The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

jawmht

Postby jawmht » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:04 am

Hey, wanna see something weird.

Ok, I was watching one of the old versions of SP:BLU, the MPEG ripped from VHS, in Nero Media Player. Okay position the Now Playing screen to about where the canvas in Paint would be. Now press the "prt scr" key, right above "insert".

Okay, you just did a screen shot, now open Paint and click "Edit" then "Paste", this puts the screen shot on the canvas. If you did it right then part of the picture seems to be moving, use the dotted box to get a clip of the moving part, paste it and it is an off-blackish shade of color. Paste that clip in any other art program (I used Gimp and Artgem), in the general area of where NMP is still playing and it continues to play. This is only effective as long as NMP is playing in the background.

Weird huh? There is a reason involving DirectDraw, but it is íñ¢Γεdîb|y boring.
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:12 am

Schan doesn't like to be called Schane....just to let you guys know....oh yea...I'm back from my break, but I don't think you guys mind so much.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:14 am

It's a miracle! My computer's actually working right now. But it's being really slow and acting like a little prick. I don't have the patience for this peice of sh*t computer anymore! I can't wait til I get a new one.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am

MSNBC Reports: Sadam Hussein Sentanced to Death;

I started a thread here.

Edit: I pwn the "recent bbs topic" right now. I love 4:30am visits here.
Novacaine15

Postby Novacaine15 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:56 pm

I saw that when I went to the MSN homepage. Looks very interesting... didn't read it though.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:57 pm

I've been really busy lately and don't have any time to go on the computer, I'm not that active anymore and hopefully I will get more active.

Last night was wow... so crazy, I was walking home from hanging out with a few friends and it was about 12:00 at night, I saw about 8 black teenagers probably anywhere between 16 and 19. I saw them waiting suspiciously i between 2 houses, me being my stupid idotic self, I decided to wach to see what they were waiting for by hiding between 2 houses across the street, I then saw a pizza guy drive into the driveway they were waiting by and he rang the doorbell, then they ran up to him with a hand gun and put him at gun point... I should have left but I was pretty much shocked to see what I saw then they starting kicking the sh*t out of him and jacked his money and all the pizzas. I carefully walked home trying not to bump into those guys especially because I had 50 bucks on me at the time. Then when I got home I called the cops. It was in the paper, they had fairly big size article on it and it says an anonymous source called the cops at 12:07 Pm (me). i wanted to stay anonymous because i probably knew those guys but I couldn't tell who they were since it was dark and if I didn't know them i definitely knew they're friends. I'm not the one to rat people out but... honestly I wanted a reward!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:16 am

^Wow, nothing like that ever happens in my town. Probably because the population is about 4000.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:51 am

I hear sirens outside my house in the distance.
Member# 325291
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:54 am

My weekend was pretty fun. Florida Supercon, being my first ever comics/sci-fi anime convention experience, was just amazing. I only went one day (Saturday), but it was good enough.

It wasn't as hot in the hotel as I thought it would be (it was actually ventilated quite well), though I did sense the stink of "Unwashed Fanboy B.O." a few times (Especially in Room B, for the "Whose Line Is It Anime?" show. You'd think some people never heard of a shower or deodorant! :stanpuke: ).

I didn't buy anything, as I didn't really see anything I really wanted other than quite a few subtitled "Sailormoon" bootleg VHSes..which I really should've bought now, considering that the people running TOEI Animation are a bunch of asshats and pulled the license from America, leaving people like me to RELY on bootlegs for it. There were also the really old dub VHSes for the show, with the sparkly pink boxes. I don't think I could've standed getting THOSE..(Nowadays, it's more the voices in DIC's dub that bother me besides the heavy editing).

I mostly just browsed around anyway. I can always buy Pocky elsewhere, so I didn't bother getting any of that. I did see a neat bootleg DVD stand that had "Song Of The South", the complete '60s "Batman" live action series, a DVD of banned Looney Tunes, and other rarities. Too bad they all, except Song Of The South (which was 25 bucks), ranged from the 59-79 price range.

I didn't really find any accessories I wanted, as Naruto headbands (which there were a LOT of, for 7.99 or so) aren't really my style. It's a shame we couldn't make it to the con in time for the Billy West Q&A session..

