The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Well we're actualkly working on getting Norton. I may be gone a day or I may be gone weeks. I don't know.

Dude, we tried Norton for a while, and it was AWFUL!! It wouldn't cooperate with our upgrades.

I'm trying to remember what we currently use.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:How's THIS for "randome"?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... at=1241188

Coming soon: Who has more of a temper: Wolverine or Donald Duck?

:lol:

Yes!

Wolverine vs. Donald Duck!

Can you imagine how insanely funny that would be? Wolverine going psycho-slasher with Donald dodging his every swipe, jumping around the scene with his fists out, screaming incoherently with his quacky voice? And Donald's offenses would involve throwing a barrel over Wolvie and stuff.

I think,Angus, you just came up with the funniest potential scene in cartoon history.

THere just has to be a way for them to become friends, so in the last scene we can see them both smoking cigars and playing poker together.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:How's THIS for "randome"?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... at=1241188

Coming soon: Who has more of a temper: Wolverine or Donald Duck?

:lol:

Yes!

Wolverine vs. Donald Duck!

Can you imagine how insanely funny that would be? Wolverine going psycho-slasher with Donald dodging his every swipe, jumping around the scene with his fists out, screaming incoherently with his quacky voice? And Donald's offenses would involve throwing a barrel over Wolvie and stuff.

I think,Angus, you just came up with the funniest potential scene in cartoon history.

THere just has to be a way for them to become friends, so in the last scene we can see them both smoking cigars and playing poker together.

That's one comic crossover I'D buy! :lol:

Thanks, PT! My thought exactly! Being a DD fan, myself, the very thought of him doing that against ol' Wolvie just seems way too perfect!

So now both major companies will be distributed through major entertainment companies, as DC's been part of WB since the '70s.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:02 pm

I think I should be the most concerned about that story... WTF?!? I am SUPER PISSED OFF!!! I don't have much to begin with, but when of the most evil and corrupt corporations in the world takes something from me (I've collected comics since I was 8 and keep them in tighter security than my own SS number), it's like twisting the knife in my back. Can you imagine having a f*cking Hannah Montana ad while reading Daredevil? Do we want Wolverine or Hulk to give their enemies lollipops and gumdrops instead of enacting ruthless and much deserved vengeance on criminals and supervillains? I don't want a kid-friendly Punisher who doesn't kill, a Magneto or Doctor Doom that doesn't strike fear into humanity, or a Captain America who doesn't fight Nazis... knowing Disney, they probably won't even mention the word. IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?!?!? And I don't want anyone to tell me to chill out or whatever, as a longtime comic reader, I have a right to be royally pissed.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I think I should be the most concerned about that story... WTF?!? I am SUPER PISSED OFF!!! I don't have much to begin with, but when of the most evil and corrupt corporations in the world takes something from me (I've collected comics since I was 8 and keep them in tighter security than my own SS number), it's like twisting the knife in my back. Can you imagine having a f*cking Hannah Montana ad while reading Daredevil? Do we want Wolverine or Hulk to give their enemies lollipops and gumdrops instead of enacting ruthless and much deserved vengeance on criminals and supervillains? I don't want a kid-friendly Punisher who doesn't kill, a Magneto or Doctor Doom that doesn't strike fear into humanity, or a Captain America who doesn't fight Nazis... knowing Disney, they probably won't even mention the word. IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?!?!? And I don't want anyone to tell me to chill out or whatever, as a longtime comic reader, I have a right to be royally pissed.

Oh so by Marvel you really did mean the comics, i for one like DC better and would probably be REALLY SUPER ENRAGED if i saw a Disney ad in a Batman comic .
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 pm

butters kenny wrote:
marvel_freak_42 wrote:I think I should be the most concerned about that story... WTF?!? I am SUPER PISSED OFF!!! I don't have much to begin with, but when of the most evil and corrupt corporations in the world takes something from me (I've collected comics since I was 8 and keep them in tighter security than my own SS number), it's like twisting the knife in my back. Can you imagine having a f*cking Hannah Montana ad while reading Daredevil? Do we want Wolverine or Hulk to give their enemies lollipops and gumdrops instead of enacting ruthless and much deserved vengeance on criminals and supervillains? I don't want a kid-friendly Punisher who doesn't kill, a Magneto or Doctor Doom that doesn't strike fear into humanity, or a Captain America who doesn't fight Nazis... knowing Disney, they probably won't even mention the word. IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?!?!? And I don't want anyone to tell me to chill out or whatever, as a longtime comic reader, I have a right to be royally pissed.

Oh so by Marvel you really did mean the comics, i for one like DC better and would probably be REALLY SUPER ENRAGED if i saw a Disney ad in a Batman comic .

You probably wouldn't have to worry so much about that one, bk, as DC would get all the Looney Tunes stuff as ads.

As to my earlier mentioning of who distributes for whom...
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 pm

I dont think much will change with the comics.

But unfortunatly the movies will probably be ruined...
Last edited by Jake, M'kay? on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:40 pm

Looney Tunes? That's not as bad, phew.

Wolverine is probably the only interesting Marvel characters along with Daredevil
Last edited by butters kenny on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm

butters kenny wrote:Looney Tunes? That's not as bad, phew.

Come to think of it, I do remember seeing a Superman/Bugs Bunny crossover comic mini-series a few years ago. A combination so odd, it was actually funny, and it combined all sorts or Supers with LTs from every which direction!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:45 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:
butters kenny wrote:Looney Tunes? That's not as bad, phew.

Come to think of it, I do remember seeing a Superman/Bugs Bunny crossover comic mini-series a few years ago. A combination so odd, it was actually funny, and it combined all sorts or Supers with LTs from every which direction!

Superman is to camp and has to much powers for my taste...

So Angus, which do you prefer? Marvel or DC?

R.I.P Billy Bonka
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 pm

Probably DC, as I really liked the Batman and Superman animated series they had during the '90s.

There were some good Marvel stories as well, and sometimes, I'll check out an indie title as well.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:54 pm

Batman: TAS was awesome...

R.I.P Billy Bonka
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:56 pm

Amen! Even got the movies that followed. The PG-13 version of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" is spectacular!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Amen! Even got the movies that followed. The PG-13 version of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" is spectacular!

PG-13 version? I have to check that out! Mark Hamil's joker is aways the voice i'll hear when i read Batman comics, it's amazing.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:59 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Well we're actualkly working on getting Norton. I may be gone a day or I may be gone weeks. I don't know.

Dude, do not pay for that sh*t, get a free version of AVG. It may not be as good, but it does the job. Cleared my PC of viruses.

And your parents won't know the difference!

http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005

Return to “Hot Topics”