The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:39 am

Sounds cool Ali. =D ^

DevilAngel16 wrote:
...But the absolute highlight of the whole day was passing by a video game store. There were a bunch of people literally sitting down next to the store on the ground, all bundled up, with food and random equipment. They were all lined up, anxiously waiting for the Nintendo Wii to be released. XDD Seriously, I was practically laughing about that. One person even had a freaking tent set up. All I could think to myself was Cartman freezing himself. XD

XD Yes, there were massive amounts of people outside waiting in front of Circut City the other day for the PS3, all with their tents and whatever, and we got a record amount of rain to our area in the course of three hours, and they all got flooded out.

Speaking of the flood, we are (or were) under a state of emergency...AGAIN! Twice in the course a year this has happened, and it's never happened in our area before. But this time, instead of the rivers overflowing, we flooded due to so much rain falling in such a short period of time. WTF??? I'm just glad it wasn't snow...
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:47 am

lol in Winnipeg (I think), they put out 10 chairs in front of the store, and said that the first 10 people to sit down would get a PS3. So obviously, there was a huge rush to get into those chairs, and some kid ran into a pole and had to go to the hospital. olol

And in Pennsylvania (sp), two kids got shot waiting in line for a PS3.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:03 am

DarkDucky wrote:and some kid ran into a pole and had to go to the hospital. olol

I read that and immediatly burst out laughing. I'm trying to suppress my cracking up so I can pay some more attention to Corner Gas.

And Wanda just said "I hope we don't get trampled in a rush." Geez, way to directly relate.

I want a salad. We got a new bag of lettuce so now I'm gonna be salad whoring.

Also my current English project sucks balls because it involves me looking up stuff about the bible for literary allusions. So I'm getting a bunch of preachy messages about WORSHIP GOD OR YOU WILL FALL INTO THE PATH OF EVIL DGJIDJHFGJ god damnit it so f*cking annoying. I don't care if this is worth 5% of my final grade (ONOES!!1). This is so pathetically half-assed and I'm going to throw in painfully obvious snark yet again.

I am getting so tired of using sarcasm in all of these bullsh*t English assignments.
Miss_Murder

Postby Miss_Murder » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:13 am

^ I kind of know how you feel. Once we were doing scripture which is all about god, and i didn't want to learn about it because 1. My father's an atheist and 2. I just don't believe in religon.

So i put my hand up and ask 'What if people are atheist or don't have a religon like me?' So they sent me out during every lesson and i failed the whole term for that subject. But i don't really give a sh*t and i'd do it again.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:24 am

Well, the thing that really pisses me off about this is that I went through Jew school for 11 years, and finally just a few months ago got the hell out and into public school.

And then I'm forced to study the bible AGAIN.

When we first got this assignment I went off on a massive bitchrant and seriously started scaring my friends. I'm pretty sure that when this gets started up again I'm gonna go off some more bitching. >_>
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:12 am

iceiwynd wrote:
DarkDucky wrote:and some kid ran into a pole and had to go to the hospital. olol

I read that and immediatly burst out laughing. I'm trying to suppress my cracking up so I can pay some more attention to Corner Gas.

And Wanda just said "I hope we don't get trampled in a rush." Geez, way to directly relate.

I want a salad. We got a new bag of lettuce so now I'm gonna be salad whoring.

Also my current English project sucks balls because it involves me looking up stuff about the bible for literary allusions. So I'm getting a bunch of preachy messages about WORSHIP GOD OR YOU WILL FALL INTO THE PATH OF EVIL DGJIDJHFGJ god damnit it so f*cking annoying. I don't care if this is worth 5% of my final grade (ONOES!!1). This is so pathetically half-assed and I'm going to throw in painfully obvious snark yet again.

I am getting so tired of using sarcasm in all of these bullsh*t English assignments.

XD That reminds me of one of the guys in my Spanish class. Some time ago, we had an entire vocabulary unit on nature, and all of our activities and assignments pertained to "write a persuasive letter to your senator talking about how pollution is wrong." As an environmentalist, I had nothing against this, and I was actually glad that the textbook was reminding people about pollution being an issue... but they should have kept their viewpoint a little more neutral.

...because this uber-Republican douchebag kept complaining that the textbooks were "hippie propaganda published by the liberal media." XD Needless to say, I gave him a piece of my mind after class ended. D:
Novacaine15

Postby Novacaine15 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:59 pm

iceiwynd wrote:And then I'm forced to study the bible AGAIN.

In public school I thought you don't have to take religion. :? Well at least here in Ontario you don't. I HAVE to take religion because I go to a Catholic school. But I'm not complaining since I never go to church.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Novacaine15 wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:And then I'm forced to study the bible AGAIN.

In public school I thought you don't have to take religion. :? Well at least here in Ontario you don't. I HAVE to take religion because I go to a Catholic school. But I'm not complaining since I never go to church.

XD We have to take three theology classes at the college I attend, the first of which is a mandatory Catholic studies course. That's what you get for attending a Catholic university... but it's supposed to be the best private college in Minnesota and it gave me the most financial aid out of all the universities I applied to, so I can't complain.

XDDD Instead of going to church this morning, I'm finishing a biology paper on evolution. Ironic, no? :lol:
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:57 pm

^yeah, I kinda don't get why Catholic folk get pissed when someone says we come from monkeys. But saying that there's some dinosaur bones in France can really shut them up.

In other news, my legal guardian said that when 30 dudes were waiting outsode Wal-Mart for a PS3, the employees said that they only had 5 in stock. So 25 people left in pissed-off-mode
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:11 pm

My mom's friend was in line to get a PS3, and after waiting hours the store people said there were 125 PS3's in stock. She was 103 in line so she got one. On her way to her car she got mobbed by people offering money for it. Some guy offered her $2200 for it so she sold it.
Question: Is a PS3 on the first day worth $2200?
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:21 pm

^Hmmm.... I'm not really sure. But accordig to random people I met, a Wii was on eBay for $6000. By the way, I'm in the process of begging my mom for a Wii for Christmas. But she was all "Bitch! You got a Game Cube 3 years ago and a DS last year! I ain't spendin' no $300 for no Wee or whatever the hell it is!!"

Luckily, my brother agreed to buy me a Christmas present as long as it was less than $400. When I showed him the Wii in the sales papers, he was all 'WTF?! That's retarded!!"

*sigh* But to tell you the truth, I only want a Wii so I could play Super Smash Bros. Brawl
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:25 pm

^ Same here, with the Wii thing. That game looks so awesome, but I bet there eventually will be awesome games for it besides Super Smash Bros. Brawl. At least my bro is buying half (moms paying other half) of the Wii and the game and I just get to play it! :wink:
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 pm

All I know is Brawl is one of the games. EGAAAH!! I must have it! *grabs nutmeg by the collar* SURRENDER THE WII!!!

And so, after Poofs's alter ego threatened to kill everbody, did I notice that my house smells like bacon
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:31 pm

My dorm room smells like Totino's Pizza Rolls. My roommate always makes those lovely vegan-unfriendly foods that are really bad for you and smell really good, and the scent remains.
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:34 pm

Those pizza rolls are really good. I've had them at parties or just for snacks. They are really good with Sprite.

I'm having terrible allergies today. I have all-year allergies, they suck. It's kind of wierd I'm having allergies because it's raining.

Return to “Hot Topics”