The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:12 am

^^ That's hilarious that a group like that would have such a benign-sounding name. :lol:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:14 am

Yeah, they did a poll on it's members...

Wait 'till you hear this.

Out of everyone from the party that was polled, 1/3 didn't know they were in the party. They thought they were "independent".

So I am glad I am not alone, but I still feel so f*cking stupid! :x
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:20 am

You're not stupid; just consider yourself "at the bottom 33%" :lol:
Schliby

Postby Schliby » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:25 am

Nothing really, I'm having a problem with the guitarist from the thrash band I'm in, but other wise, it's all good. But I had to go to a funeral today. It wasn't my family, it was my friends grandmas, but it was still depressing , the most depressing part was seeing my freind crying.... (she's drys over allot of stuff but this was worse) her grandpa to... I didn't really know her grandma, but still... I kind of felt their pain... But it's summer, so it's all good. I've been going to allot of local concerts lately too...
"Time is a thing we must accept.
The unexpected I sometimes fear.
Just when I feel there's no excuse
for what happens, things fall into place.
I know there is no way to avoid
the pain that we must go through,
to find the other half that is true"
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 am

Funerals suck balls. Ever been to an open casket? It's depressing in the most horrific sense. Especially if its for a 16-year old kid who had his whole life ahead of him. That was years ago at a funeral for a really close friend of mine.

As for local shows, those are awesome. We happen to have a venue in Bucksport that hosts a bunch of great metal, hardcore, rockabilly, and hip-hop shows. The owner there is good friends with the guys in Unearth, and they're coming up to play here on friday. Can't wait to see those guys again.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am

Yea it's f*cked up who dies and who lives. Good people die every day and Lil Wayne keeps making "music" and Michael Bay keeps making his 300 million dollar movies.

By the way speaking of Lil Lame, you guys hear he's trying to make rock music now?... like... really? I've seen videos of him playing guitar, and I just have to say he's the first person to suck at everything.

There's really no local concerts to go to in my town, that's the only real thing that bums me out in my little town, no one here has talent. There is this band, Recent History that's alright, and then there's this band called Glutton which is dirty, but other than that it's just a bunch of idiots.
Schliby

Postby Schliby » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:57 am

sh*t, that sucks, I've got SO many local bands, like, 2 deathcore bands, 4 metalcore bands, 4 hardcore punk bands, 2 ska bands, 3 thrash bands, 3 alternitive bands, 5 death metal bands, 1 acoustic band, 3 southern rock/blues bands, and 2 prog bands, and 2 black metal bands!
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 am

Our local scene seems to be doing ok. At least better than I thought it was.

The one local band around here that has yet to dissapoint me, however:

http://www.myspace.com/lastchancetoreason

They've got a few youtube teasers of their new stuff from their up-and-coming record, which is VERY different from their last album. Almost sounds like Cynic in some parts.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:23 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Michaeloptv wrote:I'm actually a registered Democrat in my State! :o

But in NH, you can change that easily, so we'll see later but for now yea.... :mrgreen:

BK's been on Cough Syrup waaay too long. That's why Billy Bonka is always running around in his head :wink:

I have some BAD news, but it is epic and FULL OF LULZ!

The choice on the registration... I looked for Independent, and the ONLY box with that in the name was the American Independence Party. Now, you're going to sh*t bricks when you hear this...

THEY ARE SUPER RELIGIOUS CONSERVATIVES! They mislead new voters! :lol:

I am not mad, because I can change it, it's simple. But this is so damn lulzy!

Many political analysts have theorized that the Party, which has received very few votes in recent California elections, maintains its state ballot status because people join the Party mistakenly believing that they are registering as an "independent," also known as a "non-partisan" or "decline-to-state" voter.

One such voter was Jennifer Siebel, fiancée of San Francisco's liberal Democratic mayor Gavin Newsom; in 2008, Siebel attempted to change her party affiliation from Republican to Non-Partisan, but "checked the American Independent box thinking that was what independent voters were supposed to do," according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

But because she was affiliated with the American Independent Party, she was ineligible to vote for any of the Democratic or Republican presidential contenders, including Newsom's pick, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Damn I have to re register tomorrow. :lol:

Even a major head in politics was fooled. Their party's status is based on misleading information. :lol:

You have to see the irony in this.... You all know what I believe, or rather don't. So this is epic irony lulz:

http://www.aipca.org/

THEY ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF ME! :o

I was thinking of staying for the lulz, but I am calling the county elections place tomorrow. Boy, what a day. :lol:

The lulz made up 10-fold for my anger.

UPDATE

Sent them an email:

Your political party's name on the voter registration form made me, and MANY others join your hateful political party.

I want nothing to do with your "agenda". Please take me off any mailing lists you may have me on after I turned in the form. I cannot believe that our state lets your fringe group get away with this deceitful wording on the forms. Your views are sick and twisted, based on stories in a book spanning the last 4,000 years. You use this piece of trash to justify hate and homophobia.

I am so angry that I now have your party attached to my name, it is so wrong.

Again, take me off your lists.

[I removed contact info from this post]

Goodbye, and may God Be Less.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:I'm actually a registered Democrat in my State! :o

But in NH, you can change that easily, so we'll see later but for now yea.... :mrgreen:

BK's been on Cough Syrup waaay too long. That's why Billy Bonka is always running around in his head :wink:

Man I don't do that stuff anymore :cartmanscared:
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 pm

But robotrippin is so much fun, BK!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:33 am

The Independent party in the United States is a threat everyone should be wary of! It's the KKK in camo gear! Same policies but a name that makes you think your registering to choose who you vote for in primaries, to be that small minority all the politicos fight over, which are really called the NPA.

When someone says they're indipendant, often means they're not impartial. The UK Indipendant party for example.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

Most of my state is so called "independents".
In fact there are actually more independents than registered in each party! :shock:

Independents create for 37 percent of registered voters. More than both the registered democrats at 35 percent, and Republicans at 27 percent.

I am not too aware of the Independent (KKK) party. So I guess most of us are Non Registered Party voters or so to speak. :?
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:15 am

They are known as the Constitution Party out side of California. Only here are they called American Independents..... :?

EDIT

AFFILIATED, and NO MORE. :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constituti ... ted_States)
Last edited by gtaca2005 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 am

I thought AIP and Constitution were different parties? They have different wikipedia entries...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “Hot Topics”