The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: The Magnificent Randome Rides Again!

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I have a sound problem with my computer. It plays sounds on websites and media player fine, but it doesn't play flash sounds. How do I fix this? I already installed flash 9.0.145.0, the latest version but it's still not working.

Weird..... :?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:05 pm

No Substitute For You wrote:HEY GUYS
who remembers me?
HEY GUYS
who remembers me? :D

DON'T LEAVE! Be not afraid to use your power to sherif the boards :p

Poofs wrote: I got my first little taste of what Kirby is like

I got my first Kirby game when I was 6, my first ever Game Boy game, and the first game I finnished. Only took me an hour and a half, but you should really play the kirby GBC game, it ruelz! Even if it has no cutscenes and you can't die, it only costs a pound or less. Cheap and cute, oh yeah!

Marvel_Freak_42 wrote:This one time at band camp... *slap across the face* Sorry, had to do it...

Pre-empative ass kicking for annoying repetative anecdotes? Better work :p

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I'm being dragged to see The Dark Knight tomorrow! ARGH! No me gusta DC!

I HAVE to see this movie dude! I hear it's the best villanous performance ever, just pretend it's a marvel performance can't you? There's no ubermensch in there at least.

I've been stealing my mum's wine... she isn't very happy :o
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 pm

superiorsavior wrote:
marvel_freak_42 wrote:I'm being dragged to see The Dark Knight tomorrow! ARGH! No me gusta DC!

I HAVE to see this movie dude! I hear it's the best villanous performance ever, just pretend it's a marvel performance can't you? There's no ubermensch in there at least.

I will admit, he was pretty damn good. If more characters were like that in DC, I just might consider reading more of their comics... (Keywords: "If" and "might")
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 pm

No_substitute_for_you wrote:HEY GUYS

HOLEY EFFING HONK IT'S NSFU! RUN!

LOL hey, nice to see ya around here again. The site still doing dirty things to your poor compy?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm at the hospital in Sacramento right now with my dad. He has a torn aorta or something, and he might be paralyzed from the waist down. I think the Internet use has a time limit here. So just know that. :(
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 am

^Oh sh*t dude, that doesn't sound good. Hope the guy's alright. I know how it is to have family in the hospital. Not the most fun thing ever. :(

f*cking SWEET! Got my system back up. Finally got Windows to work again, and these drivers for my new motherboard seem to be working wonderfully! Yay! Now I can get back to my music and YouTube stuffs. Should be fun times! Only problem is this stupid sound driver seems to have sh*t microphone control, I can't change the volume on the damn thing. SGFDGHDFH
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:50 am

I just got a 4 year old PC for free for fixing someone els' PC by reinstalling a pirated copy of Windows XP Pro on it. I don't see a problem, though. It originally had Win XP on it anyway, I just repaired it basically. The PC I got for the deed is a nice PC for being 4 years old, it isn't great, but it is one that can be upgraded a great deal. :) Only has 64mb Nivida Geforce4 card, but hey, I can upgrade that and have a gaming PC! :D My laptop is better at the moment.

My dad:
He fractured his spine in 2 places, and that caused swelling which made him unable to move or feel below the waist. We don't know if it is permanent or not yet. :cry:

But UC Davis has full WiFi on their grounds, so that's good. It is the best hospital in California behind the Naval base in San Diego. Our whole family is here, since were smack dab in the middle of California. :|
Last edited by gtaca2005 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
No_substitute_for_you wrote:HEY GUYS

Where in the dickens have you been? The boards need more mods. :)
(Big-Will does a good job, but with more, there is better judgment on serious matters.)

I've been chilling. nothing special. :wink:
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm at the hospital in Sacramento right now with my dad. He has a torn aorta or something, and he might be paralyzed from the waist down. I think the Internet use has a time limit here. So just know that. :(

Ooof, that's serious stuff. Good luck.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 am

OHSHI-- it's NSFU!!! Uh oh! Looks like the illegal BBS cockfighting tournaments are called off, guys! O:

@gtaca: *hugs* Geez, that sucks, dude! DDD: Let us know how your dad is doing-- I'll be praying for him!

