The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Wed May 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Got through my world civ exam today, difficulty was much below expectations. Test was ridiculously easy; got through multiple choice in 15 minutes, the essays in 45 minutes.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Wed May 16, 2007 11:13 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:RFAM: My birthday is on Father's Day again this year. :(

Father's Day sucks ass; why should I have to support an unofficial holiday? :|

Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Christ, I'm tired. 8( I probably got a total of ten hours of sleep over the past week, and I took a loooooooooooooooong nap after I finished my biology final.

Also, apparently Biology 202 is a weed-out class. Almost everyone who, at the beginning of the semester, was taking pre-med for the sake of boasting about it, was now complaining "OMGZ MY GRADEZ IS RUINED BCUZ THE FINAL WAS 2 DIFFICULT!!!1!!eleventyone" Well they took pre-med for the wrong reasons, so I don't feel sorry for them.

XD the final wasn't too difficult, it was just so f*cking long you couldn't really take much time to think about the problems, not to mention I suck with deadlines and NEVER EVER EVER STUDY. I probably should have studied how to calculate fecundity (like how many kids you can have), but the prof NEVER went over it. You can't spell "fecundity" without "FECK YOU", which is pretty much how I felt about my professor this semester.

Enough about me-- how are all of you?
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 16, 2007 11:28 pm

O'Brien wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:RFAM: My birthday is on Father's Day again this year. :(

Especially if you only have a bastard, pedantic stepdad who expects presents on that day. That would make it stepfather's day. And since there's no 'To a great stepdad...' cards, I feel really uncomfortable giving him anything.

It's purely commercial as well. In the UK, our mother's day is in March because it's an Anglican holiday, part of easter, called Mothering Sunday. But not everyone (including me) is Anglican, C of E or Presbyterian, but everyone still buys into it. There's no equivelant religious holiday for fathers.
Email notifications do matter, people.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Wed May 16, 2007 11:28 pm

I barely study for tests as well, but I usually get away with it by having an exceptional memory along with good uhhh...... 'common sense'. However this usually works best for fact-heavy subjects like history, I tend to suck with formula-based fields like math and physics (Science damn my physics class and my dimwitted physics teacher, may he forever be burned by the fires of Logic).

love*metal

Postby love*metal » Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm a little worried about how fast this year has been going. It seems like just last week that I was really relaxed at college. I was doing fine with all my course work, meeting all the deadlines, etc. Now it's time for exams and applying for next years courses. Time goes bloody fast.

My first exam is next wednesday.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Wed May 16, 2007 11:48 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
O'Brien wrote:

Especially if you only have a bastard, pedantic stepdad who expects presents on that day. That would make it stepfather's day. And since there's no 'To a great stepdad...' cards, I feel really uncomfortable giving him anything.

It's purely commercial as well. In the UK, our mother's day is in March because it's an Anglican holiday, part of easter, called Mothering Sunday. But not everyone (including me) is Anglican, C of E or Presbyterian, but everyone still buys into it. There's no equivelant religious holiday for fathers.

Jesus, is it really that bad for you? :(
I sure hope I won't be needing to get a stepmother's day present sometime in the future since I don't really get along with my dad's girl(well not really a 'girl' as in age)friend very much.

Anyway, Another RFAM today: My laptop's recently been making some really wierd 8-bit noises and beeps at random times whenever I press certain buttons. Whenever it happens, I always have a hell of a lot of fun just typing away at the keys and making little loops of beeps, screeches and scratches. I want to somehow find a way to record 'em so I can make a little music composition of them. :lol:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 pm

love*metal wrote:I'm a little worried about how fast this year has been going. It seems like just last week that I was really relaxed at college. I was doing fine with all my course work, meeting all the deadlines, etc. Now it's time for exams and applying for next years courses. Time goes bloody fast.

Welcome to my World.........again. :roll:
I have to admit too that I feel that the year so far has passed pretty quickly. So many things have to be done in such a small amount of time for me and I don't know what the hell to expect. And all I wanna do is finish my exams, leave college, go to Uni and spend hours-on-end by a computer doing Graphics Design. 8)
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 16, 2007 11:55 pm

EPAF wrote:Jesus, is it really that bad for you? :(
I sure hope I won't be needing to get a stepmother's day present sometime in the future since I don't really get along with my dad's girl(well not really a 'girl' as in age)friend very much.

I hate my stepdad so much, I have to get up early so there's enough time in the day to hate him as much as I do.

I've seen the teaser ads for the new series of Big Brother on Channel 4 :x

LMAO!! Happy BBS-sary to Jordan!! Where's the cake?
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu May 17, 2007 12:00 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:LMAO!! Happy BBS-sary to Jordan!! Where's the cake?

OH SNAP - I forgot about that. *yawn* Too tired to celebrate at 1 in the morning - need bed then happy BBS-sary post tomorrow/9 hours from now.

albino.black.sheep wrote:I've seen the teaser ads for the new series of Big Brother on Channel 4 :x

I think I taste vomit in my mouth. :x :roll:
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 am

EPAF wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:I've seen the teaser ads for the new series of Big Brother on Channel 4 :x

I think I taste vomit in my mouth. :x :roll:

I know how you feel.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Thu May 17, 2007 12:11 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:I've seen the teaser ads for the new series of Big Brother on Channel 4

I refuse to call anything Big Brother if it doesn't come from an Orwell book. May that name-stealing cockroach-infested show be vaporized! :twisted:

O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Thu May 17, 2007 12:13 am

I have the feeling that some assh*le managed to speed up the universial rate of time. Why is it that time has gone by fast for all of us? :x

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:54 am

Dunno, but I've been doing my five year plan this week. I'm taking honors classes next year and I'm still stuck in band! I could've been taking psychology, but.... BLEH!!

Anyway, we had to do a concert like always, but I, like all the other bastards in my grade, received a random gag-gift thing from out band teacher! I won a kung fu ink pen since I like anime and am always pissed off! Huzzah!! :D
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu May 17, 2007 5:41 am

Happy bbsaversary PAF! I had some pie and ice cream for you, but I eated it.

Seriously though, my dinner was a ho-made quesadilla, and I topped it off with a massive hunk of Apple pie, with globs of vanilla ice cream. There was more food on the 'dessert' plate than on the dinner plate.

Return to “Hot Topics”