The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat May 12, 2007 9:42 pm

I am in the middle of saving up for multiple things:

1. A one-week trip to Maine in January
(expensive as hell)

2. Nikon D80
(I need a real camera, especially if i wanna take good pics at Maine. And if i want to move ahead in my dream of being a photographer)

3. Playstation 3
(Obvious, since my PS2 is getting executed for murdering my God of War)

4. Cds, shirt, food for my trip to Disneyland/Skinny Puppy cocnert
(I NEED money to pay Ariel to....take a picture with me. Yeah)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 13, 2007 2:00 am

I have a massive headache after walking around at the "A Taste of Addison" festival and getting rained on.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:32 am

I'm saving up for a few things, too:

A new iPod (my 4 gig is full)

A couple more shirts from The Altered Native (damn that store is awesome!)

Some spending money for summer vacation, at the beginning of July.

It'll take a while, but it will all happen.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun May 13, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm probably gonna be like you when summer comes, l*m. :lol: Hopefully, the comic book store in my town centre could give me a job, seeing as I practically know everyone in there.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sun May 13, 2007 5:34 pm

I recently sent off an application for a job in an Operator/Directory Enquiries/Phone-Call Helping People Centre downtown........that AND the book shop in town are probably the only places I'd feel 'comfortable' in working in. Thank God for friendly peoplethough ......I get along quite well with the people who work in the book shop so I'd love to spend some free time working in there too.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Tweek_like_chocolate

Postby Tweek_like_chocolate » Sun May 13, 2007 6:32 pm

I work in a book store near my town... gonna quit though. Im of to Uni next year. And i doubt i'll be driving 120 miles to make it into work every weekend. Im gonna sponge of the government for awhile :D
I'll have one coffee flavoured Tweek with a side order of Kenny to go Please. Oh and a small Kyle. No ice.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun May 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Tweek_like_chocolate wrote:I work in a book store near my town... gonna quit though. Im of to Uni next year. And i doubt i'll be driving 120 miles to make it into work every weekend. Im gonna sponge of the government for awhile :D

Finally. I have found someone to pass my torch on to.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun May 13, 2007 9:12 pm

As of today, I'm back in the dating game.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun May 13, 2007 9:26 pm

The family went to Celebrations for Mother's Day. In case you don't know what Celebrations is, it's a dinner theater. The food was iffy but the musical was good.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:31 pm

love*metal wrote:I've been sending application forms off for jobs since early november now, but I'm not getting a responce from any of the places I've applied to. At the moment I'm getting money from college every week, but when it comes to the summer holidays, which is not far off, I have absolutly no idea what I'm gonna do for money.

My parents' neighbours are paying me $100 a week to just make sure their house is clean and their yard is well-groomed while they go off to their summer house. So at least I'll be making some form of money.

I have about six more job apps to fill out, plus I got a job offer at some out-of-the-way ice cream store near Red Wing. ^^

Sizzling Lynn wrote:As of today, I'm back in the dating game.

Congrats! Who's the lucky man?
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun May 13, 2007 9:36 pm

Athena1999 wrote:
Congrats! Who's the lucky man?

I meant I'm back in the dating game as in I'm single again. Back to "looking for" my mate...And who says it has to be a man for me? =P
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sun May 13, 2007 9:48 pm

This summer, I will hopefully be working at either Arby's, Carl's Jr., Sonic, or Giacomo's Italian restaurant.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Sun May 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Athena1999 wrote:
love*metal wrote:I've been sending application forms off for jobs since early november now, but I'm not getting a responce from any of the places I've applied to. At the moment I'm getting money from college every week, but when it comes to the summer holidays, which is not far off, I have absolutly no idea what I'm gonna do for money.

My parents' neighbours are paying me $100 a week to just make sure their house is clean and their yard is well-groomed while they go off to their summer house. So at least I'll be making some form of money.

Wow, Your lucky to be given a job like that, and for a $100 a week! Not bad.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sun May 13, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm a really picky person when it comes to jobs. I can't stand being in a job that involves me wearing some daft and embarrassing brightly coloured uniform - URRRK! :x

But thank God there are more shops now where you have to dress in a smart-casual way. Most clothes, books and coffee shops in town have the staff wearing things like plain black T-Shirts & Jeans which is something I'm accustomed to and like. Praise Smart-Casual clothing! :D
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 am

All I did today for Mommy's Day was to sign cards bought by my old man. I had my English project I needed to finish today.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!

Return to “Hot Topics”