows Explorer plugin, upload stuff without even initially navigating to the site. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:45 pm

beep
Email notifications do matter, people.

Return to “Hot Topics”