I enjoyed seeing a lot of anime, comics, and sci-fi cosplayers, though. There were a few Star Wars kids (and a Slave-Bikini Leia!!), including a Jedi cosplayer that was with the "Heroes Alliance" (a group based out of Tampa), which also had a Harry Potter, a Superman, a Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner, to be exact), a Superman, and a current-costume Supergirl. I saw a Dr.Fate later on in the night, but as he was outside and it was dark out, we couldn't get a good picture of him. I did get my picture taken with the Superman and Green Lantern, though! We also got a pic of the Kyle Rayner GL cosplayer and a few of his HA friends at the beginning of our con experience, too.

There was a ninja girl who had a "Hug The Ninja" sign, and naturally, I decided to have fun with that. In return for the hugs, she gave people candy. Too bad my friend couldn't get a shot of me 'hugging the ninja'. A lot of the cosplayers there were mostly anime characters.

Naturally, Naruto was the 'in' thing at the con. I saw a Rock Lee, at least two Sasukes (one was a kid!), a Kiba, and a Chouji, to name a few. There was a 'Bleach' cosplay group, too, and a few 'Death Note' characters. The only "Sailormoon" related cosplayer was a 'Human Luna' one, and she was pretty good.

For video games? Two Links, a Mario, a Luigi, and a Zelda. There were a few Final Fantasy guys, according to a friend, but I didn't get to see those.

I went to two panels: "Costuming 101" (by the Heroes Alliance), where I got information on how to do the really good costumes. As it was a bit of a Q&A session, I asked and got an answer as to how one would go about making their own Gatchaman 'birdstyle' helmet for a costume.

The second one was a "Voice Acting Experience" panel. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to listen in much, as the ruckus from the other side of the room ("Whose Line Is It Anime?") drowned a lot of it out, and I had to get up and go over a few times to see what the HECK was going on.

One fun part of the experience was seeing a bunch of cosplayers dance to the 'Macarena' and 'Electric Slide' :lol:

My friend took a lot of pictures at the con. Hopefully, she'll post them up on the net soon (if she didn't accidentally delete any or all of them). I did see a kid with a SP T-shirt, so that's something "South Park". No SP cosplayers, though (that'd be something, huh?).

A disturbing thing about the con, though, was getting a dead fly (that WASN'T there before) in my wig during the beginning I spent there. Ew. And it just had to be my brother (king of grossness) to point it out. I worried about whether it had vomited in my wig when it first landed (and presumably suffocated as it got entangled) there.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:04 am

It's been (on and off) pouring, thundering, lightning-ing, since 8pm last night. It's now 5am.

Edit: That Killzone ad needs to disappear. It makes my computer insane, and I can't turn the sound off.
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:03 pm

SouthParkMaster66 wrote:^Wow, nothing like that ever happens in my town. Probably because the population is about 4000.

I'm sure a ton of that sh*t goes on in my city, because Toronto is one of the biggest cities in Canada, but nothing like that has really happened recently in my area.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:33 pm

Even though it's only been a week...I feel like it's been forever since I've posted.

I have been super busy at work and extremely tired when I do get home. It's kind of lame because it's really not a stressful job. Maybe it's just me. who knows?

I've also been Christmas shopping, which that in itself is a pain in the ass. I either can't find what I want, it's too expensive or the people are really rude....and it's only November! How is it gonna be when it actually gets to be Christmas? I don't even want to think about that. Ick....

So I guess I'm gonna venture back into time and see what I've missed on the Random thread. I think, since I have most of the day off today I will post more. :)
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:14 pm

[quote="DarkDucky":498e8][quote="SouthParkMaster66":498e8]^Wow, nothing like that ever happens in my town. Probably because the population is about 4000.[/quote:498e8]

I'm sure a ton of that sh*t goes on in my city, because Toronto is one of the biggest cities in Canada, but nothing like that has really happened recently in my area.[/quote:498e8]

Here, too. Calgary's third biggest in Canada and fastest growing, so, yeah.

Actually, now that I think about it, most every night I go to sleep with my window open, I can hear sirens in the distance. :| I've never really thought about it before but I guess it wouldn't be like that in a small town so much. Kinda creeps me out.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:14 pm

I can always hear police helicopters when I go to bed. ¬¬ And last night was a prick for going asleep, as so many people were letting off fireworks, which resulted in around a dozen dogs barking for a few minutes. I sound like a kill-joy here, but Bonfire night is pretty stupid. :P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:49 pm

Alright, I got MSN. I don't know how to add people or anything, but whatever, it's tbonel4114@hotmail.com because I'm just THAT original. <_<
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.

Return to “Hot Topics”