The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Mon May 14, 2007 2:23 am

Corona
Arizona
Sherona
Rona
Mona
Stonah ("stoner", using an accent)
Bonah ("boner", using the same accent)

PS - My mommy snores really loud...kinda like my dad when he farts.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon May 14, 2007 3:01 am

EPAF wrote:I'm a really picky person when it comes to jobs. I can't stand being in a job that involves me wearing some daft and embarrassing brightly coloured uniform - URRRK! :x

I'm the same way. However, this summer I'm gonna play the signing on game.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Mon May 14, 2007 3:04 am

I'm gonna be getting a job this summer. I'm not sure where yet, but I'm gonna start applying at different places soon. I also still have to get my beginner's license.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon May 14, 2007 4:51 am

My god, this was the best weekend I've had in a while. And I know next week's gonna be way better, especially because it's a long weekend.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 14, 2007 7:51 am

This, is... almost unbelievable. For the first time in 20 years, KERA, the local PBS station, has removed Are You Being Served from it's weekend Brit-Com lineup. :o I didn't really watch it much anymore anyway (because I've seen each episode about a million times), but still, it's like canceling American Idol or something... only this is a show I actually enjoyed!
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Hey Bug, I just found out that two of my cousins are going to college where you live. I knew they went to the University of Dallas, but I had no idea it was in your town until just now. Small world!

OK... random subject: I'm getting my refrigerator picked up today. Which means I have to drink my way through a week's worth of kelp juice, V-8, and soymilk because my roomie can't stand that stuff. X3 YES, KELP JUICE. I KID YOU NOT. I AM A WEIRD COOKIE AND PROUD OF IT.

So how was everyone's weekend? Tell me tell me tell me! *sits on edge of chair*
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:18 pm

^Better apply quickly, because those jobs fill up like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, neither my roommate nor I have found anything new yet because no one's hiring, apparently. D:

RFAM: I beat the freshman 15. :D My secret is avoiding all the fried sh*t and desserts in the cafeteria.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 3:55 pm

BRMBug wrote:This, is... almost unbelievable. For the first time in 20 years, KERA, the local PBS station, has removed Are You Being Served from it's weekend Brit-Com lineup.

What other comedies do they have lined-up during that period?

Athena1999 wrote:I'm getting my refrigerator picked up today. Which means I have to drink my way through a week's worth of kelp juice, V-8, and soymilk

That's a LOT of trips to the bathroom then for you, Jeni. :?

Athena1999 wrote:So how was everyone's weekend? Tell me tell me tell me! *sits on edge of chair*

Well, let's see......hmmmmmm......ummmm......well apart from faffing around with some new fractal formulas, making some really wierd distorted noises with my musical keyboard, grabbing the bargain of the year so far by buying 3 massive Toblerone tubes for only £1.50 altogether and climbing to the top of my area's tallest hill............I can't think of anything - shame. :roll: :lol:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 4:08 pm

RFAM: I've never been so keen to watch a statistic-based Documentary ever in my life......but that's precisely the case because there's a programme on telly this evening that shows just how dangerous old people are when they drive. And if the adverts are anything to go by, this is gunna be shocking, interesting AND funny......in a small way.

I just hope by the end, they don't tell us that all these accidents and damages were caused because they were just trying to find Country Kitchen Buffet. :roll:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 pm

EPAF wrote:RFAM: I've never been so keen to watch a statistic-based Documentary ever in my life......but that's precisely the case because there's a programme on telly this evening that shows just how dangerous old people are when they drive. And if the adverts are anything to go by, this is gunna be shocking, interesting AND funny......in a small way.

I just hope by the end, they don't tell us that all these accidents and damages were caused because they were just trying to find Country Kitchen Buffet. :roll:

I'm more in two minds about whether to watch the Cutting Edge documentary about kids swearing in school or the Panorama special on Scientology. South Park is just becoming more and more relevant...
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
EPAF wrote:RFAM: I've never been so keen to watch a statistic-based Documentary ever in my life......but that's precisely the case because there's a programme on telly this evening that shows just how dangerous old people are when they drive. And if the adverts are anything to go by, this is gunna be shocking, interesting AND funny......in a small way.

I'm more in two minds about whether to watch the Cutting Edge documentary about kids swearing in school or the Panorama special on Scientology. South Park is just becoming more and more relevant...

There's a Panorama special on Scientology? :shock:
When?!

And you're right, it IS becoming much more relevant - especially in this country.
Last edited by EPAF on Mon May 14, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon May 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Tonight 9pm BBC1, I think.

EDIT: It's 8:30.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 4:18 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Tonight 9pm BBC1, I think.

SUGAR! Panorama......or Driving Me Crazy?

Panorama or Driving Me Crazy?

Decisions, decisions! :?
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon May 14, 2007 4:21 pm

EPAF wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:Tonight 9pm BBC1, I think.

SUGAR! Panorama......or Driving Me Crazy?

Decisions, decisions! :?

Take a deep breath, Panorama's on at 8:30.

Radio Times wrote:Monday 14 May
8:30pm - 9:00pm
BBC1
Scientology and Me
John Sweeney investigates the Church of Scientology, endorsed by some major Hollywood celebrities, but which continues to face the criticism that it is less of a religion and more of a cult. Some former members claim the Church uses a mind control technique to put opponents at a psychological disadvantage. During the course of his investigation, Sweeney is shouted at, spied on, visited in his hotel at midnight and chased around the streets of LA by strangers in hire cars.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 4:23 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Take a deep breath, Panorama's on at 8:30.

Radio Times wrote:Monday 14 May
8:30pm - 9:00pm
BBC1
Scientology and Me
John Sweeney investigates the Church of Scientology, endorsed by some major Hollywood celebrities, but which continues to face the criticism that it is less of a religion and more of a cult. Some former members claim the Church uses a mind control technique to put opponents at a psychological disadvantage. During the course of his investigation, Sweeney is shouted at, spied on, visited in his hotel at midnight and chased around the streets of LA by strangers in hire cars.

Breathe in............and out! :)
Phew! :roll:

Return to “Hot Topics”