The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

iloveyouguys

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby iloveyouguys » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:
iloveyouguys wrote:
willowrose wrote:Do we have a random question thread? This is pretty random- I'm not here enough to give a proper answer to this myself but if you could meet other members of this forum, who would you like to meet the most? I know who I'd like to meet!!!!

I'd be down to meet any good friend who is known to be legit from the forum.

And how do you mean, "legit?" Like not just SAYING he/she is from the forum?

:?

I guess I phrased that in a confusing way. I meant I would like to meet someone who is known to be legit and from the forum. They are separate qualities. I don't want to meet up with a sketchy internet character about whom I know nothing.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

If you ever wondered what the difference between the UK, England, Great Britain, etc, were, this handy venn diagram tells you so.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Hui gaizu!
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I wonder if anyone's tried studying how music effects people's emotions, to be able to predict and use it, bet they have. Like most things It's something I haven't thought much about, but probably very important if I did. Music can definitely tug our strings, not sure if it tugs most people the same way or is something very individual.Apparently you can get music related brain disorders, oh wiki you so maligned for no good reason :(
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Life is worth living for a person only if the available evidence implies it will contain more which that person desires to experience, than they desire to avoid, to the extent these action-guiding evaluative feelings are the determinants of value. Weather benefits likely outweigh costs is an empirical question.

Many actions are motivated by fear of the negative consequences likely if they are not performed, or in order to alleviate undesirable feelings, but pleasant feelings pleasant feelings resulting from such actions likely compensate for this. Individuals quickly adapt to improved circumstances, expecting them as a new baseline rather than appreciating them, in a treadmill of desire and disappointment. It seems unlikely that organisms would be reproductively successful if they were either too content or despondent, as there would be little motivation in the former case, and too much stress in the latter; It seems likely that a neutral balance would be achieved, life perhaps not worth living, but not worth ending either.

Humans are irrational, transient feelings motivating action more often than evidence-based assessments of the desirability of the outcomes of an action; as such people whose lives are likely to contain more desirable than undesirable experiences often kill themselves due to a transient bad experience, and people whose remaining time is likely to be very unpleasant often refrain from doing so. This fear of death could push the neutral balance toward life being worth it, especially given how short it is!

bert and ernie stuff

I hear B and E were originally meant to be friends who were of different races, back when race was an issue. Helping kids get along with a verity of people has always been a feature of the show, I don't see what the problemo is. If kids can understand a man and woman marrying w/o having to know sex, I don't see how m and m marrying is confusing like everyone says it is. Hell sex isn't that confusing, even if you don't feel it, I don't feel the desire to eat a zebra but I can understand a lion does and could when i was a little kid watching attenborough documentaries!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Unassumption wrote:Life is worth living for a person only if the available evidence implies it will contain more which that person desires to experience, than they desire to avoid, to the extent these action-guiding evaluative feelings are the determinants of value. Weather benefits likely outweigh costs is an empirical question.

Many actions are motivated by fear of the negative consequences likely if they are not performed, or in order to alleviate undesirable feelings, but pleasant feelings pleasant feelings resulting from such actions likely compensate for this. Individuals quickly adapt to improved circumstances, expecting them as a new baseline rather than appreciating them, in a treadmill of desire and disappointment. It seems unlikely that organisms would be reproductively successful if they were either too content or despondent, as there would be little motivation in the former case, and too much stress in the latter; It seems likely that a neutral balance would be achieved, life perhaps not worth living, but not worth ending either.

Humans are irrational, transient feelings motivating action more often than evidence-based assessments of the desirability of the outcomes of an action; as such people whose lives are likely to contain more desirable than undesirable experiences often kill themselves due to a transient bad experience, and people whose remaining time is likely to be very unpleasant often refrain from doing so. This fear of death could push the neutral balance toward life being worth it, especially given how short it is!

bert and ernie stuff

I hear B and E were originally meant to be friends who were of different races, back when race was an issue. Helping kids get along with a verity of people has always been a feature of the show, I don't see what the problemo is. If kids can understand a man and woman marrying w/o having to know sex, I don't see how m and m marrying is confusing like everyone says it is. Hell sex isn't that confusing, even if you don't feel it, I don't feel the desire to eat a zebra but I can understand a lion does and could when i was a little kid watching attenborough documentaries!

Dude,why can't I ever read your posts?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Goin' to the country. Might eat me a lot of peaches. Later bitches.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm

One of my 2 genetics books (the longer one!) only covers the topics dealt with in 1/3 of the other book's chapters. Shows you can write a lot more about any topic
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am

Unassumption wrote:One of my 2 genetics books (the longer one!) only covers the topics dealt with in 1/3 of the other book's chapters. Shows you can write a lot more about any topic

goddammit,dude.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 am

Mum can't smell well so keeps throwing rotten food in my face and telling me to sniff it and say if it's wrong. she throws it over my drinks and they end up getting bits of rotten food fall in them.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Joe1101

Postby Joe1101 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

This thing is awesome: ~. If you see it's awesomness once, YOU SHALL NEVER FORGET! Oh, and I like science.

Randomness FTW!
I'm Swedish, born 1998, so my spelling/grammar may sometimes be incorrect.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Been in the country for almost a week now. Ate a peach last night.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Joint Enterprise laws lead to so much injustice, it's like when everyone in class gets a detention in school for what 1 kid did only life ruining not just lunch ruining.

I also like ~
it means approximately
it is also a great tool in making emotes ~.~
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 am

Rolling Stone's list of the 10 worst songs of the 90's... Some should be higher on the list imo.

Return to “Hot Topics”