The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 am

I'm trying to translate some excellent Russian cartoon into English (by making subtitles). 'Why are you doing it?', you might ask. I dunno; just for fun. But man, it's not that easy...
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:13 am

Prologue... sort of. I've condensed this as much as possible, but it's still a long-ass post.

Last night I dreamed that I was on my bike, chasing after this guy who had stolen something, through a neighborhood, into an alley, over a fence, and through a house.
Now, let me pause here, to say that the next street over, there is a white brick house for sale that is the second one down from a major street. The guy I was chasing ducked into a house just like that, through the back door.
I layed my bike down, jumped the fence, and followed after him. He went through the front door, and I stopped there to let him get some distance because he had a gun or something. To my left there was a 16 year old girl watching TV, and once she saw me, she started to talk my ear off about random crap.
I wanted to leave to chase after the guy, but didn't because I didn't want to seem rude, and leave her there mid-sentence or something. After a minute or so, I turned to go back to my bike because I felt like he was long gone. When I turned, Trey Parker was standing there in a white bathrobe. I was like, "Oh, Trey, Hi. So this is your place?" He said, "Yes, I just bought the place, and my daughter and I have lived here for a while." :?
I said "Oh, well, I don't want to bother you guys any longer, so I guess I'll just get going". I went out the back door (which for some reason had become the front of the house, and the alley the street) got on my bike, and Trey ran after me saying "Oh wait, you forgot your tapes!" I turned back, and he ran in the house, and returned with a Walmart bag with some VHS tapes in it that were out of the sleeves, and labeled with masking tape (very unlike me to do that) I took one look at them and said, "Wait a minute, I took cassette tapes in there!" He just smiled, and turned to go back inside. I turned around to ride down the street, and I was on my own street here. I said, "Hey, I didn't know I was here! You see that house there? The sixth one down, with the rusty Chevy truck, and the blue Beetle out front of it? He went "Mmhmm". "That's where I live. Well, I guess I'll see you around." Then he said "Well, maybe not, you know..." and I thought he was going to say that they were planning to move out soon, but he just started rambling, talking all kinds of techical jargon about the show, and describing the inner workings of the show as if it was the "Going Down to South Park" feature from season 2. (which I had been watching before I went to sleep) Just like with the girl, I tried to leave a couple of times, but didn't want to seem like an assh*le, so I just let him talk on. That's when I woke up.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't eat a BLT with 4 slices of bacon, and watch "Going Down to South Park" before you go to sleep, or Trey Parker will talk you to death about stuff you already know.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:54 pm

That's actually really funny. lol

I had a dream that had Trey Parker and Matt Stone and it was really odd. Nobody talked in it and I kept hugging them for no reason. It was in the mall and people were kind of just in a big circle. It was very very odd but hilarious.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:13 pm

^When ever my dreams take place in a familiar place there's always something very different about the place. And it's always so noticable. Lately I haven't been remembering anything about my dreams.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:44 am

A while ago I had a Dream That I was fighting some guy who had a knife and when I woke up i had cuts on my arms... OMG ITS TEH KREUGER
First sig made w/ pirated Photoshop. Yay piracy!
Good at Photoshop or GIMP? Click Here!
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:50 am

I wanna go do sumthin.And I wanna know why everyone types like this?
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:00 am

Because it's teh rockz0rz!!
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:04 am

And whats with everyone saying "teh"?
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 am

Times up!!! now for a song!!

A long, long time ago...I can still remember How that music used to make me smile.And I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.But february made me shiverWith every paper I’d deliver.Bad news on the doorstep; I couldn’t take one more step.I can’t remember if I criedWhen I read about his widowed bride,But something touched me deep insideThe day the music died.So bye bye, miss american pie.Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and ryeSingin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."this’ll be the day that I die."Did you write the book of love,And do you have faith in God above,If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock ’n roll,
Can music save your mortal soul,And can you teach me how to dance real slow? Well, I know that you’re in love with him`cause I saw you dancin’ in the gym.You both kicked off your shoes. Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.I was a lonely teenage broncin’ bucWith a pink carnation and a pickup truck,But I knew I was out of luckThe day the music died.I started singin’,"bye-bye, miss american pie."Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.Them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
And singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."this’ll be the day that I die."Now for ten years we’ve been on our ownAnd moss grows fat on a rollin’ stone,But that’s not how it used to be.When the jester sang for the king and queen,In a coat he borrowed from james deanAnd a voice that came from you and me,Oh, and while the king was looking down,The jester stole his thorny crown.The courtroom was adjourned;No verdict was returned.
And while lennon read a book of marx,The quartet practiced in the park,And we sang dirges in the dark the day the music died.
We were singing,"bye-bye, miss american pie."Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.Them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and ryeAnd singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die.
"this’ll be the day that I die."Helter skelter in a summer swelter.
The birds flew off with a fallout shelter,Eight miles high and falling fast. It landed foul on the grass.The players tried for a forward pass,With the jester on the sidelines in a cast.Now the half-time air was sweet perfumeWhile the sergeants played a marching tune.We all got up to dance,Oh, but we never got the chance!`cause the players tried to take the field;
The marching band refused to yield.Do you recall what was revealedThe day the music died? We started singing,"bye-bye, miss american pie."Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.Them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
And singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."this’ll be the day that I die."Oh, and there we were all in one place,A generation lost in spaceWith no time left to start again.So come on: jack be nimble, jack be quick!Jack flash sat on a candlestickCause fire is the devil’s only friend.Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage.No angel born in hell
Could break that satan’s spell.And as the flames climbed high into the nightTo light the sacrificial rite,I saw satan laughing with delightThe day the music diedHe was singing,"bye-bye, miss american pie."Drove my chevy to the levee, But the levee was dry.Them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye And singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."this’ll be the day that I die."
I met a girl who sang the bluesAnd I asked her for some happy news,But she just smiled and turned away.I went down to the sacred storeWhere I’d heard the music years before, But the man there said the music wouldn’t play.And in the streets: the children screamed,The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;The church bells all were broken.
And the three men I admire most:The father, son, and the holy ghost,They caught the last train for the coastThe day the music died.And they were singing,bye-bye, miss american pie."
Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and ryeSingin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."this’ll be the day that I die."They were singing,"bye-bye, miss american pie."Drove my chevy to the levee,But the levee was dry.Them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die."

wow that was a good song... now i must go and do some random sh*t because Im bored..of course theres always time for some more songs.
Last edited by T&Paresweetsupersweet on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:38 am

Ok. PM, or here, or request a sig?
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:01 am

pm
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:05 am

I am the boreds.
The only way I can stave off severe indifference while waiting for something to load is to pick up the mouse and pretend it's like a UFO or something. It helps that it's optical. You get that nice red glow underneath it.

Hey, here's something random, has anyone ever heard of Penny Whistle Park?
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHFRudKJ2q0

Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.................... :|
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:40 am

Small writing is lame, you know.

But seriously, nothing eventful's happened since my last post... well, apart from an A in English, but that's about it.

And welcome back Nikki! =]
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm

I have one final project due on Friday and two due next week, plus an exam for all 4 of my classes.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission

Return to “Hot Topics”