Randome: I'm settled in Sydney, and am living in an apartment with four other people. Unfortunately, we don't have internet right now. Scratch that-- we DO have internet, but it's on a proxy server and I have noooo idea how to access it. Plus apparently it costs something in the ballpark of $40 a month, more than that depending on how much you download, and there's no MSN (needless to say, I'm computer-illiterate and probably messed it up.) So that means I'm stuck at a coffee shop with very limited net use as well.

Gaaaaaaah, I miss my old university's free wi-fi. You are more likely to see Santa Claus riding on the back of the easter bunny into outer space whilst you get bitten by a rattlesnake than you are to find free wi-fi in Sydney. D:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

I wonder if a Sprint air card would work over nah. Anywho, I can't wait to hear more from the land down under, where women roar, and men thunder. (Well somebody had to say it.)

Well, hell. I hope your Dad comes out alright GTA. Man, first him, then Nick... makes me wonder who else is going to fall apart next around here.

My randome: I have new glasses. I'll get the camera out later. Right now I want to catch up on a few days of missed internetting, and get some more music uploaded in my machine.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Well we got an update, it seems that he is slowly getting feeling back in his legs. What happened was, well, he is a tree trimmer, and he was cutting a limb down, while the limb his rope was tied to broke off from rotting in the inside. The limb came at him and hit him against the tree and he bounced, getting hit two more times before the branch finally held him against the tree. To free him, my uncle cut the rope holding the other limb. He was left dangling until the fire department came and freed him, then he was air lifted a hospital.

We all drove there and were there until like 7:00 am the next morning. I tried not to cry when I seen him, but that didn't help. Something like this only hits you when you see the person, I guess. He already had the surgery on his back, now we're waiting for the surgery on his aorta.

At least the place had WiFi like no ones' business! You could even get WiFi in the parking garage, although only on the edge next to the building. I stood on the third floor of the garage on the edge getting Internet. :P

No matter where you went, WiFi followed. We changed floors, and while in the elevator, we were on the Internet, and whata ya know? The WiFi never went away. Not even to change access points. :)
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:56 pm

WIFI is almost everywhere....

I can drive around hick neighborhoods with a WIFI card and get internet lol...

We need a much better mobile WIFI network system though... that you don't have to pay a large fee to a company to use slow phone towers.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:he is a tree trimmer, and he was cutting a limb down, while the limb his rope was tied to broke off from rotting in the inside. The limb came at him and hit him against the tree and he bounced, getting hit two more times before the branch finally held him against the tree. To free him, my uncle cut the rope holding the other limb. He was left dangling until the fire department came and freed him, then he was air lifted a hospital.

:o OOOOWWW!!!

My new glasses prescription is still not right... correct for the left eye. It's going to be a week before I can do anything about it though. Everyone's on vacation this week.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:54 am

@gtaca2005: I'm so glad your dad's condition is improving! But OUCH-- I can't imagine that happening, and I'm also grateful that he was taken to a hospital in the nick of time before something worse occurred!

@Bug: Unfortunately, I don't think a Sprint card would work. ): I have a Sprint phone, and it shut off the second we arrived in Australia; couldn't even do basic functions like display the time because it needed to find service. Same with pretty much every phone, except the Virgin Mobile and Blackberry ones.

All your talk about free wi-fi being everywhere in the States is making me cry. :lol: To reiterate, Sydney has NO FREE WI-FI. Even at the coffee shop you have to buy something before they give you the access code. XD At this rate I'm living off of vegetable soup and cereal because all of my funds are going towards the internet and coffee. XDDD

Good news-- I figured out how to access the uni's proxy server.... success! Even MSN is finally cooperating.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Hot Topics”