The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: The Magnificent Randome Rides Again!

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 pm

It already died. Where've you been?

Nothing really matters....anyone can see.....nothing really matters....to meeeeeeeee....

..any way the wind blows...

* GONGGGGGGG *
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:22 am

For some strange reason, LESS people are frequent here since the site started showing the episodes and the site started to get mentioned on Comedy Central. :?

Random:
I got my test scores back, and I got advanced in English.... Again! :shock:

The average score is 327 for my grade, but I got a 420, I thought the number was funny. :)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:00 am

Really, I thought more people were here.
But it's in between the season, and its summertime!!

I have been calculating my brain all day with facts and figures of major banks and business that could be closing.

Do not go near these banks:
Citigroup, Wachovia, BB&T, Merill Lynch

Business that might fail soon:
Kmart (Sears will be fine), Rite Aid, Starbucks, Radio Shack, Old Navy, Circuit City, and Blockbusters...Apparently, people like shopping online more these days, even for movies (thanks NETFLIX).

Oh yeah food places: Applebee's and Quizno's :o
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:02 am

Oh yeah, speaking of good math scores...
Try taking Statistics, It's is the best math class ever.

I HATE GEOMENTRY!!! :twisted:

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 am

Michaeloptv wrote:Oh yeah, speaking of good math scores...
Try taking Statistics, It's is the best math class ever.

I HATE GEOMENTRY!!! :twisted:

I hate graphing! :evil:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:37 am

Apparently today was a record breakingly hot day. It's 2am, and the attic exhaust fan is still running. And the thermostat's set at 120. Hmm... I hope it's not broken, it's only a year old.

Randome Brownie Recipe:

It comes from an ancient Hershey's Cocoa tin that my Grandmother had. I don't know exactly how old it is, but it doesn't have a bar code. There's an ad on the back that says "Bake like your mother did. With Hershey's 1934 Cookbook. Revised and expanded with chocolate recipes brought up to date for use in today's kitchen." If I had to guess, I'd say it's at least 40 years old, but it looks like it was just picked it up from HEB yesterday.

Honeybear Brownies

1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey or 1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Cream butter or margarine and sugar in small bowl, blend in honey or corn syrup and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 9X9X2 inch pan. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from edge of pan. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. Makes 16.

I never frosted mine, and I didn't add nuts because the only ones I'm not allergic to are almonds and oddly enough, peanuts. They also tended to come out a bit more cakey than your run of the mill brownie.

For Chocolate Cherry Honeybear Brownies, replace nuts with 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup dried cherries, and replace 1 tsp of the vanilla with cherry extract.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:54 am

@Bug: Hey, thanks for posting! (: The cherry version sounds so much more appealing than the regular one, and I may just have to make those when I get back to the States (or if I ever find dried cherries in the supermarkets around here.)

@Michaeloptv: Starbucks is going to go out of business? I could see why, since McDonald's seems to have a grasp on the gourmet-coffee industry with their "McCafe" selections (which I've never tried because I refuse to purchase anything from McDonald's... for multiple reasons. XD) I prefer Dunn Bros, anyway.

@Pip Tweek: funny... I actually had "Bohemian Rhapsody" stuck in my head mere seconds before I read your post . :lol:

Randome: We don't have heat over here, and I'm not going to spring for a space heater. I can't wait until things warm up. ):
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Eventually, yeah if they close 600 stores!!

Oh, and our McDonalds is closed right now, going for two months now due to renevations. Good news is that it reopens in two weeks :D

I Miss My MCNUGGETS!!

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:Eventually, yeah if they close 600 stores!!

Oh, and our McDonalds is closed right now, going for two months now due to renevations. Good news is that it reopens in two weeks :D

I Miss My MCNUGGETS!!

One of our McDonald's in Stockton just did the same thing. :shock:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Somewhere Butters is crying. Bennigans just completely shut down! I heard it on the news.

Radio Shack's been going under for 10 years. If they do, I don't know where I'm going to get my replacement radio antennas anymore.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Major info of randomness...

gtaca2005-Did you feel that earthquake?? Something like a 5.8, They came on and interupted "Family Fued".

OMG yeah, I heard about Bennigans!!! They should do an episode regarding the economy and beggigans closing along with Casa Bonita or other places e.g. (even though CB isn't closed). Randy used to bank at Indymac and now, they are losing money!! Gov't seize :o

I'm afraid that Radio Shack might be next...or Starbucks!!

Oh more BN- British Airways has just merged with another european plane company. :mrgreen:

teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Did this place turn into the Wall Street Journal with a recipe in it while I was gone? The insanity.

:shock:

I'm not on here as much because I'm usually busy lurking around dA and working on my artwork.

Noes! All the restaurants that what's-his-name mentioned...those are what keep my little hick town going. Ah, well. K-Mart's been dead for years now [at least in my area], but I'm a bit surprised with Rite-Aid. I thought they had a decent number of those stores up in New York...maybe they're being outdone by Duane Reade [was that the name? It was something like that...it won't be long until I check that out...]

I aced geometry except the sequences part. I'm taking AP Stats this coming school year, so...yeah. I hope it's as easy as all my friends said it was...

McDonald's? Most of their stuff gets me really sick [it's been so long since I've eaten greasy food- my parents have had us survive on fruit, rice, vegetables, and seafood for years now- that it actually makes me disgustingly sick after I eat any of that stuff]. I can eat the yogurt parfait with berries thing, though.

Randome- Kekeke, I'm headed back to New York City by the end of this week! It shall be amazing...it's been ages since I went back to visit my friends and relatives... I might even pick up some stuff from Chinatown to share with my boyfriend or something. I'll be gone for two weeks...so...i'm not going to be online all that much...

Until then, my lovelies...

:lol:
._.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:53 pm

I wish Taco Jons would shut down.... :twisted:
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:It already died. Where've you been?

Nothing really matters....anyone can see.....nothing really matters....to meeeeeeeee....

..any way the wind blows...

* GONGGGGGGG *

Its dying has accelerated since I was last here at least.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:06 pm

teh-lolrus wrote:Did this place turn into the Wall Street Journal with a recipe in it while I was gone? The insanity.

:shock:

Yes.
Coming up next , get your pens and pencils ready for Paula's Pound-Cake Surprise! But first, the Dow Jones report...

Stuff happened today. The end. Thank you.

Oh, and I didn't realize this, but Steak and Ale was part of Bennigan's. They're completely shut down now too. Although it seems to me that their heyday was about 25 years ago. Hell, the old Steak & Ale on I-35 closed years ago, and is now a strip club called the Spearmint Rhino.
More: They filed for chapter 7. They have something like 45-50 debtors, and paying them all off is going to completely wipe them out.

Return to “Hot Topics”